BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year we went abroad to Germany to face Hoffenheim and also participated in the Guadiana Cup in Portugal, but this year it does seem we are staying closer to home and not going abroad.

Friendly List 2009-10 (I think)

Accrington A

Southport A

Leeds A

Sheffield Wednesday A

Cambridge A (I haven't seen any confirmation on rovers.co.uk, but it was posted on another thread so correct me if I am wrong)

Last year we went abroad to Germany to face Hoffenheim and also participated in the Guadiana Cup in Portugal, but this year it does seem we are staying closer to home and not going abroad.

Friendly List 2009-10 (I think)

Accrington A

Southport A

Leeds A

Sheffield Wednesday A

Cambridge A (I haven't seen any confirmation on rovers.co.uk, but it was posted on another thread so correct me if I am wrong)

The Accrington & Southport ones are reserve team freindlys.

Quality, my wife and all her family are Wednesday fans - should brighten up pre season a bit.

i like in barnsley so good distance to go to both

do you have to pay to go to a freindly?

or if you do how much normally?

I would reckon about £10-15 maybe. Which is more than what you'd pay for Premier League football at Ewood <_<

Staying close to home is good but its also nice to play a big European side for the experience and attracting crowds.

I'm guessing there's more to come. 2 games isn't a right lot of preparation (I think the Cambridge is also a reserves game)

I hope they let us know very soon, I'm trying to wrangle a week in where ever it may be as the, liverpool supporting, missus confessed to liking it last time but we are booking our main holiday soon.

It was confirmed at the Fans Forum on Monday that Rovers would have a training camp in Austria but would not be playing any games there.

Also that the final home friendly will be played midweek on either 4th, 5th or 6th August and not on the weekend of 8th/9th. This is because the following midweek is an international week and many players will be away immediately before the first game of the season.

Looks like we will be playing Cardiff according to this article too

See the bottom of the article "The Bluebirds have a stadium open day for the same two groups plus away travel members and stadium card holders from noon the next day. That will be followed by the first home friendly for Cardiff City’s first team, against Chasetown on Friday, July 10 (7.45pm), when the restricted maximum attendance will by 18,500, before the Bluebirds go to Madeira for their pre-season tournament against Maritimo and Nacional plus Premier League Blackburn Rovers"

Wonder if we are playing in thier new stadium??

Looks like the LET have this now

Rovers are meanwhile close to finalising their pre-season tour details, with a training camp in Austria and Germany and a four-team tournament in Madeira expected to be announced.

An away friendly against Senegal’s national team is believed to be another of several possible avenues being explored although nothing official has yet been announced.

LET

Archived