BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

City maYBE signing some more forwards - allowing Bellamy, Benjani to move?

Spurs signing someone so that the Bent price drops?

Lyon signing the player mentioned above, allowing Gignac to be more available to us?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes, it`s as i said earlier on today then. it`s a case of waiting to see who becomes available after clubs make signings themselves. i missed that bit first time round, sam does mumble a bit though.. :lol:

Maybe he realised he was letting something 'big' slip...it struck me that way.

at the start of the interview he seems to suggest that our aim is for a younger striker, then later swiitches to declaring an interest in the anything-but-young peter crouch. to me it overall it suggests he`ll sign older players of quality on free`s on short term deals provided they fit our wage structure, but the main striker we spend money on will be at the younger end of the scale.

what your referring to nicko has sailed over my head i think.

Listening to the interview, Not many Prem clubs will be bringing in strikers and releasing anything in the young bracket, that I think fits Sam's striker profile except that is City. Rumors suggest Caicedo has not been told if he is in there plans, he has also told sky that Sporting have been in contact.

Believe they paid 5m for him ,20 year old, Premier experience, seems to fit the bill.

Can't really think of any one else with similar credentials, not the best goal scorer though.

Or maybe if Chelsea sign a couple, we may get Di Santos full time, doubt it though.

A professional athlete should.

Does the club doctor get involved in prescriptions?? I would have thought players would have had to go to him to get it all, to avoid this very situation as he would know exactly whats good and whats not?

Now we have to think of him as - Oguchi Onyewu - just signed for AC Milan!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funniest thing of all is its true.

I have to say its nice to hear more coming out of Ewood, Sam's obviously keen on using the media and we get to know more about whats going on. Happy Days.

At the bottom of the teamtalk article about Vieri Sam is quoted as saying "We will keep our eye open in this country which would be the best bet from our point of view."

Not sure where Sam is when he has quoted this though. At first i thought he meant Austria but now i think he means England.

Link

Then again who goes round checking the ingredients of cough medicine before they buy it

speaking from my experience ,we used to get a list of ALL BANNED SUBSTANCES and a list of over the counter stuff that contained ANY illegal stuff.When i went to the docs i had to produce this list and it was down to ME (with docs help) not to take anything i shouldnt and yes ive been tested

Listening to the interview, Not many Prem clubs will be bringing in strikers and releasing anything in the young bracket, that I think fits Sam's striker profile except that is City. Rumors suggest Caicedo has not been told if he is in there plans, he has also told sky that Sporting have been in contact.

Believe they paid 5m for him ,20 year old, Premier experience, seems to fit the bill.

Can't really think of any one else with similar credentials, not the best goal scorer though.

Or maybe if Chelsea sign a couple, we may get Di Santos full time, doubt it though.

the only thing about that is caicedo must be on a fortune at city and won`t be wanting to drop wages as far as we`d like, i wouldn`t totally rule it out though.

The way I would read Sam's comments and I have only read them I haven't heard them yet.

Is that he rules out signing old expensive foreign players.

but not Old expensive English ones 'who may be our best option'

Bring on Kevin Davis :-(

yeah, that`s right it`s kevin davies. honest ;)

I thought Davies when I watched that. If we have enquired about others, who we have found to be overpriced then we may go back and look at him. £7.5m again? ;)

Anyway, are you sure Shearer is going to be the next manager?

Do you not think he will be? Apparently the team are currently working to his training program in Ireland, although he hasn't officialy got the job yet. Heard he has made enquiries about Beckford aswell.

I thought Davies when I watched that. If we have enquired about others, who we have found to be overpriced then we may go back and look at him. £7.5m again? ;)

Do you not think he will be? Apparently the team are currently working to his training program in Ireland, although he hasn't officialy got the job yet. Heard he has made enquiries about Beckford aswell.

it won`t be kevin davies i don`t reckon.

Archived