BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

Guest benmaxwell

Couldn't find his own topic, and seeing as he is technically contracted with us, thought it would be worth creating his own topic as it looks likely the situation is going to kick off in the very near future.

Earlier this morning St Pauli declared their intention to sign Hoilett for a further season on loan, or preferably sign him on a perminant deal off the back of what can only be considered a campaign by the fans of the club. This was confirmed by Setanta: http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Footbal...ett/gnid-57601/

Later the same day, Hoilett spoke to SkySports saying he did NOT intend to play for St Pauli and would NOT be returning for a further season. He wants to play at a higher level then he has done at St Pauli, or ideally play for Rovers next season in England: http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,1952...5389407,00.html

Lets hope that JW does the business in getting his work permit sorted, and we will see a very special talent emerging in the league next season!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

As already said if we could get the work permit then this alone would be more exciting than any signing we will probably make, the lad looks a real real talent with nurture.

I think we will find out this summer how much the FA favour the "big boys". Everything I read - is that this young lad is a star in the making - and so (with a level playing field) we should be able to get him a visa.

Anybody actually seen the lad play - could he be warming the bench, playing the odd cup tie if we get him in ?

• Backroom
Does anyone have any clips of him playing would love to see what all the fuss is about.

Had a scan of you tube and could not find anything

He features quite prominently in this video

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5316639/FC_Aug..._Pauli_19_10_08

I must admit i havn't seen much of him but what I have seen looks good

According to the BNP we let anybody in this country, why can't we get David in.

I'm half tempted to send Griffin an email to ask his advice on the subject. He works for us now so we should get him to do something useful rather than staring off into the distance all the time.

Cheers for that. He looks miles better than any youngster we've tried last season allbeit at a lower lever.

I saw him play for St Bede's school when he was about 13/14, he was amazing then as you might expect.

It'd be a shame to lose him without seeing if he can do it in the premiership especially considering some of the dross that do get in.

Their keeper might be worth a look.

Apparently, the two best young players Rovers "have" can't play in England due to work permit restrictions - Hoilett and Eboigbe (sp) (Aka Macky). [Although, I don't know if Macky is still attached to the club].

I have moreorless given up having hope for youngsters at Rovers. We were told how Rovers beat top German and English clubs to sign Germany's star youth international goalie, Bjoern Bussman. He ended last season on the bench for the U18s and wants out.

Thanks for that

From watching that clip I would say he looks similar to King Carlos but with a lot more pace.

I think he is a similar type player to maybe Walcott. He may need to bulk up from the prem but still think he could put pressure on Pederson which he could do with and if can bulk up a bit I can see him being a real asset and taken peds place or at the very least pushing Pederson back to his form from 2-3 years ago win win really.

Just need to get the permit, Does anyone sit near Jack Straw at matches cant they put in a word with him and get it sorted :rover:

He sounds like he could potentially be our fourth or fifth striker next year, the young one who comes on as a sub sometimes and gets some decent premiership experience. Our new Derbs with a bigger upside?

The question is, if we did get him back would we play him in that role or would we loan him out to a Championship team a la Gally to get him starting time for a season (kind of like what Chelsea is wanting to do with Di Santo)?

From the LET:

"Meanwhile Rovers have today lodged an appeal against the decision to not grant Canadian striker David Hoilett a work permit as they bid to bring him back to Ewood Park.

The 19-year-old has spent the last two seasons on loan in Germany, most recently for FC St Pauli, and Allardyce is keen to have a look at the striker who has a year left on his Rovers contract. "

Doesn't anyone know his back story?

It seems strange to me that we signed 2 Canadian youngsters ( his brother too? ) that can't get work permits, and then stranger still we'd loan them out to German teams ( how did they get work permits there? )

Most of the continental countries give out work permits much easier than the Uk to footballers. Thats why the German league, for example, is rammed full of Brazilians who have never played for their country.

Really hope this guy gets his deal. We need to add to the first team squad!

Guest benmaxwell

Funny isn't it, we get our approach for a work permit denied, where as Manchester United look set to continue to defy the Work Permit system:

Manchester United are talking to Brazilian club Gremio about a deal for their 18-year-old midfielder Douglas Costa - dubbed the new Cristiano Ronaldo.

The same immigration laws apply to every club. If you can prove certain things then you can get it through. The fact is he doesn't conform for automatic clearance for a work permit, so Rovers have to go through the appeal system to get their individual case facts put across. This was always going to happen, I just hope we have a strong case and it may have been made stronger by the departure of Matty and Rocky.

Archived