BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky News Now

• Backroom

Theres a very interesting interview on Sky news now with Nick Griffin after the BNP have just won a seat in the European parliament. He's just said how Islam isn't welcome in this country, the interviewer is ripping into him.

This could get interesting.

Mods I'm sorry if this kind of discussion isn't welcome as I can see it could turn ugly.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Trouble brewing, some of the stuff he said was shocking, you can only join the BNP if you 'look the part' sounds to me like the view of a pure German back in the day.

Watching his speech, the other MPs condemed him getting in and walked away from the stage when he spoke, many people trying to get out of the room as well.

Edit 2: makes me feel sick seeing him do the same pose as Churchill

I feel dirty that such a person should ostensibly represent me

This is a very dark day indeed for the north of England and a time of deep disgrace for this country.

"This country" is not in any disgrace. Neither is the north of England. We can all vote, and (collectively + democratically) we have voted in a racist leader of a racist party.

The disgrace is with the people who have failed the voters. Brown, Straw, Darling ...

• Backroom
"This country" is not in any disgrace. Neither is the north of England. We can all vote, and (collectively + democratically) we have voted in a racist leader of a racist party.

The disgrace is with the people who have failed the voters. Brown, Straw, Darling ...

Can't we at least partially blame the voters in Burnley? Please?

Guest Kamy100

While it is a sad day for the northwest, people have to remember that he did get democratically voted in. The key thing for me is that the "mainstream" parties have to address looking at the turnout is voter apathy. So much has happened over the last 4 weeks with scandal upon scandal it is no surprise to me that people have decided not to vote and this has let in the likes of the BNP.

His comments about Islam not being welcome etc are par for the course as far as the BNP are concerned. The BNP will milk this for all that it is worth, I have noticed an increase in racial tensions over the last few months in the north, particularly in Burnley, Blackburn and Oldham and fear that these will spill over in the coming months.

Apart from Padiham where the BNP seems to be dug in, the BNP vote went backwards in Burnley.

The villain last night was Wigan last night which on its own delivered the tiny increase in the BNP vote that squeezed Griffin in ahead of the second UKIP and the Greens. It was all desperately close.

and horribly depressing.

Apart from Padiham where the BNP seems to be dug in, the BNP vote went backwards in Burnley.

The villain last night was Wigan last night which on its own delivered the tiny increase in the BNP vote that squeezed Griffin in ahead of the second UKIP and the Greens. It was all desperately close.

and horribly depressing.

I know your here at the mo phil and my heart goes out to you.

But do does the BNP really have any concern to you ,seeing as you have abandoned these shores?

and horribly depressing.

Do you not find it strange that you have not mentioned labour, tory or liberal in that sentence? That fact alone speaks volumes and if you feel the need to apportion blame then that is where to start. Can you not see that people voting BNP is simply a protest and not an indication that people are turning Nazi overnight?

Kamy has touched on it. Every single day every newspaper and TV news report carries news of trouble the world over caused by and in the name of Islam. Sure the other religions have occasional flashpoints too but the news reports of islamic unrest and atrocities are relentless. Like it or not Philip the public perception in many towns is that there is a cuckoo in the nest. Islam and the islamic population is growing at an alarming rate and the current mainstream parties of this country both at local and national level are doing nothing to stop it yet are taking every opportunity to actually further it as they unashamedly prostitute themselves for the immigrant vote. Solve that and you will solve the BNP issue.

While it is a sad day for the northwest, people have to remember that he did get democratically voted in. The key thing for me is that the "mainstream" parties have to address looking at the turnout is voter apathy. So much has happened over the last 4 weeks with scandal upon scandal it is no surprise to me that people have decided not to vote and this has let in the likes of the BNP.

His comments about Islam not being welcome etc are par for the course as far as the BNP are concerned. The BNP will milk this for all that it is worth, I have noticed an increase in racial tensions over the last few months in the north, particularly in Burnley, Blackburn and Oldham and fear that these will spill over in the coming months.

Do you not find it strange that you have not mentioned labour, tory or liberal in that sentence? That fact alone speaks volumes and if you feel the need to apportion blame then that is where to start. Can you not see that people voting BNP is simply a protest and not an indication that people are turning Nazi overnight?

Kamy has touched on it. Every single day every newspaper and TV news report carries news of trouble the world over caused by and in the name of Islam. Sure the other religions have occasional flashpoints too but the news reports of islamic unrest and atrocities are relentless. Like it or not Philip the public perception in many towns is that there is a cuckoo in the nest. Islam and the islamic population is growing at an alarming rate and the current mainstream parties of this country both at local and national level are doing nothing to stop it yet are taking every opportunity to actually further it as they unashamedly prostitute themselves for the immigrant vote. Solve that and you will solve the BNP issue.

Theno, can you highlight for me where Kamy touched on it?

