BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Jackson

as opposed to the chimp ,child loving and child dangling freakoid?

it was crap and what he was like as a sorry excuse of a man sends shivers down my spine too..he was a freakoid

His music was anything but crap. Yeah he was a complete nutter but that shouldn't get in the way of the quality and influence of his work.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Contradiction in terms, not everyone likes his music, and as such they wouldn't regard him as a genius. Ergo, he couldn't be "universally" regarded as such.

He's a divisive figure. You either adore he's music or think it's a crock of over-rated trash.

I can imagine them playing "Earth Song" at camp Gitmo

IN RESPONSE TO MATTS POST.

WHY?????? IN GODS NAME NOT????

MILLIONS PAID IN HUSH MONEY......CHILD CRUELTY....AND BECOMING A COMPLETE WEIRDO.

would any of the people on here

A. let there child sleep in the same bed as him?

B. let your daughter marry him?

C. let him dangle your son/daughter from a balconly?

D.WOULD YOU LET YOUR KIDS DO ANY OF THE ABOVE WITH GARY GLITTER OR ANY KIDDIE FEELING PERVERT?

If you answer YES OR MAYBE to any of the above could you give a reason as to why?

Contradiction in terms, not everyone likes his music, and as such they wouldn't regard him as a genius. Ergo, he couldn't be "universally" regarded as such.

He's a divisive figure. You either adore he's music or think it's a crock of over-rated trash.

I can imagine them playing "Earth Song" at camp Gitmo

'Earth Song' is indeed pretty weak to be honest. Point taken though. 'Widely regarded' I should say.

IN RESPONSE TO MATTS POST.

WHY?????? IN GODS NAME NOT????

MILLIONS PAID IN HUSH MONEY......CHILD CRUELTY....AND BECOMING A COMPLETE WEIRDO.

would any of the people on here

A. let there child sleep in the same bed as him?

B. let your daughter marry him?

C. let him dangle your son/daughter from a balconly?

D.WOULD YOU LET YOUR KIDS DO ANY OF THE ABOVE WITH GARY GLITTER OR ANY KIDDIE FEELING PERVERT?

If you answer YES OR MAYBE to any of the above could you give a reason as to why?

Appreciating Jackson's music hardly equates to giving a blessing to his lifestyle. Being weird is not a crime, nor is it particularly subversive. Plenty of celebrities are weird (although probably not to the same epic level as Michael Jackson).

The premise of your question, such as it is, appears to be based on the assumption that there are people who would say 'YES OR MAYBE'. Which I find very hard to believe.

A. I'd not let any child of mine sleep in any strange adult's bed to be honest. Michael Jackson or otherwise.

B. If Jacko was indeed a fiddler of little boys then it's unlikely your daughter would have been in much trouble.

C. Hardly.

D. What does Gary Glitter have to do with dangling kids from balconies?

My point of course was not to condone his increasingly bizarre existence. Instead I was highlighting the fact that Jacko's personal life - while overwhelmingly newsworthy - failed to extinguish the influence of his professional life. This is something which I think is shared by any number of gifted, but utterly barking, people throughout history. As Seneca said, 'There is no great genius without some touch of madness.'

matt im not rambling at all...hand on heart i cant understand or want to believe the LOVE IN around the world for someone who has 99.999% done to kids (as said by someone earlier you dont pay 20m if your innnocent) what hes done.The world rightly crucified gay glitter for what he did but because the superstar pays someone off its quite accaptble. you cant just forgive someone because they play "good" music? dont get me started on banging a chimp either.YOU CANT MORALLY CHOOSE WHICH PEODOS ARE OK AND WHICH ARNT JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE A SUPERSTAR ....HE DISGUSTED ME WHEN HE WAS ALIVE AND ALL THIS SAINT MICHEAL CRAP NOW ANNOYS ME WHEN HES DEAD.....THE KIDS ARE SAFER IN THIS WORLD NOW WITH HIM GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His music was anything but crap. Yeah he was a complete nutter but that shouldn't get in the way of the quality and influence of his work.

In Rovermatts defence, let me repeat his quote^^^^^^^^^. He was merely stating the obvious.

Michael Jackson's music is fantastic without doubt, which is why SIX of his songs are currently in the top 40 & they made it there in two days of sales. Also he has TWO albums in the top ten album chart. The stats there speak for themselves.

He wouldnt have SIX in the top 40 if he wasnt dead???

there is DOUBT if everyone in the world agreed then there would be no doubt. there are lots of people who didnt/dont like him or his music ....so there IS doubt.

matt im not rambling at all...hand on heart i cant understand or want to believe the LOVE IN around the world for someone who has 99.999% done to kids (as said by someone earlier you dont pay 20m if your innnocent) what hes done.The world rightly crucified gay glitter for what he did but because the superstar pays someone off its quite accaptble. you cant just forgive someone because they play "good" music? dont get me started on banging a chimp either.YOU CANT MORALLY CHOOSE WHICH PEODOS ARE OK AND WHICH ARNT JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE A SUPERSTAR ....HE DISGUSTED ME WHEN HE WAS ALIVE AND ALL THIS SAINT MICHEAL CRAP NOW ANNOYS ME WHEN HES DEAD.....THE KIDS ARE SAFER IN THIS WORLD NOW WITH HIM GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never excused him for being a 'peodo' (a crime for which he was never convicted) nor do I see anyone claiming it's acceptable to pay off people who are pursuing you in court for a very serious offence. You're completely jumping the shark and applying a hugely simplistic attitude to a complex set of facts.

Abbey, you subjected your son to going to see Rovers during the Ince era - MUCH worse than dangling a kid off of a balcony!!

