BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky News Now

Get off this msg board and you will find a VERY sizeable constituency that feel the BNP does stand up for them.

Earlier today I was in a room where four other people were discussing Question Time. One late 60s, one late 80s, one mid 40s, one mid 30s. I would expect,but don't know, each to be a Conservative voter. I was shocked to hear the person in their late 60s say " Of course you can't say it openly but half of what he said was right". For various reasons I kept quiet but no one argued

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mattyblue they have a small constituency and i hate to break it to you, they got less votes this European election compared to last, but if you think those figures show the BNP is growing, you show as much grasp of maths as Griffin has about the holocaust.

This non football board is renowned for it's holier than thou pontificating.

'The vast majority of people abhor the BNP etc etc' this complacent attitude is why the party is growing at such a rate.

Get off this msg board and you will find a VERY sizeable constituency that feel the BNP does stand up for them. Labour as a party of the working class is a sick joke!

We are nearing 3million unemployed yet immigration continues unabated? When this was raised by the guy at the back and the black fella at the front it was dismissed out of hand. The liberal dogmas of the elite have caused this situation.

######.

Neo-conservate economic theory has failed.

Society insufficiently protects and cherished individual liberties.

I am sure the Daily Telegraph welcome the correction to the facts they printed.

Of course, you might be wrong- you usually are.

Ha Hilarious- we could open up a whole thread on things you have got wrong.

Such as:

Blackburn having the capacity to bid for Xabi Alonso,

Rovers having the potential to go big in the transfer market

Dick Advocate earning 8 million a season with Zentith

berating me for suggesting the UK was heading towards a rescission- a few years ago

Still awaiting a response on your declaration of Europe only “recently becoming a Christian continent“.

Britain as a high tech, corporate driven economy does not need low skilled cheap labour. What it needs is highly educated/highly skilled migrants- the vast majority fall into the unskilled

Anyway here is an extract from a times article

Immigration should be capped, according to a parliamentary report published today which concludes that record numbers of new immigrants have had “little or no impact” on economic well being.

Immigration is not a benefit to the economy and should be cut, say peers

One of the first things she said at the start was "I don't know anything about politics" :blink: I found her contempt for Griffin humorous but she added nothing to the debate.... at one point started going on about the ice age and Dimbleby had to shut her up :huh:

The reason she was there is that she is 1) black and 2) a historian connected to the British Museum. The reason she was talking about the ice age is that one of Griffin's regular statements is that the British people have been here 17,000 years and that the indigenous population is being "ethically cleansed". So I guess she was trying to provide context.

The problem with Griffin and his party is that they have no policies other than to boil everything down to "they're getting something for free and you're not" and it's "all their fault", based on colour/ethic origin. It's funny that these people complain about illegal immigrants flooding this country to get the "benefits" and yet don't mention the million plus who have been soaking them up long-term with no intention of ever contributing.

You enjoy throwing empty barbs 'drog.

Any economist knows that immigration is a positive economic driver in most circumstances. The fact that there is a strongly net positive contribution made by newly arrived immigrants to the Exchequer is only disputed by those who haven't looked at the figures.

Mary Riddel is hardly a bleeding hear leftist and the Daily Telegaph is not exactly where one goes to read "politically correct" comment.

With regards to the BBC "setting up" Nick Griffin, he/the British public set him up by getting him elected as an MEP. It sounds like Griffin flunked something he really should have been better prepared for- what happened in Question Time was hardly unsurprising. Did he really expect there not to be questions about Klu Klux Klan, holocaust denial or forced repatriation? He mishandled everyone of them.

Never mind that his views are unpallatable, as a politician he was kack which is enormously good news for Britain. He is no Gerry Adams or Geert Wilders or even Jean-Marie Le Pen with a turn of phrase, quick mind or the common touch. He is just an extremely unpleasant second class intellect with pretensions beyond his capability.

Thats cos there's always some silly bugggger who cannot resist taking the bait on an empty hook. :P

Some BNP chap is being lighly minced by Steven Nolan on Radio 5 as I type.

Funny this has cropped up as I am re-reading William L Shirer's Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, and have reached the part where Hitler has just passed the Enabling Act. The BNP probably have people who just have concerns about immigration, but they also have very many loonies who want to deport any 'darkie' or foreigners. I wonder if Nick Griffin is a football fan................

Earlier today I was in a room where four other people were discussing Question Time. One late 60s, one late 80s, one mid 40s, one mid 30s. I would expect,but don't know, each to be a Conservative voter. I was shocked to hear the person in their late 60s say " Of course you can't say it openly but half of what he said was right". For various reasons I kept quiet but no one argued

Like you I only have a feeling Paul but imo most BNP voters have been gleaned from dissollusioned Labour voters rather than Tory boys..... I guess it's a similar background situation to the London Dockers marching in support of a certain well intentioned and conscientous but beleagoured Conservative MP in 1968.

Some BNP chap is being lighly minced by Steven Nolan on Radio 5 as I type.

Funny this has cropped up as I am re-reading William L Shirer's Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, and have reached the part where Hitler has just passed the Enabling Act. The BNP probably have people who just have concerns about immigration, but they also have very many loonies who want to deport any 'darkie' or foreigners. I wonder if Nick Griffin is a football fan................

They've recently had to amend their constitution to accept "darkies" as members.

Nick Griffin being on Question Time last night made me proud of him, he was representative of the white working class person in this country.

