BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never been up here for pre-season before so never been along, Burnley had more than that on saturday (5-7K).

I thought as its our first and only home game more would come. Oh well 7K it is then.

Maybe so , but only around 3,000 dingles

Anyone coming up to Dundee on Saturday? The Dingles are just down the road in Perth aren't they, should be interesting. You could take in both games easily.

I'd be surprised if Hibs are bringing 2,000 on Saturday. I know a couple of lads who go to every away game but while they are off down to Bolton on Saturday they aren't doing the Blackburn game as they had already booked their trips for Saturday like many others. Hibs do have a decent away following, probably similar to ours and bigger on occasion but I can't see that many coming. Even with a new manager they are stuck in the doldrums these days.

And yes, as someone said earlier, they are well behind Hearts in the pecking order of Edinburgh football.

And yes, as someone said earlier, they are well behind Hearts in the pecking order of Edinburgh football.

yep, i'd put them somewhere just behind spartans and whitehill welfare.

Not going to perth, tempted by dundee v morton at 3 across the road at dens

Anyone coming up to Dundee on Saturday? The Dingles are just down the road in Perth aren't they, should be interesting. You could take in both games easily.

I'd be surprised if Hibs are bringing 2,000 on Saturday. I know a couple of lads who go to every away game but while they are off down to Bolton on Saturday they aren't doing the Blackburn game as they had already booked their trips for Saturday like many others. Hibs do have a decent away following, probably similar to ours and bigger on occasion but I can't see that many coming. Even with a new manager they are stuck in the doldrums these days.

Now that would be funny a few hundred Rovers fans at the dingle game, maybe not they might be at the Dundee game. :lol:

I thought as its our first and only home game more would come. Oh well 7K it is then.

Quietly confident on that one having watched him twice last year, but he could flop you never know. Very highly rated in footballing circles so we'll wait and see. Moyes wanted him badly and settled for Jo again. The oppurtunity to watch him is enough for me to travel along so assumed others would too.

I just thought more would come to see him play for the first time purely out of curiousity.

Understand maji, its just the Blackburn public are going to see a lot more of Ewood Park over the coming season so a pre season friendly at home to an uninspiring team like Hibs doesnt really do much for the Blackburn publics appeal.

They, the Blackburn public, seem more interested in a trip away to Dundee as this is an unexplored area thats advataged with the weekend that makes it all in all, another new, fresh venue, to party at.

I'll be there tonight though looking for that Hughesy fellow and looking forward to seeing all the new faces. :rock:

Me and my mate are going tonight and plan on getting tickets upon arriving at the ground. Think this is a sensible idea? Or shud we purchase beforehand? I know it won't be highly in demand, but might the queues get a little thick?

If you're local go and get them beforehand, no point queing before the match. I'm getting mine after work at 5.00pm.

Key questions for me about tonight:

Who starts central midfield?

Does Samba play?

Does McCarthy play?

Does Pedersen start on the left?

Where does Warnock play?

The fitness of Dunn, Grella, Reid and Emerton - should any of them play?

What kind of player does Di Santo look like?

There is loads up in the air. Far too much to be honest with 10 days till the start of the season. I would like to see things settle over the 180 minutes against the two Scottish sides.

i'm sure youll enjoy it once you get down to ewood! :D

i'm looking forward to it.

I don't know about that! :) Pre-season friendly, and watching hoof hoof?

Actually would be quite interesting to see the new guys play, and I haven't been to Ewood since August last year!!

Archived