BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] End Of Manc Dominance?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not saying they would go under now but 2015 to 2017 could be grim.

But a few years ago you said the last few years would be grim.

I'd hate to be in there position, 3 titles and a Champions League win - terrible.

As West Ham is showing - there will always be buyers to bail out certain clubs (and I'd like to point out you said the Hammers would go into Administration, I said they'd be sold).

The Mancs are disinvesting their playing side faster than we are- fact.

Over to you to find the quote from me if I said West Ham would go bust unequivocably.

You never say unequivocally (maybe because you can't spell it?), but you did say that it was most likely they would go into administration. I said a club of there stature and location would always find someone who wanted to buy them and they found several people who did.

Morning news :-

Carrington is being looked at, to see if its worth selling

Old Trafford is being considered to be sold (Personally I dont know why they dont just sell the naming rights?? - must be £150m in that for them)

Also United might have to sell their biggest asset 'Wayne Rooney' to help their finances!!

All I can do - :lol::lol::lol:

Old Trafford is being considered to be sold (Personally I dont know why they dont just sell the naming rights?? - must be £150m in that for them)

Unfortunatly it would be over many years so probably wouldn't help much unless they got it all up front. The fact that they are looking into selling their ground and training complex (brand new) just shows how much money they need.

Unfortunatly it would be over many years so probably wouldn't help much unless they got it all up front. The fact that they are looking into selling their ground and training complex (brand new) just shows how much money they need.

Arsenal got £100m from Emirates

Liverpool are in talks which already exceed £100m

Surely United could dwarf both those figures and get £150m+

Whether its over a couple of years or not, they are desperate!

Arsenal got £100m from Emirates

Liverpool are in talks which already exceed £100m

Surely United could dwarf both those figures and get £150m+

Whether its over a couple of years or not, they are desperate!

No.

Those are naming rights deals.

The Glazers are talking about SELLING THE FREEHOLD of OT and Carrington.

Bit of a difference.

No.

Those are naming rights deals.

The Glazers are talking about SELLING THE FREEHOLD of OT and Carrington.

Bit of a difference.

As a thought - what do you think Rovers could get if they sold the naming rights to Ewood Park? As much as I wouldn't want it to happen, but business is business and if money is needed to strengthen the team for a ' possible ' new manager ( or due to the current situation compo for the old).

As a thought - what do you think Rovers could get if they sold the naming rights to Ewood Park? As much as I wouldn't want it to happen, but business is business and if money is needed to strengthen the team for a ' possible ' new manager ( or due to the current situation compo for the old).

Big difference between naming rights for a new stadium and an existing one. A new stadium does'nt having its traditional name associated with it. How much would naming rights for Ewood be worth when supporters would still refer to it as Ewood? How many people sit in the WEC stand at Ewood? I bet the majority don`t even realise that is the name of the Darwen End. If Ewood was renamed the British Airways stadium what would you call it? 90% would still call it Ewood! At a corporate level it would still have commercial value to a sponsor but not to the extent of a new stadium like the Reebok or the Emirates. The same would apply to Anfield and Old Traffod.

I don't know why Man Utd don't just appoint you as commercial director.

Sell 30% of the Club for 300m.!

Sell the naming rights for 150m!

Simples!

Then in your lunch hour you could help us out.

SELL ALL THE DEADWOOD!

:)

SELL ALL THE DEADWOOD (and replace with gems)

Fixed.

I thought United were supposed to go bust in about 2012? Can you set a better deadline this time please Philip? It seems I'm getting my hopes up over nothing!!

TROUBLE @ OLD TRAFFORD - Protests expected

Details of the bond plan that the Glazers have set up. Turns out they can take out around £600m in cash from the club to save their own asses! Fans are now setting up protests and it looks like its all about to kick off again - whilst City fans will no doubt laugh at them!

TROUBLE @ OLD TRAFFORD - Protests expected

Details of the bond plan that the Glazers have set up. Turns out they can take out around £600m in cash from the club to save their own asses! Fans are now setting up protests and it looks like its all about to kick off again - whilst City fans will no doubt laugh at them!

:lol::lol::lol: I love it

According to the finincial times - see link to investor conference

Bond - the deal.

Manchester United's secured bank debts total £509m, while the Pik loans - which fall on the Glazers - stand at £202m. - Total £711m

The Glazer family bought Manchester United in a £790m leveraged buy-out in 2005, and most recently refinanced the club's debts in July 2006.

So going off that, they have actually reduced the amount owed...... But check what the cheeky gits are trying to do

"Since the takeover of the club in 2005, United fans have been assured that the PIK debt is the personal responsibility of the family, and not the club. The bond prospectus reveals that the Glazers are now taking £70m from the club’s cash reserves — currently just over £140m — to pay down some of the crippling PIK debt, which has an eye-watering interest rate of 14.25% a year. "

More to the point, they have been very strong for 16 years but the 20 odd years before that Man U were just a larger version of what Everton are now.

I'm old enough to rem Everton being what Man City are now...... :blink::(

If Man U slip out of the Champions League, they cannot sevice these debts. They were chasing the quintuple last season but still had to sell Ronaldo to keep out of deep financial trouble- apart from Rooney, who else can they sell for over £50m; the amount they would need to replace lost CL moneys?

Even worse for the MU's in football is the fact that clubs with that sort of buying power are getting fewer each year. If Real, Barca of the Johnny cum latelys across the City don't want Rooney his value will not be what they think.

Already highlighted and discussed in the PL happenings thread.

The thing that caught my eye most in that article was the bit about the Glazers being able to take 50% of the profits out if they hit a certain level.

The Glazers will be at best hoping for and at worst forcing the sale of their best players to keep profits up so they can take their cut.

And as we've seen over the last couple of seasons, continually selling your best players is a recipe for disaster.

Had to laugh at claims in yesterday's Sun that the United players were confronted with prospectuses for the bond offer at their training ground when they returned from their Far East jolly!.

"Errrr..........You know those wages we've been paying you for the last year or two.........can we have some of them back?"

:lol:

THe issue is not exactly for the small investor though. The bonds are apparently only available in blocks of 50k.

Archived