BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] End Of Manc Dominance?

Not saying they are going bust (but 2017 looks horrible).

Real have overtaken Man U on most bases as the world's biggest club. And Man U had the biggest crowds when were they were in the second division and the twenty plus years they never got anywhere near winning the league.

Ten years ago who would have predicted Chelsea to be the Mancs biggest rivals? Unless the Mancs get lucky and renew the playing side whilst remaining in the CL every season, Spurs will overtake them. The simple reason is that you cannot give any club like Spurs an £800m cumulative advantage over ten years which is what the Manc interest burden amounts to now- and that is before the Glazers start lining their own pockets to the tune of £130m in the first year.

Biggest club in the world and they can only generate £10m profit pre transfers and interest? Spurs are easily out-performing them financially generating profits three times that amount all of which is being re-invested into the club.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If every United supporter in the world stuck in £100, how much would that be? Obviously that won't happen, but what if only half did? A quarter? Barcelona pulled it off didn't they?

The best supported club in the world will never have any problems remaining at the top end of it's sport. If there isn't a filthy rich Arab wanting to enter a win win situation, there are literally millions of people who would.

If every United supporter in the world stuck in £100, how much would that be? Obviously that won't happen, but what if only half did? A quarter? Barcelona pulled it off didn't they?

The best supported club in the world will never have any problems remaining at the top end of it's sport. If there isn't a filthy rich Arab wanting to enter a win win situation, there are literally millions of people who would.

I agree totally and thats why I cant agree with it either....they are a MASSIVE global brand, which many a person would love to own, both for thier big heads or because they are fans. Whether it be Arabs, Branson or Fans they will never go bust & fall away. Sad but true!

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody else see the front page advertising the red mancs took out in the Evening Telegraph on Saturday touting tickets for an upcoming game? :angry:

Well I saw a similar thing in the MEN on Friday, first time I'd ever seen the Evil Empire flogging tickets in local papers.

I honestly can't see many Lancashire Telegraph readers forking out £40/50 for a United V West Ham ticket! Still it shows how the Glazers are going to have serious issues with ST renewals in the summer.

Arsenal have announced their 6 month profit & debt figures....Very good news for them

Arsenal to become the British Super-power??

6 months pre-tax profits at £35.2m....but more importantly they have announced that their debt is down by £130m in 6 months!!!

"there has also been a significant reduction in the club's net debt to £203.6m as of 30th November 2009 from £332.8m on 31st May 2009."

The thing is with the United season ticket is you are OBLIGED to buy tickets for ALL cup games (League Cup, FA Cup, Champions League) SEPARATELY.

That near enough doubles the season tickets price in most seasons I'm sure.

Easily....realistically you have probably got at least 5 Champs league home games to pay for (£35 each min) - then at least 5 FA/ League cup games (£30 min) - So that alone is £325 extra....and thats if they only reach the quarters of the Champs league and a decent phase of the cups...any futher and you have expensive Semi-finals/ Finals to pay for...

Well I saw a similar thing in the MEN on Friday, first time I'd ever seen the Evil Empire flogging tickets in local papers.

I honestly can't see many Lancashire Telegraph readers forking out £40/50 for a United V West Ham ticket! Still it shows how the Glazers are going to have serious issues with ST renewals in the summer.

Whisper this quietly but theres been an increase in Blackburn reds attending Rovers games this season, with many of them saying they wont be renewing their season tickets next year at OT, or so they tell me.

So Rovers pricing policy now opens up opportunities, now they aint going to watch City, and they aint going to watch the scousers, so WHO's their next best choice B).

Opportunity knocks for Rovers football club.

All Rovers have to do is maintain the best valued premiership football game tag in the north west and add an exciting game to watch, they come, have a good drink, and they'll be coming back for more.

Arte et labore.

Whisper this quietly but theres been an increase in Blackburn reds attending Rovers games this season, with many of them saying they wont be renewing their season tickets next year at OT, or so they tell me.

So Rovers pricing policy now opens up opportunities, now they aint going to watch City, and they aint going to watch the scousers, so WHO's their next best choice B).

Opportunity knocks for Rovers football club.

All Rovers have to do is maintain the best valued premiership football game tag in the north west and add an exciting game to watch, they come, have a good drink, and they'll be coming back for more.

Arte et labore.

The term 'Blackburn Red' makes me rather queasy!

If you mean Manc lads who have ended up living round here, then fair enough. If you mean glory hunting Blackburners, nothing galls me more (but if they've seen the light, then welcome home!)

The term 'Blackburn Red' makes me rather queasy!

If you mean Manc lads who have ended up living round here, then fair enough. If you mean glory hunting Blackburners, nothing galls me more (but if they've seen the light, then welcome home!)

No, local people who support Manu or Liverpool theres absolutley loads of them. At a guess i'd say easily into the hundreds if not more. Surely you must know of a few. To think everyone in Blackburn supports Rovers is sheer folly.

The ones I know have always supported one of the north west reds ever since the seventies.

No, local people who support Manu or Liverpool theres absolutley loads of them. At a guess i'd say easily into the hundreds if not more. Surely you must know of a few. To think everyone in Blackburn supports Rovers is sheer folly.

The ones I know have always supported one of the north west reds ever since the seventies.

These people are life's losers. I've lived in Greater Blackburn all my life with a great network of family and friends and I can honestly say I've never had too stoop as low as including glory-hunting reds amongst my social circle, virtually everybody I care to speak to from the town is a Rover.

Glory supporting twonks. Anyway, I think the slow decline of Man Utd may be taking place. Take Rooney out of their team, and they're merely a good team and not a world beating team. Unless Glazer and co. sell up to the world's richest person, Man Utd will probably be where Liverpool are now in a few years time.

Manchester United will be under pressure to sell off up to 15 players at the end of the season to help clear their rising debt, reported to be about £716m. Striker Michael Owen and keeper Ben Foster are likely to be top of the list for the axe.

Full story: Daily Star

If them two are top of the list? I cant see that making a big impact on the debt unless it's wages.

These people are life's losers. I've lived in Greater Blackburn all my life with a great network of family and friends and I can honestly say I've never had too stoop as low as including glory-hunting reds amongst my social circle, virtually everybody I care to speak to from the town is a Rover.

No offence Neil but I think you need to get out more.

Archived