BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky News Now

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of interest I wondered what Nick Griffin was doing at Westminster when the egg throwing incident took place. I realise he was on his way to hold a press conference but I wondered why it was at Westminster? I ask because I'm not aware of MEPs having offices at Westminster, I presume their offices are in their constituency and / or Brussels. Is Griffin already trying to associate himself with the Westminster parliament as much as possible when in fact he is an MEP and, I assume, therefore nothing to do with our national parliament?

Would it be usual for MEPs to be working in and around Westminster? What, if any, connection do they have with the national parliament?

A second interesting point coming out of the news today. Gordon Brown is reported to be considering a system of "alternative" voting. At an election we would make five choices (assumming five candidates) on a first, second preference etc. The winning candidate would have to achieve 50% + 1 of the vote. After voting for one's first choice one then makes subsequent 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. If no one achieves 50% + 1 on the first round, the candidate with the lowest number of votes is elimanted and his votes transferred in preference to the other candidates until there is a winner. In a tactical sense this could mean one votes for one's first choice and then potentaily for the candidate most likely to lose in order to get one's second vote transferred to your preferred choice.

Does this mean I might have to vote BNP or UKIP on some occassion? :wacko:

On a technicality it is nothing to do with Jack Straw. The electoral boundary commission do all the swopping and changing.

Its a farce though.

Oakdale was handled like a hot potato by both Straw and Anderson. Neither wanted it as both obviously thought it would not hold many Labour votes and could make life very difficult for them. Needless to say Straws seniority won through...... whether the decision was anything to do with him or not! <_<

"This country" is not in any disgrace. Neither is the north of England. We can all vote, and (collectively + democratically) we have voted in a racist leader of a racist party.

The disgrace is with the people who have failed the voters. Brown, Straw, Darling ...

What about the non-voters?

These people have a lot to answer for.

The extremists who are the BNP turn out in force, every single follower of the BNP vote. This should motivate everyone in Britain to vote for what they believe, no party is perfect but we do not want thugs getting their foot in the door and making what is already a problem with Islamic extremists even worse.

We live in a democracy, therefore not all will be pleased with the outcome of elections. That comes with the freedom to vote.

I myself voted, my partner didn't, therefore I will not talk politics with her!!!

The extremists who are the BNP turn out in force, every single follower of the BNP vote

I actually think the opposite, many people who want to are scared to. Due to the leaking of their members and anyone who is found to support them is instantly targeted. Other potential voters are not actually allowed because of who they work for etc.

I voted in the last general election, but not this time. However Is there no way an online vote can be cast? If you had your own log on details, which then brought up your potential politicians and then a single page outlining their views, a quick short/long term plan and what they'd bring to the area. I think a lot more people would vote. The electoral system is very outdated with todays technology.

There is a lot of sanctimonious hand wringing on here.

Nazi scum etc etc. The vast majority of BNP voters, especially in the former industrial North, are anything but Nazis. Ive yet to see a Fascist policy amongst the BNP's but why let facts get in the way of an argument.

The BNP and non BNP voter have however watched over 30 years, their way of life being slowly eroded. The town of Blackburn is a complete shadow of what it was, to walk around a British town and to see woman after woman clad in a burqa is a total anathema to our culture.

Multi-culturalism has been an abject failure, the population of Blackburn 40 years ago- circa 100,000, today circa 100,000. Yet we have a large and growing South Asian population, it is obvious that 'white flight' is continuing at a pace. On both sides there has been very very little social interaction and that is becoming more not less apparent as time goes on.

To watch immigration continue unabated without the jobs or infrastructure to support it has created massive resentment. Think its time we debated it properly without shouting racism from the rooftops whenever an alternative view is raised.

There is a lot of sanctimonious hand wringing on here.

Nazi scum etc etc. The vast majority of BNP voters, especially in the former industrial North, are anything but Nazis. Ive yet to see a Fascist policy amongst the BNP's but why let facts get in the way of an argument.

