BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

jones is proven in the PL , he's scored goals in the PL and is still young enough to improve , IF sam wants to pay blow his tranfer budget for a striker , taking a punt on jonny foreigner coz he sound exotic may not be the smartest move , we cant afford to make any mistakes

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe its our fault with all the names mentioned here but I would not be happy with paying 11+ mill on Jones. Hopefully what Sam meant by waiting to see what other clubs do, he is referring to the Alonso Negrado situation. let's wait and see...

jones is proven in the PL , he's scored goals in the PL and is still young enough to improve , IF sam wants to pay blow his tranfer budget for a striker , taking a punt on jonny foreigner coz he sound exotic may not be the smartest move , we cant afford to make any mistakes

i agree kenwyne jones is a good move, but i think it`s as unrealistic as signing the likes of kuranyi, cordozo et al for the same reasons, too high a fee and way too big in wages.

It's not down to me. I have to stress that. :lol:

Jones ticks a lot of boxes as far as the manager is concerned. I'm not writing it yet, but I think you will find his name is very close to the top of the pile as we speak.

i'd say that a lot of the foreign lads are within our capabilities of signing..........but i think sams being a little deluded if he thinks we could get jones, was'nt rafa sniffing around about a year ago and harry loves him. If there was even a remote whiff of a possibility that sunderland would deal the price would be 20m and the wages massive. Has'nt niall quinn already stated they've turned down 20m for him in the past.

kenwyne jones is a foreigner #, he`s a trinidad and tobago international.

kenwyne jones is a foreigner you numpty, he`s a trinidad and tobago international.

not what he meant. jones is proven in the pl, while many of the others (cadozo, janko, etc) haven't played a game in the PL.

unproven PL names will always be a risk.

Would all depend on who Sunderland get in, what with Bruce now in charge. If they get in a totally new strikeforce, which has been mentioned in this thread, then Jones could possibly be surplus to requirements, so he could be available - not sure on what the fee would be though, but I'd bet the Mackems would want to get some resale value back and at least recoup want they'd paid for him with a bit extra. I reckon he'd maybe be a better option than Davies.

I think you will find Kenwyne Jones was the striker Sam nearly let slip today...he is definitely a new and live name on the list...if Bent and Crouch go to Sunderland.

Nice, would be quite happy with Jones and Di Santo - would also like a knock down Cisse as well, but everything seems to have gone quiet on him, did he go to Greece.

Jones would be a good signing in my opinion

Bent & Crouch to Sunderland would make a great pairing, as long neither gets injured.

If they where to sell Jones they would be left with a very in experienced back up.

Sunderland Strikers.

.................Age.........EPL/AP08/09

Dowson......20............0

Healy..........29...........(8)

Jones..........24............25 (2)

Murphy.......26............6 (11)

O'Donavon .23............0

Stokes........20............0

Waghorn.....19............1.

Bruce has been in the game long enough to know he needs more that two first class strikers.

I would be very surprised if Jones is allowed to leave, unless he then goes out and buys from abroad for the equivalent quality. Begs the question. Bruce must think he can get better for the money.

none taken .......but surely to spend £10m on somone who has never played in this league is a greater gamble than spendin the same amount on a player who has , no matter how highly football manager rates them ;)

Did Spurs not bid £15 mill for him in last window and were turned down. Do you really see him being sold for less than that now?

The Spurs bid was never that much...as usual with them it's all smoke and mirrors.

Sunderland have a new manager who wants two top front-line strikers, so maybe he isn't too enthusiast about Jones.

And, I should point out, Sam and Brucie are very close pals and would share such secrets.

Esepcially when you recall they spent the weekend together in Portugal.

Didn't Benni score about the same amount of goals as Jones last season? And we know how unfit he was at times. I think Jones is similar to Jason Roberts, they both cause centre halfs problems but aren't natural finishers when given the time to think.

Nicko - Have you heard much about De Guzman being released from Deportivo, apparently Spurs were chasing him a while ago... Could he do a job for us?

I think the aim for a number one striker is higher than free agents at the moment...apart from Vieri's try-out.

But that could soon change.

Murphy has played over 100 games for Sunderland, I'd hardly call Healy inexperienced either!

Missed out those are last seasons stats, wasn't Healy rumored to be on his way in January if he didn't get more games.

The point is they are hardly back up for Crouch and Bent.

I can understand much of th logic here, if Sam is waiting as he indicated, then he has a good reason to do so and would, I should have thought, be aware that a deal was possible!!

Maybe he asked about Ricky as well !!

Time will tell.

Archived