BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The manager's comments on Sky were quite revealing.

Ruud isn't fit. Shock.

Crouch is only a 'distant' job.

And he spoke of Vieri like a long-lost son...which only adds to that plot...like who was telling the local paper it was a non-starter.

We live in strange times.

A professional athlete should.

Indeed. And this isn't a case of it being a minor ingredient, ephedrine is a big part of what makes the drug work. I'd expect it to be fairly common knowledge, even among those not involved in professional athletics or any medical profession, that cough syrups include all kinds of things like derivates of amphetamine and morphine.

Nicko any news on Shikabala joining training ?

I've not heard of any trialists actually turning up to Austria [Vieri is he/isn't he excepted].

A lot of trialists came after the 'fitness test' week last summer...Castillo and even Villanueva were later arrivals.

Rovers have made no move for Barton at this stage. He doesn't fancy Birmingham City much.

Anyway, are you sure Shearer is going to be the next manager?

Is there a betting market on that one?

Not a whole lot of information coming out of Newcastle since Ashley decided to sell. Basically every player is up for sale, other than Beye, Bassong and Taylor who Shearer wants to keep, although they will be sold if the offer is good enough.

What I'm hearing is that the two parties leading the race to takeover have basically already given him the job. He met them both this week to discuss his plans.

As i say its pretty quiet at the club, but i have heard a few rumours of Big Sam coming in for some of our players including Beye - who has a good relationship with Big Sam. Other names mentioned in connection with Blackburn have been Barton, Smith and Nolan.

Some people need to slow down and look on the bright side

Goalkeepers: Robinson/Bunn

Defenders: Warnock/Ollson/Jacobson/Emerton/Nelsen/Samba/Givet/Zurab

Midfielders: Pedersen/Grella/Dunn/Reid/Diouf/Andrews/Treacy/Judge/Doran/N'zonzi/Elrio/Haworth/Holliet

Strikers: McCarthy/Roberts/Gallagher/Rigters/Blackman

We look strong defensively, if everyone who plays midfield is fit and that's a big "if", then it will be very competitive. We look a little light up top but Di Santo is probably on his way and if we are playing this 4-5-1 stuff, we can only pick one forward in the side anyway. Also Givet, Warnock, Emerton and Reid are versatile and can play in a few positions.

We've got money to spend, the best budget to work with for many years. Emotions are running a little high because we haven't splashed the big bucks yet, perhaps people should be a little more patient and stop bitching about everything and everyone's opinions because it's like the ladies of loose women on here sometimes!

Loose-Women-5dc44b92-e67b-445c-83a2-a332c33c34a0.jpg

It's only the 7th of July, there's plenty of time left in the transfer window to bring in the right players instead of panic buying! The stakes are high because the transfer window will more than likely shape our season, no need to rush things and just stay cool. B) There is some good work going on that we have no idea about and everyone likes a nice surprise.

What the hell is happening to our Club?

We sell a player who's had his bags packed since Jan for 18m and then are apparently taken aback by the cost of potential replacements. How can that possibly be the case? How unprofessional is that?

Can't afford RVN, can't affford Crouch, are sniffing round a 35 year old on trial and might be waiting until August 31st for a cut price deal.

Sounds like we're gearing up for our usual announcement that prices are too crazy this window and that we're "keeping our powder dry" until January. Following which we'll end up with a loan signing or knackered old has been on a free and the RSC/Derbs money will vanish without a trace as did much of the Bentley money and as has the additional TV revenue.

Meanwhile our only real crown jewel left, Samba has issued an extremely thinly veiled "Come and get me plea" in the press. And Sam hasn't ruled out even more players being sold.

The owners are turning our Jack's great Club into a sad joke. It's looking more and more likely they're trying to recoup their initial 45m input through player sales and TV Revenue as they seemingly can't get it at present by selling the Club.

Benfica quit on signing Falcão.

It was not money problems since he only costs around £4million.

There was a big problem with the owners of his pass and the money that his club has to pay him...

He could actually leave in a free if he wanted.

I think he could be a good option for Rovers.

Okla.. i know you mean well .... but if the Falcao transfer is too big a headache for Benfica,

why should Rovers knowingly jump into that mire????

First off: the player is not worth it!

Apart from the Samba thing I agree with everything you've said there. The club and management look a shambles. This "football is an instantaneous thing nowadays" line is nonsense. We should have had our list, known our targets and been able to move straight away.

Come on...we go through this every summer now! Not used to it yet? :D

We'll no doubt pull someone out the bag which will raise at least a few smiles

Yes I`m waiting as well for the powders dry comment to come out and that prices are to crazy and we will wait to January.

I really hope Sam does find us a rabbit to pull out of a hat as I really fear for us and have done for a while.

Yes I`m waiting as well for the powders dry comment to come out and that prices are to crazy and we will wait to January.

This sort of thing is just completely unfounded though and goes against everything Sam has said so far.

He has said he doesn't mind spending the whole budget on one player if he is the right man, and today he said Van Nistelrooy isn't an option because he won't be back until September and he needs someone who can go straight away.

Keeping the money back until January doesn't sound like an option right now. Just be patient, it's the start of July!

Was.

Six months ago.

He is even dearer now than it might have been then.

Nicko, personally I agree it's highly debatable as to whether Crouch is actually worth 14m and 70k p.w. etc. but ................

