BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky News Now

When did two wrongs ever make a right tgm?

I'm not sure where you picked that up from.

My point was that people would never label the sickening actions of a minority Christian priests as British or Christian culture, yet AESF thinks it's legitimate to label the sickening actions of a minority of Muslim Imams as part of their culture, and then wonders why people use the "racist" tag.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure where you picked that up from.

My point was that people would never label the sickening actions of a minority Christian priests as British or Christian culture, yet AESF thinks it's legitimate to label the sickening actions of a minority of Muslim Imams as part of their culture, and then wonders why people use the "racist" tag.

Thats cos the world is full of stupid numpty's who cannot think things through enough to put one foot in front of another to walk. It's been stated time and time again that racism plays very little to no part in criticisms of islamic fundamentalism.

btw just interested but why did you use the word 'British' in that statement? It's completely unecessary.

Thats cos the world is full of stupid numpty's who cannot think things through enough to put one foot in front of another to walk. It's been stated time and time again that racism plays very little to no part in criticisms of islamic fundamentalism.

btw just interested but why did you use the word 'British' in that statement? It's completely unecessary.

I'm not aware of British Christian priests telling boys that they should murder people and that the reward for their religious martyrdom in carrying out suicide bomb attacks will be virgins in paradise.

It's a fundamental difference in culture, but sadly some liberals seem to believe that highlighting such differences in culture is "racist".

That's why I used British.

I'm all for criticisms of this brand of Islamic fundamentalism, there's nothing racist about condemning a small minority of imams who incite this stuff.

As I've stated twice now, but you've conveniently managed to miss, it's when people like AESF use the actions of a minority to judge an entire culture by, that one starts to use that word.

Nobody is countering criticism of Islamic fundamentalism.

The racist tag is indeed wrong when inferring that all Muslims are terrorist sympathisers. Bigotry (or perhaps stupidity) is a far more apt term.

The racist tag is indeed wrong when inferring that all Muslims are terrorist sympathisers. Bigotry is a far more apt term.

Thank you matt. I hope you will pull up people who continually and all too easily revert to accusations of racism whenever islamic based terrorism is mentioned.

btw Baroness Pauline Neville Jones said on BBC breakfast this am that the only way forward in the UK to combat this type of threat is to tackle the islamic radicals head on and for the entire muslim community to recognise and contribute to this. ....... I wonder if that statement earned her a 25% warning from the beeb? :rolleyes:

Guest andrewpickup

SPORT IS THE LAST BASTION OF RACISM AND BIGGOTRY IN MANY WAYS, PETTY NATIONALISM ETC. ANNIVERSARY OF 9/11 SOON ONLY GOES TO ENFORCE HOW PATHETIC NOTIONS OF WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO BE IN WHATEVER COUNTRY ETC. NOBODY WAS BORN WITH A UK PASSPORT IN HAND

If you can't do other people the courtesy of typing in sentence case (thereby making your posts readable), no-one will do you the courtesy of reading your posts. And another idiot goes on ignore.

I don't care if you're typing on a dangleberry, and even if this was a "throw away medium" (whatever the hell that is), show a bit of respect for the house rules and other users.

I find it strange that many think that Muslims in general should apologise for the actions of a minority.

AESF. How many people did you apologise to when Yorke was abused by a Blackburn fan? Obviously he was a Blackburn fan, so why didn't everybody have to apologise?

If you can't do other people the courtesy of typing in sentence case (thereby making your posts readable), no-one will do you the courtesy of reading your posts. And another idiot goes on ignore.

I don't care if you're typing on a dangleberry, and even if this was a "throw away medium" (whatever the hell that is), show a bit of respect for the house rules and other users.

Yet his board name is in lower case. Kids these days eh? :rolleyes:

Exactly right. Exposure will err expose them one way or the other. Refusing them such is simply anti-democratic..... not that I expect many from new Lab to grasp that concept.

btw I bet no ones ever typed your opening sentence before. ^_^

I find it strange that many think that Muslims in general should apologise for the actions of a minority.

AESF. How many people did you apologise to when Yorke was abused by a Blackburn fan? Obviously he was a Blackburn fan, so why didn't everybody have to apologise?

