BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks more and more like we haven't got the master of the transfer market. Appalling that we are still without a new striker.

United Lost Ronaldo and havent replaced him - shocking! Sack Fergie!

United Lost Tevez and havent replaced him - OMG shocking again! Sack Fergie & all his backroom team & scouts!

Villa Lost Barry & Laursen & havent replaced them yet - Shocking! MON OUT NOW!!!!!

AC Milan lost Kaka and havent replaced him - Shocking! OOOOPS already gone!

:o Seriously get a grip!! Give Sam time.

How many other premier league clubs have signed 4 players so far????? How many identified areas that needed improvement and have already addressed some of them?

That isn't really the point. We knew Santa Cruz was leaving, or at least that the chance was very, very high. We should have had our targets lined up and sounded out. How can we still be looking over names and approaching clubs? We should have had a short-list ready to go and been able to move as soon as the cheque cleared.

I didn't expect us to have all of our summer signings done by now, but the fact that we are making little or no progress with our striker search is a sign of poor work on the part of our scouts and management over the past couple of months.

We have tried with Janko & Crouch in Jan, Davies in summer and enquired about several others...... Are they not targets?? Also have we not lined up 1 striker on loan?!?

Nicko you said that we are all getting too worked up over this and yet now more or less point out that we're back to square one with regards to our striker search. Of course there's going to be concern as we've been here all too often - with last year being an example.

There were moves being made that would have smashed your signing record. They are [a] too expensive or going elsewhere or [c] still possible.

Important few days.

I think somebody needs a right good reality check at the moment.

Ruud could never have happened on those wages.

Crouch is £14 million plus £75,000-a-week.

Somebody taking the mickey with this stuff?

Man United will be signing Michael Owen next...oh hang on ;)

how much money do we have left nicko?? it seems we are being priced out of every striker we want, surely we can not have £13 mill left..

what about looking at the south american continent, or the scandinavian market. think we could make a good deal.

just look at sweden in the u21 european championship. very good players in scandinavia..

in the end, i think we will settle with relatively unknown striker from either the french or the german league.

If Man City got wind of us lining up Roque replacements then we wouldn't have been in a very strong bargaining position, would we? It would have undermined our "he's not for sale stance" quite a lot, don't you think? It's all well and good having a list of replacements, but until you start talking to clubs and finding out what they want then it's utterly pointless.

It sounds like Man Utd have known since last summer than Ronaldo was going, but they haven't got round to replacing him yet. I can't imagine what you must make of this awful management by Ferguson. :rolleyes:

You mean and not just said that we were looking at strikers to replace Derbyshire, or Benni for that matter seeing as he is being linked with moves? I hardly think it would have had much of an impact on our negotiations.

I seem to recall seeing that United have signed a right winger already...

Personally i think we are going to end up with Janko. I wouldnt be too disappointed with him and di santo. I know Nicko says hes a gamble and I agree but its looking likely to be him or zigic and i would prefer to gamble with Janko.

On sky sports website - the transfer clockwatch part, says it is looking unlikely that Sam can lure Peter Crouch, and financially can not get Ruud. Vieri is on trial though.

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer...0,14896,00.html

You don't want to take too much notice of sky sports transfer clockwatch, they seem to just read the papers and report their findings. If Fulham and Bolton are interested in somebody they'll add us and Sunderland to the list, your better just logging on here and keeping your eye on it...

Kind of confirms what you say...........

"12.22 Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce has ruled out a move for Ruud van Nistelrooy on financial grounds, while he does not expect to be able to lure Peter Crouch to Ewood Park. However, the Rovers boss did confirm taking former Italy international Christian Vieri on trial"

how much money do we have left nicko?? it seems we are being priced out of every striker we want, surely we can not have £13 mill left..

what about looking at the south american continent, or the scandinavian market. think we could make a good deal.

just look at sweden in the u21 european championship. very good players in scandinavia..

in the end, i think we will settle with relatively unknown striker from either the french or the german league.

It's not just the fee, it's the wages. You seem to be aiming in the £7 to £8 million market and finding it hard. You could go over the top to the £10 to £12 million range buit they also come with £3-4 million-a-year contracts.

This is not an easy vacancy to fill.

Makes me laugh at people who thought Kevin Davies would have been too much at £5 million...although I agree that £10 million or so is too much for him.

delete

I said I got contrasting stories yesterday before my moby ran out...I did say on Friday here and in Saturday's paper that he was invited...a helpful PMer and your local paper said he had arrived over the weekend...then I heard from someone actually in Austria that he hadn't showed - yet.

Archived