BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players in Austria are:

Fielding, Kean, Givet, Gunning, Khizanishvili, Samba, Warnock, Marrow, Doran, Judge, Diouf, Gallagher, McCarthy, Roberts, Dunn, Emerton, Reid, Andrews, Grella, Treacy, Nelsen, Nzonzi, van Heerden, Jacobsen.

Robinson, Ollson and MGP have extra holiday, Bunn's Mrs is expecting and Brown is injured. Hoilett awaiting paperwork completion.

The players in Austria are:

Fielding, Kean, Givet, Gunning, Khizanishvili, Samba, Warnock, Marrow, Doran, Judge, Diouf, Gallagher, McCarthy, Roberts, Dunn, Emerton, Reid, Andrews, Grella, Treacy, Nelsen, Nzonzi, van Heerden, Jacobsen.

Robinson, Ollson and MGP have extra holiday, Bunn's Mrs is expecting and Brown is injured. Hoilett awaiting paperwork completion.

Well that lot wouldn't strike fear into any premiership opponent. Written like that it shows the players we lack quite clearly. No trip for Vieri then?

Nice little away tour we've slotted into our pre-season lineup. Away to Roma then a couple of 45 minutes games against Hadjuk Split and a Portuguese team.

Oh and philip I think you omitted Vieri from your Austria lineup, he is there yes?

Is there a reason why our preseason this year is almost all away and not just locally either. We've always managed to fit in a match before going off on holiday , away at Wrexham and at Macclesfield for example. This year we're missing it all. Not that I'm annoyed as I can't complain when I'm away on hols but does seem an odd set up this year.

Tue 14th July - Cambridge United (A) - 7.45pm

Thu 16th July - AS Roma (A) - kick-off TBC

Sat 18th July - Hajduk Split (A) - kick-off TBC

Sat 18th July - CS Maritimo (A) - kick-off TBC

Sat 25th July - Leeds United (A) - 3.00pm

Sat 1st August - Sheffield Wednesday (A) - 3.00pm

Wed 5th August - Hibernian (H) - 8.00pm

Sat 8th August - Dundee United (A) - 12.00pm.

DUNDEE is a belting place spent 3 months working there a few years back friendliest folk ive ever met...tay view pub....good pub good digs ..out of this world brekkie as well.

Drove through, or around the place, for the friendly against Aberdeen many moons ago with the promise that Chris Sutton would make his debut.

Team included Tony Parkes and King Kenny :( Sutton was apparently in jail :lol:

Drove through, or around the place, for the friendly against Aberdeen many moons ago with the promise that Chris Sutton would make his debut.

That brings back some memories. Aberdeen on the Saturday followed by Celtic at Hampden on the Monday. We drove from Aberdeen to Glasgow via as many Scottish grounds as we could including Montrose, Arbroath and the two Dundee grounds which are literally across the road from each other ... the proximity has to be seen to be believed!

Anybody keen to bag an extra ground on the 8th August may be interested to know that with the early kick-off at Tannardice (12.00) it should be possible after the game to hot-foot it the 20 or so miles to Perth for the St. Johnston game that afternoon ... against ..... the Dingles :o

Anybody keen to bag an extra ground on the 8th August may be interested to know that with the early kick-off at Tannardice (12.00) it should be possible after the game to hot-foot it the 20 or so miles to Perth for the St. Johnston game that afternoon ... against ..... the Dingles :o

:lol: Why on earth would anyone want to do that?

Really looking forward to the Dundee Utd game. Never been to Dundee, it's a dump apparantly. It's years since we last had a game up here, I think Killy in about 1996 would be the last 1.

dundee is far from being a dump. Lived here for almost 6 years and love it.

Gutted tho. Waited for this fixture since ive lived here. Booked hoils the week before the dundee utd game was announced. As for the game itself. utd have a few very good young players. Not a easy game.

Yeah, I remember Kenny came on towards the end, and the first thing he did was nutmeg Stewart McKimmie- brilliant, especially as it was McKimmie's testimonial!

I seem to recall Duncan Shearer scored the winning goal, unfortunately he was playing for the dons at the time not us.

Archived