So many worldwide atrocity's carried out in the name of one's own God and one's own religion should make anybody on the right side of a lunatic asylums gates a. squirm and b. profoundly question their religion...... especially when the actual word 'islam' is supposedly derived from the word 'peace'.

As for the Yorke incident it's a completely stupid and irrelevent comparison. It was not done in the name of a religion and I would suggest that 90% of BRFC fans from the other 3 sides of Ewood would have told him to sit down and shut tf up in no uncertain terms.

Yorke could easily live with it too I'm sure. He's as rich as Croesus, a gifted footballer and neither he nor his family were being scooped up in a carrier bar were they?

btw Bucky can I refer you to the last sentence of the last post?

By apologising you are acknowledge that it is in some way your fault. I don't recall anybody bombing in the name of Blackburn Rovers, but if they did I wouldn't feel the need to apologise.

I got invited to a mosque the other day for the breaking of the fast meal. I pointed out I wasn't a Muslim nor was I fasting (he knew this already, he is a colleague) but he said this didn't matter. Everyone is welcome. Compare this act to the bile written in AESFs post and you would think there is no relation between the two.

We are all cut from the same cloth.

I remember working opposite a muslim colleague 10 years ago during Ramadam.

I felt especially bad for taunting him before sundown by offering him a crisp, if that wasn't bad enough it was only afterwards I realised the significance of offering him a frazzle. Mind you, he did find it funny as well.

I remember working opposite a muslim colleague 10 years ago during Ramadam.

I felt especially bad for taunting him before sundown by offering him a crisp, if that wasn't bad enough it was only afterwards I realised the significance of offering him a frazzle. Mind you, he did find it funny as well.

Smoky bacon? :rolleyes: Don't worry even if it was.... smokey bacon crisp flavour has never even seen a pig.

• 1 month later...

Yes good article. I quote fron the final paragraph....."The far Right, which blossomed in obscurity, will now flourish in the limelight until government builds more houses, ensures fair pay and tells the truth about immigration. "

But what has changed your opinion? Very similar thoughts havs been posted many times on here in the past Philip which yourself and others have vehemently argued against.

Even in recession, Boston's unemployment rate is 3 per cent, compared with the national average of about 8 per cent. Its retail sales, down by 2.1 per cent, are out-performing the rest of Britain by 6 per cent, and its fusty streets have been transformed by new shops and restaurants. Yet myth, fear and prejudice always trump reality, which is why the BNP is on the rise....

And third, they should start talking about immigration. The Government should – though almost certainly won't – declare an amnesty for the unlawful migrants who have lived in Britain for many years and helped it thrive. Then it should assess how many non-EU incomers post-recession Britain needs and set its (already stringent) points system accordingly.

Government should champion the transformation wrought by incomers and uphold the British tradition of welcoming, from the Huguenots onwards, those fleeing persecution. It should applaud Europe's open borders while stressing that EU migrants, many of whom do not stay long, have boosted the economy. In 2008-9, new arrivals paid 37 per cent more in taxes than they cost in welfare payments and public services.

Migrants are not the enemy of community cohesion. That role is occupied by the far Right, aided and abetted by Goldman Sachs bankers and other City parasites whose profiteering condemns less well-off people of every race, colour and creed to fears for their own and their children's futures.

Are you sure you read the article fully 'drog?

I do agree with it.

Daniel Defoe in 1703 wrote:

A true-born Englishman’s a contradiction,

In speech an irony, in fact a fiction.

Thus from a mixture of all kinds began,

That het’rogeneous thing, an Englishman:

In eager rapes, and furious lust begot,

Betwixt a painted Britain and a Scot.

Whose gend’ring off-spring quickly learn’d to bow,

And yoke their heifers to the Roman plough:

From whence a mongrel half-bred race there came,

With neither name, nor nation, speech nor fame.

In whose hot veins new mixtures quickly ran,

Infus’d betwixt a Saxon and a Dane.

While their rank daughters, to their parents just,

Receiv’d all nations with promiscuous lust.

This nauseous brood directly did contain

The well-extracted blood of Englishmen

Archived