He /she suggested it's a sad day, but accepted the democratic vote. Nowhere did he/she state that there was a problem caused by and in the name of Islam, and, as a Christian, I'd suggest that the majority of those of the Islamic faith would say the atrocities were NOT done in the name of Islam.

If you want to solve the BNP issue, get the apathetic off their arses and down the the polling stations.

Guest Kamy100

I think TNR it would be a great research piece to ask the people who voted BNP why they did it. was it a protest vote against the mainstream parties? was it because they feel BNP best represent their viewpoints? or did they vote for the BNP because they are worried about Islam/muslims in the uk?

I will say that it is not fun being a muslim in this country at the moment, TNR is right every single day world news is full of stories about stories about Islam (although I will still say that much of it enrages most muslims in this country as they do not prescribe to the viewpoints of fundementalists) and this does have an affect on attitudes of non muslims. I see it everyday, even in a simple train journey from Blackburn to Manchester, when the train is full (which it is on most mornings) I can bet that the seat next to me is the last one to be taken, people don't do it on purpose, it is on a sub-conscious level, heck even I have fallen for it, a couple of weeks a couple of Asian lads boarded the train at Blackburn carrying large rucksacks and even I wondered.

As I have said many times in the past both on here and publically within the community, particularly to young people it upto the Muslim population of Lancashire/UK to get their house in order, it is no longer possible to people to ignore the problems that the community faces, particularly young people, not only the fundamentalist elements but also drugs abuse is rife (parents ignore/ignorant to this), crime is on the rise (particularly violent crime involving young asians) and breakdown of social culture (young generation and older generation having complete different views).

Part of the answer is to get young people involved in local politics because at the moment the "councillors" do not have a clue about anything, some of them can barely speak English and is frankly embarrassing whenever they open their gob in public or come and talk to young people because it quite obvious that they do not have a clue about the real issues affecting the community, for most of them it is an ego trip and the kudos of being a "councillor".

The BNP has been elected and now it is upto the mainstream parties to address the issues affecting people and to get the re-engage with the political process because the consequences of them not re-engaging do not bear thinking about.

I think TNR it would be a great research piece to ask the people who voted BNP why they did it. was it a protest vote against the mainstream parties? was it because they feel BNP best represent their viewpoints? or did they vote for the BNP because they are worried about Islam/muslims in the uk?

I will say that it is not fun being a muslim in this country at the moment, TNR is right every single day world news is full of stories about stories about Islam (although I will still say that much of it enrages most muslims in this country as they do not prescribe to the viewpoints of fundementalists) and this does have an affect on attitudes of non muslims. I see it everyday, even in a simple train journey from Blackburn to Manchester, when the train is full (which it is on most mornings) I can bet that the seat next to me is the last one to be taken, people don't do it on purpose, it is on a sub-conscious level, heck even I have fallen for it, a couple of weeks a couple of Asian lads boarded the train at Blackburn carrying large rucksacks and even I wondered.

As I have said many times in the past both on here and publically within the community, particularly to young people it upto the Muslim population of Lancashire/UK to get their house in order, it is no longer possible to people to ignore the problems that the community faces, particularly young people, not only the fundamentalist elements but also drugs abuse is rife (parents ignore/ignorant to this), crime is on the rise (particularly violent crime involving young asians) and breakdown of social culture (young generation and older generation having complete different views).

Part of the answer is to get young people involved in local politics because at the moment the "councillors" do not have a clue about anything, some of them can barely speak English and is frankly embarrassing whenever they open their gob in public or come and talk to young people because it quite obvious that they do not have a clue about the real issues affecting the community, for most of them it is an ego trip and the kudos of being a "councillor".

The BNP has been elected and now it is upto the mainstream parties to address the issues affecting people and to get the re-engage with the political process because the consequences of them not re-engaging do not bear thinking about.

Thank you Kamy. I guess living here would help the 'off cumdens' to understand rather than continually criticise something that they are not familiar with and basically know nowt about.

I must say that you are the first I've heard to criticise the muslim councillors failings. There's plenty of scarcely hidden agenda's and faults with our lot too. Also paragraph 3 is very honest. In my impression most muslims prefer to keep their heads down before criticising or villifying members of their own community. Do you still work with youth groups?

It's typical of you to write off peoples opinions as "off cumdens" rather than address the points raised.

It's easier for you, I suppose, but it does leave you somewhat transparent.

Have you read my comments of Australian politics? No you haven't. Thats cos a. I don't know enough about them and b. cos it's none of my goddamn business Dave. Capiche? ;)

typical answer, since when has not knowing anything about a subject stopped you from making a comment ;)

Dave...... Maybe I should have elaborated. Basically it's the difference between not knowing about a subject and having not the slightest interest in one.

Ignorance is bliss.

Apparently we need to introduce a similar system of immigration to the Australians...

... we just did, its called the Points Based System and it kicked in very recently. Anecdotally it seems that far more thorough checks are being done both pre visa and also on arrival.

But most people have no idea on that, because it doesnt sell papers.

Archived