BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] End Of Manc Dominance?

The term 'Blackburn Red' makes me rather queasy!

If you mean Manc lads who have ended up living round here, then fair enough. If you mean glory hunting Blackburners, nothing galls me more (but if they've seen the light, then welcome home!)

Not glory hunters they just like Manu and fell under the spell.

Always remember my dad taking me to the charity shield game in 1977 as a young kid between Liverpool and Manchester United when a certain Kenny Dalglish made his debut for Liverpool. On Euston station that day there was about twenty or so Mill Hill old boys goading the scousers into a fight as they came off the trains, always remember it.

Good thing is they always come out for the Burnley game as Blackburn lads.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know of lots of United fans, who have season tickets but are not renewing next season..and apparently that is a very general feeling amongst alot of their fans....could be tough times ahead for them!

Why would they renew? They are just handing over money (lots of it) to the Glaziers.

Is it safe to say they are a selling club yet? Rumours over Vidic will no doubt resurface this Summer (and possibly materialise) and possibly Rooney.

I think alot of that depends on the success they have - If they can go all the way in the Champs league then it could save them abit. Failure at an early stage of that and maybe the title could be a big big blow to them!

I think alot of that depends on the success they have - If they can go all the way in the Champs league then it could save them abit. Failure at an early stage of that and maybe the title could be a big big blow to them!

I thought they had 80 million squid in their transfer kitty!

Good to see the amount of green and yellow in the stands at Wembley.

Why? Serious question 'cos I haven't paid any attention the LUHG movement in a while. Are they supposed to be depriving the Glazers of income by not buying official stuff? If so, don't you think most of these people, being the most hardcore of supporters, have season tickets? There they are at the games. And don't you think any losses in merchandising revenues are offset somewhat by the massive amount of daytrippers they get at OT?

Not saying they shouldn't do anything; if this were my club I'd protest as loudly as I could. But waving a green and yellow scarf around seems like the most casual, popularist and ineffective form of protest possible. It really isn't going to make an ounce of difference to anyone but a few dodgy scarf manufacturers and stallholders.

Even if 40 Red Knights chip £20m each into the pot to redeem the debts, the vcost of removing the Glazers means some pretty horrific continuing debts.

The real effect of that is that it is going to be open season on rubbishing the Glazers and the points I have been making ever since they arrived are going to get a proper airing. Interesting the Times report on this initiative referred to the "reviled Glazers" this morning.

The Glazers are probably going to get a right going over in the media if they don't just sell up and push off.

United have announced their debts were down to £507m by the end of last year

And now with the £504m bonds issue - they basically only have that debt, which is £45m a year in interest.

Philip - where did the £200m+ go from?! :blink::wacko:

Also their cash reserve has gone from £8m, to nearly £110m!!

Remember the parent company has £200m+ of debt tanking up interest at an average of 14%.

The bond requires quarterly reporting by the company which issued the bond so the Mancs now have three companies involved which means they can push out partial bullshit like this stuff today. So the quarterly numbers are effectively being dressed up by keeping the other horrors elsewhere.

What this says is:

- total debt interest has actually gone up- the £504m bond replaced senior debt which was costing around £30m pa.

- the PIK loans falling due in April require something approaching £200m to be redeemed and the Mancs only have £110m spare cash. Watch out for more loans being taken out in April.

Just noticed this - "Earlier, at the Soccerex event, it emerged that Europe's top clubs had succeeded in delaying the full introduction of Uefa's new financial fair play rules.

The rules will apply in 2015 instead of 2012 and will govern the amount of debt clubs can accrue, with European bans a possible punishment if they are broken."

So clubs have abit longer to get their house in order!

Also as to the debate about clubs like United - why can they not just leave the premier league TV deal and go alone? It would earn them over £150m a season, compared to £50-60m now - so surely something they will want to do soon!!?

Or Rovers wear a green and yellow away kit.

I think it would be a great marketting ploy & would gain plenty of exposure...but like I said, it would work better for City, especially after the 'welcome to manchester' campaign last time

who is going to buy a football club with 700 mill of debt?

the tv revenue is not going to last, doesn't add up

Anybody financing that lot will still need relevent returns. Most Mancs will currently see these Red Knights as Kights in Shining Armour but reallity will kick in all the harder when it comes.

Or Rovers wear a green and yellow away kit.

How about every club get a green and yellow away kit! :lol:

The gist of the Red Knights is for them to chuck £20m each without hope of return as I read it- and indeed there is no hope of return considering the club would still be carrying £200m+ of debt in all probability.

Philip the finance man - did you see my question on the other page?!

What stop's United from leaving the premier league TV rights and stops them from selling their own rights?

The Glazers should look to get their own TV deal & sell the naming rights to the merchandise theatre - problems solved for them then! :unsure:

Philip the finance man - did you see my question on the other page?!

What stop's United from leaving the premier league TV rights and stops them from selling their own rights?

The Glazers should look to get their own TV deal & sell the naming rights to the merchandise theatre - problems solved for them then! :unsure:

Who do you suggest they play?

50 games a season against MUFC Reserves broadcast on MUTV?

Archived