BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 10

Well I've given up with the online games at the moment. I lost my unbeaten record last night because I was randomly signed out of the ea servers during a game. This was during the replay of a goal I'd just scored to make it 3-0. I was fuming, plus I've now got a dnf percentage.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've given up with the online games at the moment. I lost my unbeaten record last night because I was randomly signed out of the ea servers during a game. This was during the replay of a goal I'd just scored to make it 3-0. I was fuming, plus I've now got a dnf percentage.

Happens to me every series!! Last year I had about 35% DNF at one stage because I kept getting kicked from PSN.

Not lost a live game this time so far.

Played a game as Olympiakos last night - Not bad!

Really enjoying playing as Rovers, Samba out-muscles just about every Centre Forward in the game. Big Jase and Benni feel slightly more sluggish than i would have expected but replacing them with Franco and Niko helps inject pace up top. Steven N'Zonzi is a fair representation of a player who ive been really impressed with so far this season!

Totally struggling to get online games at the moment. It takes far too long to connect to an opponent and playing friends is very frustrating. That said I think the game is a lot more polished than 09, just a shame everyone still only plays as United or Barca..

Totally struggling to get online games at the moment. It takes far too long to connect to an opponent and playing friends is very frustrating. That said I think the game is a lot more polished than 09, just a shame everyone still only plays as United or Barca..

Set your online game search up to look at only 4-3 1/2 stars then.

Why does it take long? You press x and then it finds you an opponent! Or do you mean its not allowing people to select teams and then the session ends?!

You need to sort your port forwarding then mate..... Not Fifa's fault, your broadbands fault...

sorry mate but your wrong there, i have my ps3 on DMZ and still get the problem. it happens with tiger woods as well, truth be told ea are just s**t at making games work as they should online

It finally turned up yesterday and I am loving it (even though I only got an hour to play)

I downloaded the gameface and got the virtual pro going but one thing strange happened when playing......I became really really selfish. I was always trying to get the ball to 'me' and as a consequence the team suffered as I am not very good (like real life then I guess - I suppose improving 'me' would make it unrealistic)

Mucho improved over last year but on previous advise I am staying away from manager mode for the moment (although it did run an update but I have no idea what it was for)

sorry mate but your wrong there, i have my ps3 on DMZ and still get the problem. it happens with tiger woods as well, truth be told ea are just s**t at making games work as they should online

Im probably not wrong. That was my problem with 08 & 09, and now 10 - all 3 have been fixed by opening up the ports.

Got an Xbox on loan now so tried it last night.

My first sentence isn't "I love it", more of a "I'm not used to this, but I think I'll love it when I get used to it". I've played a few exhibition games offline before venturing online, also played a few 2 vs 2 games (if you haven't tried it I recommend it highly).

First thing that strikes me is the game seems so FAST compared to 09 - I'm not going to slow it down, I'm sure I will get used to it. Also, the game is buggy but I'll not go into that as it's been discussed before and hopefully a patch will remedy it. What I will say though is I hope the patch fixes some of the commentary glitches in the game - in my first game I noticed two. Robbo made a great one on one save but the striker put the rebound in and Andy Gray said something like "Oh, a terrible goalkeeping blunder" er... no. The second one was a late tackle by Nelsen for which he got a booking and the commentary was "He's already on a yellow card, he was lucky not to get another one there..".

Little bits like this I am more than willing to forgive, initial impressions are that this is the finest football game around, and the fact that I can't master it straight away is a massive stamp of approval for me. I'm also 33 so maybe it's and age thing with the speed issue - ol reflexes ain't what they used to be :blush:

PS - how do play as the whole team in be a pro mode?

Im probably not wrong. That was my problem with 08 & 09, and now 10 - all 3 have been fixed by opening up the ports.

apologies then.

iv managed to fix my online problems by changing my persona on eafootballworld.com as have alot of other people (mainly fixes the random kicks out of psn).

snatchymcsnatch

try clicking your right analoge stick (its r3 on ps3 not sure on xbox) it should tell you on the bottom left of your screen.

