BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

spurs supposedly tried a 15 million attempt for jones in january. which is ridiculous and probably not true. but all kinds of numbers have been thrown around for him. spurs again for 10 mil, back in may. bent + 6mil back in january.......

Could never get my head round that one, Bent + £6m for Jones

Bent although not much of an all round player knows where the back on the net is and scores alot compared to the number of starts he gets.

Is Jones that much better as an all round player?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could never get my head round that one, Bent + £6m for Jones

Bent although not much of an all round player knows where the back on the net is and scores alot compared to the number of starts he gets.

Is Jones that much better as an all round player?

I rate them both, but they both have their own qualities. Bent is quick and is a good finisher. Jones is stronger and can hold the ball better.

Depends on the kind of football the manager wants to play as to which striker is better.

However, neither will be coming to Ewood, so not sure what the point is...

What do you mean?

I have had a long hard day at work and couldn't remember his name.

I think Nicko was telling you that your suggestion was a very good one, regardless of whether you could remember his name.

Not sure about Kenwyne Jones myself - also didn't Niall Quinn say that thanks to Ellis Short they were able to turn down a £20m bid for him from Spurs in Jan?

What do you mean?

I have had a long hard day at work and couldn't remember his name.

I think you will find Kenwyne Jones was the striker Sam nearly let slip today...he is definitely a new and live name on the list...if Bent and Crouch go to Sunderland.

I think you will find Kenwyne Jones was the striker Sam nearly let slip today...he is definitely a new and live name on the list...if Bent and Crouch go to Sunderland.

Maybe its just me but i think Santa Cruz is a far better player than Jones. 17 goals in 62 games is pretty shocking. Saying that it wouldn't be the first time we've sold a player and brought in an inferior replacement.

I would suggest that there is more than 13m in the kitty then, with all the add ons and fee.

Not inspired by Jones. He's like a not quite so clumsy samba

Nicko, is Frederic Nimani a name that has been looked at / inquired about, during the recent net-widening of transfer targets on the continent? Think his name was referred to by another poster previously also.

Nicko, is Frederic Nimani a name that has been looked at / inquired about, during the recent net-widening of transfer targets on the continent? Think his name was referred to by another poster previously also.

Monaco want to loan him out, Birmingham City are interested...but he is very young and raw. Not what is needed at the moment - with Di Santo already lined up for that 'up and coming' vacancy.

Monaco want to loanhim out, Birmingham City are interested...but he is very young and raw. Not what is needed at the moment - with Di Santo already lined up for that 'up and coming' vacancy.

But you'd hardly call Jones the finished article either would you?

But you'd hardly call Jones the finished article either would you?

It's not down to me. I have to stress that. :lol:

Jones ticks a lot of boxes as far as the manager is concerned. I'm not writing it yet, but I think you will find his name is very close to the top of the pile as we speak.

it won`t be kenwyne jones, too high a fee and wages and he`s wanted by percieved `bigger fish` than us. it`s strongly suggested o`neill wants to replace carew after his `night out` incident last season. my money is on john carew being rovers new main striker alongside mccarthy for next season, and that would be a pretty good pairing.

just to note though, if it did turn out to be kenwyn jones it`d be a good move. he`s someone sam could bring on leaps and bounds and we could sell on for a big price. i see it more likely though that villa want jones, and that would free up our move for carew.

Ah, then.

I thought you made fun of my guess nicko ;)

As you said, I think Kenwyne Jones ticks a lot of boxes - especially after todays interview by Sam.

Another one I was thinking about is Victor Anichebe.

Everton has just signed JO on loan again and his wiki page says he is likely to leave Everton this summer for a fee in the region of £4m. Worth a shot IMO

Jones ticks a lot of boxes as far as the manager is concerned. I'm not writing it yet, but I think you will find his name is very close to the top of the pile as we speak.

Surely for the money he would cost we could get someone better, like Cardozo?

I would hope, that if we have the kind of money that Sunderland would want for Jones, that we could find someone infinately more like a footballer.

Sam was being very straightforward.

Young players preferred over old

Players with EPL experience preferred over those without

Current market is bonkers so probably have to wait a bit to see what falls out of a tree or two.

Vieri is odds against being a Rovers player but is making all the right noises.

Kenwyne Jones hey? I really like him as a player. Big strong front man with pace too.

I think his goal scoring will improve with age, he did score 10 PL goals last year, wonder if anyone can find out how many assists he had?

24 years old- so resale will be there. I simply cant see Sudnerland accepting less than £15 million for him and we wont pay more than £10 million.

Along with the coach at sunderland - ricky Sp (whatever is name is)

Kenwyne Jones hey? I really like him as a player. Big strong front man with pace too.

I think his goal scoring will improve with age, he did score 10 PL goals last year, wonder if anyone can find out how many assists he had?

Hardly impressive: Kenwyne Jones 2

I rather we go for Negredo or Cardozo at the price being mentioned.

24 years old- so resale will be there. I simply cant see Sudnerland accepting less than £15 million for him and we wont pay more than £10 million.

that`s why it won`t happen. i think sunderland are more likely to keep him as well as bring in their striker targets if they really mean business.

Archived