BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Definitely what he said and what he meant. Makes you wonder who he is after in THIS country... Who is bringing someone in and needs to get rid of someone?

Well to me there are some decent names springing to mind not just here.. Gignac, Negro, caicedo, Bellamy, Cardoza, Di Santo are all in positions where their clubs are buying strikers.. and some not so decent names of course..

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed, I honestly don't know who he means. I know people say 'honestly' when they're lying, but I really don't.

Same here?El Hadji? Im still guessing!

Im thinking DB :P (Darren Bent) Tottenham are looking for a forward and have apparently lowered their asking price for Bent!

Correct - he's referring to Heskey and Carew. And is miles away on both no doubt.

Damn, thought we may have been making a move for Ernest Hemingway there. Imagine my disappointment in finding out the bell tolls for Emile the Donkey! Not great re-sale value on old Ernest though to be fair.

Quote of the day: "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut" - Ernest Hemingway

JC would be a massive coup for Rovers but I think it would be a massive blow to MON's popularity if he allowed him to leave Villa, as we love the big man. Can't see Heskey leaving Villa either, seeing as he only joined in January. I'm sure those rumours re Crouch are from Crouch's agent to bump up the price. Only striker i can see us letting go is Marlon, i can't see you boys being happy with him !!!

If i was a Rovers fan, i'd be hoping for Darren Bent, as he'd work very well in your team IMO. How fit is Dean Ashton? If he got his fitness back he'd be a great player.

Nicko - someone has mentioned Fabian Delph is considering either Villa or Everton, have you heard the same ?

Cheers,

Nick

What about that guy at Sunderland? The tall one, can't remember his name.

It was said today that Steve Bruce is going to splash £25m on a new forward line.

How much do you reckon that guy is valued at?

Tonight's star prize I think.

What about that guy at Sunderland? The tall one, can't remember his name.

It was said today that Steve Bruce is going to splash £25m on a new forward line.

How much do you reckon that guy is valued at?

Tonight's star prize I think.

What do you mean?

I have had a long hard day at work and couldn't remember his name.

Kenwyn would be a good signing for Rovers IMO. He didn't have the best of seasons last year, but would you, playing alongside Cisse !!! Also, he came into the season late after getting injured in the summer.

Nick

Not for the fee they were talking about, £18m+ was reported recently

And didn't they quote someone £20m in January?

spurs supposedly tried a 15 million attempt for jones in january. which is ridiculous and probably not true. but all kinds of numbers have been thrown around for him. spurs again for 10 mil, back in may. bent + 6mil back in january.......

There's no way you'll be getting Kenwyne. We'd be looking at £20-25m for him. Spurs have been interested in him for months, I wouldn't be surprised if he went there - maybe in some swap deal involving Darren Bent.

yah, no way jones will happen. on another note, i really hope the rothen thing doesn't dry up. Which is another reason i think it's important to get a striker signed quick. Rothen would be a really good option for the midfield next year, and as important as the striker will be, we don't want to miss out on that one.

Archived