The BNP and non BNP voter have however watched over 30 years, their way of life being slowly eroded. The town of Blackburn is a complete shadow of what it was, to walk around a British town and to see woman after woman clad in a burqa is a total anathema to our culture.

Multi-culturalism has been an abject failure, the population of Blackburn 40 years ago- circa 100,000, today circa 100,000. Yet we have a large and growing South Asian population, it is obvious that 'white flight' is continuing at a pace. On both sides there has been very very little social interaction and that is becoming more not less apparent as time goes on.

To watch immigration continue unabated without the jobs or infrastructure to support it has created massive resentment. Think its time we debated it properly without shouting racism from the rooftops whenever an alternative view is raised.

I have a friend who is a member of the BNP, a good lad he is too. He's a good, hard working law abiding citizen who is willing to 'fight' for what he believes. Some of the BNP's policies are what some people have wanted to hear for a long time, it's just that some people think the BNP are a little extreme.

Other parties too want to clamp down on immigration, there are also parties that want to be independent from Europe, and parties who want to keep and re-build the power of the pound. They are three of my main concerns when it comes to casting my vote.

When it comes to voting there is no right and no wrong way to vote. You vote for what you believe to be right and nobody can take that away from you.

Sadly White Flight has been an issue for years, and it seems now to be out of control. The area that I was brought up in Blackburn is now prodomanantly Asian, you can see how the area is a shadow of what it used to be. I don't believe anything can be done about that now. Councillors have mentioned issues with segregation, this is something that happens between communities naturally. It has happened with the Scots and the Irish in the past.

I believe immigration is being dealt with and changes are gradually being made, just maybe not stringent enough. We can't totally control the issue without the help of surrounding nations. Something needs to be done to improve immigration. That's why I voted the way I voted, against the current mockery of a government and for what I believe.

He's a holocaust denier. Plus, as mentioned above, he's been convicted of inciting racial hatred.

Nothing illegal in denying the holocaust. Big part of the problem, though, is that you seem very eager to convict someone based on their beliefs.

The conviction I'll give you.

The reality is that many people on here value White people more than others races. The BNP is the only party that also represents this.

Whatever floats your boat I guess...

How is that 'reality'? as a crosssection of society this msg board isn't a bad fit, I can't recall EVER having a discussion with anyone who thought any race was inherently superior or inferior than any other.

The problems we face are ones of culture not race.

Nothing illegal in denying the holocaust. Big part of the problem, though, is that you seem very eager to convict someone based on their beliefs.

The conviction I'll give you.

Cheers...

Did you not ask what's he done wrong? Crime or not, denying the Holocaust is despicable. Anyway, who says 'I'm eager to convict' someone on their beliefs? You asked, I replied.

Cheers...

Did you not ask what's he done wrong? Crime or not, denying the Holocaust is despicable. Anyway, who says 'I'm eager to convict' someone on their beliefs? You asked, I replied.

Should have been clearer with the context - when I said wrong, I meant that broke the law. The comparison was being made between him and those that assaulted him. Apologies.

The reality is that many people on here value White people more than others races. The BNP is the only party that also represents this.

I don't believe it's about black and white, it's about living by the law of the land, working hard for what you've got and not living off the state.

If that is the case then why have people on here admitted to voting for the BNP, an organization that only allow membership of White people. Do you not see that as a "warning" sign?

How many have admitted voting for the BNP? Who's business is it to comment on peoples beliefs?

A completely natural human trait. Birds of a feather and all that. It's the same the world over and you won't change generation after generation of tribal instinct just cos you went to university Bucky.

What about the non-voters?

These people have a lot to answer for.

Revert to Tris's point above your post. :)

Kelbo's "friend", your "friend, MattyBlue alluded to it and theno said he would do if people continued to be speak up against them.

It's not black and white I agree, it's white and "the rest". Anyone saying differently is trying to justify the unjustifiable.

People are welcome to vote for them and support them.

Archived