BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season

I don't know about that! :) Pre-season friendly, and watching hoof hoof?

Actually would be quite interesting to see the new guys play, and I haven't been to Ewood since August last year!!

hiya, what is with you not going since last August then? Quality of the football or the moaning of the fans (Waggy etc)...or was it the lack of Rovers euro trips on the lash?

Took whoever's advice it was and bought 3, cos my grandad wanted in too! Mite get another season ticket sold if he is impressed!!

I'm going to miss this one tonight....i'm up at Sellafield and will be following on Rovers World in a hotel in Cockermouth. I look forward to the post-match comments on here.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hiya, what is with you not going since last August then? Quality of the football or the moaning of the fans (Waggy etc)...or was it the lack of Rovers euro trips on the lash?

After I've moved to Liverpool I've found that the cost of going to Blackburn on a regular basis being way too expensive, especially with having a girlfriend! Cos that's effin expensive when she uses the 'what's yours is ours, what's mine is mine' principle! ^_^

I went to Everton away and cup quarter final at old trafford last year. Will try to get to a few games this season, but will see how we get on.

And yes the quality of football didn't really tempt me last season either :)

I wouldn't mind a trip to Europe next season though (Krakow, Amsterdam...) :lol:

Key questions for me about tonight:

Who starts central midfield?

Does Samba play?

Does McCarthy play?

Does Pedersen start on the left?

Where does Warnock play?

The fitness of Dunn, Grella, Reid and Emerton - should any of them play?

What kind of player does Di Santo look like?

There is loads up in the air. Far too much to be honest with 10 days till the start of the season. I would like to see things settle over the 180 minutes against the two Scottish sides.

Should be interesting to see what happens in the final pre season games because I'm pretty clueless at the moment to what our starting lineup will be come Citeh. Think it's around the time in pre season that we have to start putting out close to the team we expect to start against Citeh.

At the moment I don't think there are many that have cemented their place in the lineup for the opening day.

Robinson - Unless he's injured between now and August 15th he's the only one I'm 100% certain will play against Citeh.

Jacobsen (Only fit right back although I guess Andrews is an option.)

Samba/Nelsen - Surely going to play but that makes you wonder about Givet and then Warnock. If Givet's at CB then who get's dropped, Samba or the captain, if Givet plays left back does Warnock go straight into the midfield, or alternatively is Warnock or Givet going to be on the bench.

Diouf - Due to others not being quite ready yet in terms of age or experience he's probably nailed on to start on one of the flanks

Haven't a clue who's going to play center midfield, Andrews and N'Zonzi is looking more and more like it'll be first choice to me (I'm serious) mainly due to the fitness worries of the rest of them, upfront once Kalinic comes in could be any 2 of the 4 if Sam doesn't feel Kalinic and Di Santo are ready straight from the start. Left wing is probably Pedersen's but don't think he's a guarantee.

I could be wrong but pretty sure N'Zonzi has had significant playing time in the first team friendlies as well as playing in the reserves, I think we could be fast tracking him to be first choice in the center along with whoevers fit and Andrews if they aren't.

After I've moved to Liverpool I've found that the cost of going to Blackburn on a regular basis being way too expensive, especially with having a girlfriend! Cos that's effin expensive when she uses the 'what's yours is ours, what's mine is mine' principle! ^_^

I went to Everton away and cup quarter final at old trafford last year. Will try to get to a few games this season, but will see how we get on.

And yes the quality of football didn't really tempt me last season either :)

I wouldn't mind a trip to Europe next season though (Krakow, Amsterdam...) :lol:

I work in Liverpool so if you ever want a lift for a mid week game give me a shout.

From the official site:

The two teams are in:

ROVERS: Robinson, Jacobsen, Samba ©, Khizanishvili, Olssonl; Gallagher, Nzonzi, Andrews, Pedersen; Di Santo, Roberts.

Subs: Warnock, Brown (GK), Nelsen, Diouf, Doran, van Heerden, Hoilett.

HIBS: Ma-Kalambay, McCann, Murray, Hogg, Bamba, McBride, Zemmama, Cregg, Nish, Rankin, Stevenson.

Subs: Flynn, van Zenten, Thicot, Wotherspoon, Galbraith, Currie.

Di Santo to start. Great news! Hope he gets a full game. Not like he's struggling for match fitness anymore than our other blokes.

Givet rested or injured? Hope it's the former. Funny to see neither he or Warnock at left back though.

Still no sign of the four injured boys. Not really surprising but still disappointing. Grella and Dunn have to play in Dundee and would hope to see Reid and Emerton on the bench at least.

Zemmama is worth keeping on eye on......in the Tugay mold..........

I also notice that The Glassman Grella and Delicate Dunn are still out.............same old story from last year..........Rovers cant go into the season with these 2 again can they Sam?

I also notice that The Glassman Grella and Delicate Dunn are still out.............same old story from last year..........Rovers cant go into the season with these 2 again can they Sam?

Dont ask Sam, ask The Trust.

And yet Sam says no more signings. We just cannot afford to rely on Dunn, Reid and Grella.

If anyone has a P2P live stream link please can they message me... too ill to go on tonight and i'm gutted!

If I was you I would delete that post, since live streaming is illegal and asking for it in game threads gets you banned....

Archived