Not allowed to have a say and berated by immigrants and being made to feel unwelcome in his own country.

Really?

Strangely, despite fitting your criteria. I still think he is a ######.

Griffin's shallow intellect and lack of cohesive arguments in support of his dubious cause exposed him as an inarticulate embarrassment both to himself and his so-called party.

I'm not sure whether the BBC should be congratulated for giving the British public the opportunity to witness the appalling nature of the racist oaf or whether, as Peter Hain said, the corporation should be castigated for giving him some kind of legitimacy.

In my opinion the show did no favours to Nick Griffin and the BNP nor did it do anything for the BBC. The show just seemed a personal vendatta against Nick Griffin and everything the BNP stands for, the auidence and questions were obviously special picked out specifically for that purpose. It was like kicking a dog when it's already down, Nick Griffin never really answered a question properly and instead just insisted on smirking his way through.

We supposedly live in a democracy where people are free to air their opinions. Question time was more like an interrogation on Nick Griffin, whilst people obviously don't agree with his views he should have still been able to voice them.

Nick Griffin being on Question Time last night made me proud of him, he was representative of the white working class person in this country.

What ignorant, stupid and fat?

Hardly a shining example for you to aspire to

• Backroom

Not allowed to have a say and berated by immigrants and being made to feel unwelcome in his own country.

I'm white working class and if that hateful scumbag is meant to represent me than help me God.

He came across as a grinning idiot without a clue.

as Peter Hain said, the corporation should be castigated for giving him some kind of legitimacy.

No Peter Hain should be castigated for allowing his incessent whining to keep the story at the top of the news agenda instead of letting everyone who wasnt a dyed in the wool BNP fan like BRFCCasuals, have a damn good laugh at some fat imbecille and then wonder what all the fuss was about.

No Peter Hain should be castigated for allowing his incessent whining to keep the story at the top of the news agenda instead of letting everyone who wasnt a dyed in the wool BNP fan like BRFCCasuals, have a damn good laugh at some fat imbecille and then wonder what all the fuss was about.

Correct but in another light Hains snipe is a snipe at Jack Straw's involvement if you continue down that thought process.

I'm one of Question Time's 2 million regular viewers - often (as this week) on Sky+ due to working abroad - so I've only just watched Thursdays broadcast.

I think it was a total betrayal of what the programme is about. Previous panels have included Welsh Nationalists, Scottish Nationalists, lunatic historians, UKIP, the Green Party ... but it has always been a reasonably balanced, well chaired forum to discuss the political news of the moment.

This edition was pathetic. The BBC have used their own news outlets to whip up a media frenzy for weeks, and then when the big moment arrives the hatchet job on Griffin was so messy it was cringeworthy.

I wish nothing but failure on Griffin and his ill advised followers, but setting up a well respected forum like Question Time to focus solely on one panel member - and allowing David Dimbleby to devalue himself in the process - is a massive own goal IMO.

Ha Hilarious- we could open up a whole thread on things you have got wrong.

Why do you find it necessary to be consistently unpleasant in your posts without ever presenting an opinion on any given topic? Smacks of being a troll in my view

Why do you find it necessary to be consistently unpleasant in your posts without ever presenting an opinion on any given topic? Smacks of being a troll in my view

Paul I would try actually reading all the previous posts- before coming out with such an assumption. I think you will find it was PhilipL- who threw the first insult- as per usual. Oh I forgot- you are not allowed to challenge members of the happy- clappy brigade.

As for me not providing an opinion in any give topic- are you for real?

'One In Five Voters Now Considering BNP'

It seems the lack of impartiality shown to Griffin has actually strengthened his parties cause.

If you think he represented you and did you proud that's your choice in a democracy. However, he didn't represent me in any way, and his performance was shambolic. And there is a good reason for that which is not because he was bullied or ganged up on - it's because he's got more sides than a dice and cannot provide a coherent argument for his lowest-common-denominator policies of fear. Hitler blamed all the ills of Germany on the Jews. Griffin is blaming all the ills of this country on "immigrants". Presumably like the Gurkha's?

If you think he represented you and did you proud that's your choice in a democracy. However, he didn't represent me in any way, and his performance was shambolic. And there is a good reason for that which is not because he was bullied or ganged up on - it's because he's got more sides than a dice and cannot provide a coherent argument for his lowest-common-denominator policies of fear. Hitler blamed all the ills of Germany on the Jews. Griffin is blaming all the ills of this country on "immigrants". Presumably like the Gurkha's?

Just for the record, without getting involved in any of the issues around Mr Griffin's appearance on QT, he didn't represent me either, and although perhaps I'm more middle-class than working class nowadays, my origins are in the backstreets of South Bank, a small town built to serve the steel works on Teesside. My father taught me the rule that there are no good or bad races or religions, just good and bad people who belong to those groups, and we should take people as we find them and not as stereotypes would tell us. I don't always manage to stick to it,because we all have prejudices, even the best among us, but I do try not to let those prejudices affect my dealings with people, and I find it has stood me in good stead.

If they had discussed the current events of the week (like they are supposed to) such as the postal strike and the economy they would have done far more damage to Griffin than they did by this witchunt. The BNP has no concrete policies or a clear viewpoint on these issues, he would have struggled to answer these questions and made Griffin look like the poor politician he is.

They could have done him some serious damage if they played it right, instead they played into his hands.

Archived