IF the manager rated him that highly and given the fact Sam's sold 2 strikers for 18m whose wages probably exceeded 70k p.w. by some margin, why should a move for Crouch be so hypothetically out of the question?

Just be patient, it's the start of July!

So many people seem to be forgetting that. If nothing has happened by August 7 I'll start worrying. But so far all the doomsday prophets have nothing but speculation to go on.

Some (Not all) of them would be disappointed no matter what we did though, short of maybe signing Torres and Iniesta. But even then they'd comment on how well Javi de Pedro turned out.

Nicko, personally I agree it's highly debatable as to whether Crouch is actually worth 14m and 70k p.w. etc. but ................

IF the manager rated him that highly and given the fact Sam's sold 2 strikers for 18m whose wages probably exceeded 70k p.w. by some margin, why should a move for Crouch be so hypothetically out of the question?

Rovers would not pay that fee or those wages. It is a £29 million deal if he stays for four seasons.

And as Crouch didn't want to know in your hour of need - a bit like the Poggy joker in Russia - I would not give him the second chance.

Plus of course 're-sale value' - but that is another story.

We managed that last summer when we signed Fowler. Everyone except me was smiling in our office!

Well yeah, I was thinking of that to be fair..ha

But seriously, we've got a guy in charge at the moment who at least seems to know what he's doing- and he seems to be reeling out the exact same quotes as Sparky ,when he was here. Chillax! Not many other clubs have started adding to their squads so far.

Did you expect any different this summer? I'm amazing we're even going to be spending the supposed £14m this summer! Prices will come down by the time August is around im sure.

What the hell is happening to our Club?

We sell a player who's had his bags packed since Jan for 18m and then are apparently taken aback by the cost of potential replacements. How can that possibly be the case? How unprofessional is that?

Can't afford RVN, can't affford Crouch, are sniffing round a 35 year old on trial and might be waiting until August 31st for a cut price deal.

Sounds like we're gearing up for our usual announcement that prices are too crazy this window and that we're "keeping our powder dry" until January. Following which we'll end up with a loan signing or knackered old has been on a free and the RSC/Derbs money will vanish without a trace as did much of the Bentley money and as has the additional TV revenue.

Meanwhile our only real crown jewel left, Samba has issued an extremely thinly veiled "Come and get me plea" in the press. And Sam hasn't ruled out even more players being sold.

The owners are turning our Jack's great Club into a sad joke. It's looking more and more likely they're trying to recoup their initial 45m input through player sales and TV Revenue as they seemingly can't get it at present by selling the Club.

I agree fully with that.

Its about time somebody started to ask some rather difficult questions because this just can’t go on. I’m fully being John Williams, he’s been great for the club and long may that continue, but lack of investment year upon year will relegate us if we’re not careful and that just can’t be allowed to happen.

I understand the big wage bill, I understand we’re still punching above our weight, but we need give ourselves a chance and invest some money please, instead of sticking it under the bed.

And as Crouch didn't want to know in your hour of need - a bit like the Poggy joker in Russia - I would not give him the second chance.

The cost to bring in Pogrebnyak would make it worthwhile swallowing a little pride, signing Crouch wouldn't :)

Well yeah, I was thinking of that to be fair..ha

But seriously, we've got a guy in charge at the moment who at least seems to know what he's doing- and he seems to be reeling out the exact same quotes as Sparky ,when he was here. Chillax! Not many other clubs have started adding to their squads so far.

Did you expect any different this summer? I'm amazing we're even going to be spending the supposed £14m this summer! Prices will come down by the time August is around im sure.

do you think the board are going to let sam have the whole £13m though, i don't think so. I think he will get to spend nearer to £7-£8 million then £13m. plus the club won't pay a player wages over £70k.

so sam has not really got a lot of options really if he wants to sign a top class forward that we really do need.

Okla.. i know you mean well .... but if the Falcao transfer is too big a headache for Benfica,

why should Rovers knowingly jump into that mire????

First off: the player is not worth it!

Maybe Rovers can persuade him to leave for nothing.

I admit I haven't seen much of him but I would rather spend £4 million on a 23 year old striker than £10 million on a 32 year old striker.

I agree fully with that.

Its about time somebody started to ask some rather difficult questions because this just can’t go on. I’m fully being John Williams, he’s been great for the club and long may that continue, but lack of investment year upon year will relegate us if we’re not careful and that just can’t be allowed to happen.

I understand the big wage bill, I understand we’re still punching above our weight, but we need give ourselves a chance and invest some money please, instead of sticking it under the bed.

Agreed

Some of you need to think back 12 months we was waiting for the big signing people saying relax its only July and look what happened then we ended up with fowler and Andrews.

We are still waiting for the Bentley replacement.

....diouf........emerton.........grella...........n'zonzi............pedersen/hoillet

.......................................roberts...................................................

be nice if we could very quickly replace roberts with janko, and grella with????????someone better/more reliable than what we got. With a quality defence behind it the above would certainly be better than 7 or 8 premier league teams, just need 2 more so that we can name a better starting 11 than 11 or 12 teams.

looking at that photo of n'zonzi on the 1st page he's got the stature of that fella at everton just without the hair, love it if he turns out good enough to be a regular from the 1st game on, and hoillet. Be nice not to see keith treacy ever coming on again.

Archived