Annoying when Andy Gray is talking about Rovers - "just when you think they're going to get somewhere, they never quite do it" - you what? :blink: Does he expect us to win the league? And then he said "but under Mark Hughes they seem to be on the right track" - 2 years late!

Still enjoy the game but that is annoying...

Annoying when Andy Gray is talking about Rovers - "just when you think they're going to get somewhere, they never quite do it" - you what? :blink: Does he expect us to win the league? And then he said "but under Mark Hughes they seem to be on the right track" - 2 years late!

Still enjoy the game but that is annoying...

Quote Gray : "Blackburn fans get annoyed when people refer to them as a "small time club" (by "people" that will be you then Andy) but what people forget is they are one of the few clubs to win the premiership"

Patronising git....

anyone come accross the 'the defender has done a great job there' even though you just took a shot or the keeper has just saved a shot, it even bang on about defenders when you tackle and get the ball in the other teams half

Im finding that more and more ofte im playing teams with completely different squads to real life, usually Liverpool. Played one guy who chose liverpool and had 4 created players in it, which were obviously maxed out. Super fast, super hard shot and won every header. The next game another guy chooses liverpool and had Adebayor upfront. These people that try and cheat at every given opportunity really hack me off. Whats the point, they werent even ranked games. Dont know if its a liverpool thing or its a cheat that can be done to all teams.

Another thing ive noticed is that every single game you get horrendous rebounds in your box when defending. Youll make 1 tackle which will rebound to another attacker, make another tackle rebounds to another forward and so on until they score. This happens every single game to the point when you just have to laugh at how stupid it is.

Anyone else noticed these?

Im finding that more and more ofte im playing teams with completely different squads to real life, usually Liverpool. Played one guy who chose liverpool and had 4 created players in it, which were obviously maxed out. Super fast, super hard shot and won every header. The next game another guy chooses liverpool and had Adebayor upfront. These people that try and cheat at every given opportunity really hack me off. Whats the point, they werent even ranked games. Dont know if its a liverpool thing or its a cheat that can be done to all teams.

Another thing ive noticed is that every single game you get horrendous rebounds in your box when defending. Youll make 1 tackle which will rebound to another attacker, make another tackle rebounds to another forward and so on until they score. This happens every single game to the point when you just have to laugh at how stupid it is.

Anyone else noticed these?

they have to download a squad file to play ranked, unranked i belive you can use any player in any squad.

the tackling tbh cant say iv noticed, that being said i play mm, BAP and Fifa clubs

happens to me every game. not just one or 2 deflections its like 8,9,10 a game inside my box. I think its because I dont like playing high pressure where as almost everyone else does. perhaps their players are more inclined to chase up shots etc.

Does anyone know how you make a player come and meet the ball when you pass to them, rather than just stand there?

anyone else noticed that sometimes when you cross the ball it has the player arriving late as the reciver even though theres a player directly under the cross?

also anyone noticed ea have done MGP perfect? all his corners on bap go to the first defender

I'm playing be a pro seasons (Accy Stanley) at the moment and I need help.

I'm only playing on "professional" skill level but when there is a goal kick/long ball the computer wins almost EVERY GOD DAMN HEADER. It's immensely frustrating - please tell me if there's a knack to it. Also they seem to be able to do miracle tackles from behind - i.e. I'm running in front of them and somehow they whip the ball off me.

Any tips gladly recieved.

I'm playing be a pro seasons (Accy Stanley) at the moment and I need help.

I'm only playing on "professional" skill level but when there is a goal kick/long ball the computer wins almost EVERY GOD DAMN HEADER. It's immensely frustrating - please tell me if there's a knack to it. Also they seem to be able to do miracle tackles from behind - i.e. I'm running in front of them and somehow they whip the ball off me.

Any tips gladly recieved.

winning headers is down to jumping (your height) and your timing of pressing X (or A on Xbox) once you master your timing you should be winning most (iv got my pro at 6'2" as imo it gives the best mix between jumping, strengh and speed)

with the takcles try using the right stick to knock the ball further infront of you and force the foul

Archived