BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Spurs bid was never that much...as usual with them it's all smoke and mirrors.

Sunderland have a new manager who wants two top front-line strikers, so maybe he isn't too enthusiast about Jones.

And, I should point out, Sam and Brucie are very close pals and would share such secrets.

Esepcially when you recall they spent the weekend together in Portugal.

So is a lot of this stuff being held up by Spurs playing games as usual. I'm guessing, but are spurs still trying to do part ex including jones?

Be interesting to see if a bid is made for Jones should Crouch & Bent go to Sunderland. Jones seems to split peoples opinions on just how good or bad he really is. Do you know if Blackburn have made an approach for Jones, or is it a case of seeing what happens?

So is a lot of this stuff being held up by Spurs playing games as usual. I'm guessing, but are spurs still trying to do part ex including jones?

Be interesting to see if a bid is made for Jones should Crouch & Bent go to Sunderland. Jones seems to split peoples opinions on just how good or bad he really is. Do you know if Blackburn have made an approach for Jones, or is it a case of seeing what happens?

If you heard Tim Sherwood absolutely gut Jones on Setanta towards the end of the season I think you will realise Spurs don't fancy him any more. He slaughtered him - and would have had Harry's approval.

I know Jones is a name in the frame.

Sounds to me like Rovers are now stepping up the striker search.

Jones aint too bad an option especially if di Santo comes on loan. We will most certainly need a supply line from the wings for him to score 20 goals or more.

As a side issue, what is Pizzaro up to at Chelsea these days ? Is he an option up front if available ?

Saw a bit on SSN about Rothen and a possible suspension for him from the club, is this the prelude to a move ?

The Geordies are convinced Barton is coming to Ewood, maybe there is some mileage in that one as well.

• Backroom

I wouldn't mind Jones here at all, for a reasonable price of course. I think he's got a lot of talent, and that with the right service he could flourish.

Key word there is service. We need a creative midfielder to provide that service first and foremost.

If you heard Tim Sherwood absolutely gut Jones on Setanta towards the end of the season I think you will realise Spurs don't fancy him any more. He slaughtered him - and would have had Harry's approval.

I know Jones is a name in the frame.

Be interesting to see who they are in for then as it seems at least 2 of Bent, Pavli (what ever his name is) and Keane have all been touted about.

Crouch? RVN? Who?

[quote name='1864roverite' date='Jul 7 2009, 21:17 ' post='786585

Saw a bit on SSN about Rothen and a possible suspension for him from the club, is this the prelude to a move ?

I told you about the suspension for Rothen a few days ago. He'd had a go at one of the high ups (think it was the preisent/chairman/whatever they are called at French clubs) in the club for permanently having a go at him to anyone who would listen. He wasn't happy at being disrespected - the boss wasn't happy that Rothen complained about it. Suspension pending a decision about punishment.

Be interesting to see who they are in for then as it seems at least 2 of Bent, Pavli (what ever his name is) and Keane have all been touted about.

Crouch? RVN? Who?

To be honest now, I think Redknap has lost it, doesnt know what he wants, he has been a very fortunate manager, his luck is running out I think!!

I would have thought that if Bruce wants Bent that bad he would give Spurs first option on Jones, if they still want him. Jones' price was probably very over inflated in January because of the time of year and the fact that the Mackems were sitting dangerously close to the bottom of the table. I think Jones has the capability to be a very good striker, don't think he got the service at Sunderland to be fair, I would have thought Bruce would look to keep him and pair him with Bent. I think the two of them would be very dangerous together.

Can't see MON getting rid of Big John, I know there was the lapdancing thing back in October, but he was a starting regular for the last part of our season, and still ended up as our top scorer with 15 goals even though he missed over 3 months with injury.

Presumably the most we can spend on Jones is c.12m. Realistically we would much rather chuck 8m at him. Will Sunderland sell at that price?

Plus Jones does have a major injury record and possibly temprement issues. ALthough I am not sure there is a player in the universe more suited to be Sam's 'arrowhead'... I really rate him. He always causes chaos amongst any defence.

Can't see it happening though unless Bruce really hates him.

Presumably the most we can spend on Jones is c.12m. Realistically we would much rather chuck 8m at him. Will Sunderland sell at that price?

Plus Jones does have a major injury record and possibly temprement issues. ALthough I am not sure there is a player in the universe more suited to be Sam's 'arrowhead'... I really rate him. He always causes chaos amongst any defence.

Can't see it happening though unless Bruce really hates him.

Guess the answer to that maybe it depends on how much they have to pay for Bent or who ever they are after

Would seem spuds are holding out for what they want

jones is a worse finisher then bloody roberts, plus he is a lazy so and so. Sunderland fans hate him

Majority of Sunderland fans like him and think he could go on to be a good player given time. Remember, he was recovering from a major injury for most of last season. Some days he's unplayable, others he doesn't look interested. Not sure he's the answer though.

Considering the alternatives, I'd really like Jones - he's one of the best aerial threats around and he will both score and create goals as a result.

However, if we're being priced out of making moves for strikers left, right and centre, then I'd expect him to be added to that list within a few days. No matter how good mates Sam and Bruce are, Sunderland aren't going to let him go cheap and I'm sure Spurs were rumoured to have bid c. £15m only in January.

At the very least, I reckon he'd cost £10m. Is he really good enough to justify breaking the club's transfer record?

Considering the alternatives, I'd really like Jones - he's one of the best aerial threats around and he will both score and create goals as a result.

However, if we're being priced out of making moves for strikers left, right and centre, then I'd expect him to be added to that list within a few days. No matter how good mates Sam and Bruce are, Sunderland aren't going to let him go cheap and I'm sure Spurs were rumoured to have bid c. £15m only in January.

At the very least, I reckon he'd cost £10m. Is he really good enough to justify breaking the club's transfer record?

Was Beckham worth the money, was Ronaldo??

If they do the business they are worth it, however obscene the money seems!

That unfortunately is football at the moment!!

Archived