It is also possible that he paid the family off because he wanted to protect the kid from having to go through the trial. Plenty of innocent people have been falsely accused (and convicted) based on poorly coerced testimony of children (sadly, one of the reasons I gave up trying to be a teacher).

I'd say he is guilty of very poor judgment, but no one will ever know what he did that was illegal, if anything.

• Backroom

In response to this Jacko said he had just had enough and couldn't take any more of it, plus the money to him was nothing.

To turn the question around if he really had done it would the parents rather have a shed load of money or the guy who abused you're child locked away for what he did??

I did and still think he was innocent, just a complete nutjob. A true flawed genius.

I never excused him for being a 'peodo' (a crime for which he was never convicted) nor do I see anyone claiming it's acceptable to pay off people who are pursuing you in court for a very serious offence. You're completely jumping the shark and applying a hugely simplistic attitude to a complex set of facts.

oh ok he was a normal bloke im sorry :rolleyes: .....gulluble

Abbey, you subjected your son to going to see Rovers during the Ince era - MUCH worse than dangling a kid off of a balcony!!

you think?

In response to this Jacko said he had just had enough and couldn't take any more of it, plus the money to him was nothing.

To turn the question around if he really had done it would the parents rather have a shed load of money or the guy who abused you're child locked away for what he did??

I did and still think he was innocent, just a complete nutjob. A true flawed genius.

theres more chance of bin laden being not guilty.

the money was nothing? he owed $500 million?

he should have had his kids taken off there and then when he nearly played at lets turn a kid into pizza.

flawed genius? weird freak more like.

You've lost me now. What on earth does this statement have to do with anything above?

im holding my hand up at your revalations that he isnt what i said....r.i.p micheal perfect parent and perfect role model. a sainthood awaits.

st jacko

st gary glitter

st micheal barrymore.

theres more chance of bin laden being not guilty.

im holding my hand up at your revalations that he isnt what i said....r.i.p micheal perfect parent and perfect role model. a sainthood awaits.

st jacko

st gary glitter

st micheal barrymore.

You're embarrassing yourself now. Are you actually reading any of the other contributions on this thread or are you simply descending into your own particular brand of self-loathing?

• Backroom

You ignored my question abbey, I think any parent who knew there kids had been abused would rather see the offender go to prison then take a payout.

Did he owe $500m at the time? He had far more in assets than his debt was ever worth thats for sure.

• Backroom

Apparently (and this isn't a defence just an observation) he wouldn't believe anything about his debt and would fire anyone who told him to stop spending.

We'll never know ghe full depth of his 'issues' I suppose

Apparently (and this isn't a defence just an observation) he wouldn't believe anything about his debt and would fire anyone who told him to stop spending.

We'll never know ghe full depth of his 'issues' I suppose

my ex lived like that.

I can't believe anyone would let a kid share his bed when that kid wasn't their's. Particularly when they were famous, and in doing so opening themselves up to the possibility of litigation. It defies belief that anyone could be that naive.

Either he's guilty of appalling misjudgement, and quite frankly quite a few tracks short of an LP or he's a paedophile.

Who was that kid he was filmed cuddling when Bashir was interviewing him? There was something very not right about that.

• Backroom

Interesting how most Jackson detractors completely overlook the millions upon millions he poured into charities. He was also never proven guilty of any charges... those who know him properly have almost always said there's no chance of him being a paedo. Those who accuse him are "sources", tabloids, and the people who happily ingest the rubbish that such papers spew. There's no doubt he was strange, and the tabloids were merciless in their hounding him down because of it.

Only today The Sun reported Jacko was 8ST on death, only for the coroner to come out on the same day and confirm that it was total balls. Just like most of the stuff they print.

Funnily enough, it's a tabloid writer who actually provides a realistic view on Jackson: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...months-ago.html

Michael had not helped his case. Appearing in a documentary with British broadcaster Martin Bashir, he not only admitted that he liked to share a bed with teenagers, mainly boys, in pyjamas, but showed no sign of understanding why anyone might be legitimately concerned.

I had started my investigation convinced that Jackson was guilty. By the end, I no longer believed that.

I could not find a single shred of evidence suggesting that Jackson had molested a child. But I found significant evidence demonstrating that most, if not all, of his accusers lacked credibility and were motivated primarily by money.

Some of the posts in this thread are embarrassing and uninformed; proof as to why the tabloids continue to have such sway in public affairs and opinion.

Though, I will say there are some people who go wayyyy over the top idolizing Jacko. He was an undeniably talented performer and songwriter, but he was only an entertainer. Some people believed him to be a god. He crumbled under that pressure, he wanted to be the god they had built, but he was never going to be able to do that. For each person who supported him, there were two or three more desperate to either take his money or rip him down. Considering his mind was so warped to begin with, he never had a chance.

my ex lived like that.

Ha! we have got something in common apart from Rovers then.

MJ was definately a weird bloke, what with the kiddies thing; the plastic surgery (which made him look like a fricking monster) and his financial lack of acumen. So put that into one cupboard.

In another cupboard is the fact that he created some great music. I don't have any MJ music, it's not quite my taste, but by heavens I appreciate that a lot of it is for its genre, pure genius. How anyone can fault "Thriller" is beyond me. The bloke was on the top of his game and was untouchable..

And on a morbid note: no doubt Jackson's estate will be squabbled over by all his relatives until there are only two cents left to share out after the lawyers have been paid.

Colin's advice to BRFS members - if you have anything worth anything MAKE A WILL. Blackburn is in the Dutchy Of Lancaster, so if you have anything and you step in front of that double decker bus, and it's not all signed & sealed, then there is a good chance that Chas Windsor will cop the lot.

Archived