BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Jackson

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really have any problem with people poking fun at Jacko, he was a weird dude. Just unsure as to why some people would continue to do it over and over again in a thread. If you don't like him, what to gain from saying so in a thread related to him? Why would you even open it in the first place? Repeating jokes that others have said a million times over isn't particularly original :D don't see why some people can't accept MJ was a good musician. Or know what the term 'manufactured pop' means.

Who did that?

Are you Sick, my young Pedian?

Shhhhh ;)

• Backroom
In that case my original question stands.

The first part is aimed at a few people. You're one of them. Maybe you can answer why you're posting in a Michael Jackson thread when you seem to hold mostly disdain for him? It's just strange, to me.

I think the near-deification of Michael Jackson following his untimely death probably winds a few people up.

Let's face it, we're going to have wall-to-wall Michael Jackson for months tro come. You can't expect everyone to be delirious at that prospect.

"manufactured pop music" just seems to be a throwaway cliche to me. It's all bloody manufactured. "Great album, great sales, now make us another one". targeted demographics, giving the customer what they want etc etc.

The first part is aimed at a few people. You're one of them. Maybe you can answer why you're posting in a Michael Jackson thread when you seem to hold mostly disdain for him? It's just strange, to me.

What joke have I 'repeated a million times'?

• Backroom
What joke have I 'repeated a million times'?

You've misread the post, and are being pedantic.

Answer my question. You can PM if you like. I'm not interested in taking this much further in this thread as it has nothing to do with Jacko.

Another celebrity has pegged it tonight. First David Carradine, then Farrah Fawcett, then Jackass and now Mollie Sugden. I reckon there's a bug going round called luvvie flu. Ronnie Biggs next. There'll no celebs left by Christmas!

Yes please......... That'd be the best Chrissie prezi ever since Jesus was a twinkle in his Dad's eye!

............. don't see why some people can't accept MJ was a good musician. Or know what the term 'manufactured pop' means.

I'm afraid that I don't know what the term means, or what it would or would not apply to. Can you explain it to me DE4life?

• Backroom
I thought you didnt want to take it any further on this thread?

You're clearly not going to answer, which either means you don't know or you know the answer doesn't reflect well on you. We can leave it there.

I'm afraid that I don't know what the term means, or what it would or would not apply to. Can you explain it to me DE4life?

'Manufactured pop', as a term, refers to music that is created by a team. It is designed for a certain singer (ie. Britney Spears) who is then used like a cog in a machine (hence manufactured). The singer is no more than a cog because he or she has not come up with any of the themes or actual music behind what they are singing. It can apply to other genres, but it mostly applies to pop, as a lot of pop music (particularly in terms of boybands - Backstreet Boys, N Sync, Take That, etc etc) sounds practically the same.

The Spice Girls are a great example of manufactured pop. Their manager had this vision in mind for a girl group, he assigned them all personalities when he'd chosen the five (Scary, Sporty etc.) then someone wrote songs to fit this whole image that had been created. There wasn't an ounce of creativity between them, they were manufactured from start to finish by other people.

You're clearly not going to answer, which either means you don't know or you know the answer doesn't reflect well on you. We can leave it there.

I could answer you without any problem at all (you seem to be under the impression that you've posed some hugely insightful thought provoking question), but its far more amusing to carry on baiting you in to contradicting yourself over your insistance that you 'didn't want to take it any further on this thread' 4 posts ago :lol:

• Backroom
I could answer you without any problem at all (you seem to be under the impression that you've posed some hugely insightful thought provoking question), but its far more amusing to carry on baiting you in to contradicting yourself over your insistance that you 'didn't want to take it any further on this thread' 4 posts ago :lol:

Only responded twice to you mate, used part of my 2nd post to answer 'drog. I also said not MUCH further, not ANY further. You need to read posts carefully, that's the second of my posts you've misinterpreted.

You have also managed to avoid the question again, pretending it's been your master plan all along. I could answer the question easily for you as well, but I think this has gone on long enough.

I was happy to continue this via PM, you declined. I answered your question but you won't answer mine. I don't think I've posted anything thought provoking, I'd just like to know why you feel the need to use this thread to try and establish e-superiority.

I'd expect better from an older member of the site tbh.

Archived