BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams

I was in Blackburn last wek for a very quick visit and went to Ewood for some Rovers' gear. I was standing over by the JW statue when John Williams got out of his car. I introduced myself to him and we chatted for about 10 minutes before a call took him inside.

Some things that he said of note:

...he does read the website and is amused by the number of people who claim to know how much players are making; as these are confidential commercial contracts

...he is very concerned about Rover's finances and the clubs ability to compete when other clubs are in a much better market area

He struck me as a very personable man with strong a belief in family. He pointed out that if an individual was given the task of locating a Premier League team, using tangible business criteria, then Blackburn would not be one of the top 40 sites in England. He is acutely aware of the task ahead of the football club.

Anyhow, nothing earth shattering, but a true experience from a long time fan from Canada. I enjoyed the chat and thanked him for taking the time.

Whatever people say on here, John Williams in my mind is the very best chairman in the whole of british football, yes, it is a sweeping statement, yes he probably got it wrong with Ince, but all of us get things wrong sometimes, but he is approachable, not alloof like many chairman, extremely astute and we as a club are very fortunate he is chairman of our club, like Majiball, wouldnt swap the guy for any other chairman, indeed the club is run really well considering its finances and are always open to suggestions.

I think the people who call the Chairman and board at this club should get a reality check, very quickly.

I agree. Don't forget that Uncle Jack brought him into the club from an extremely well-paid job and obviously Jack paid him a better salary.

Uncle Jack died. The club's funds have reduced considerably. Yet John Williams finds himself in charge of a club struggling financially and CONTINUES to run it as best he can and is doing a darn fine job. All credit to the man.

He, like Jan, must now be a committed Rover. This never ceases to amaze me, (that someone not brought up to be a Rover can convert and stay converted).

I was in Blackburn last wek for a very quick visit and went to Ewood for some Rovers' gear. I was standing over by the JW statue when John Williams got out of his car. I introduced myself to him and we chatted for about 10 minutes before a call took him inside.

Some things that he said of note:

...he does read the website and is amused by the number of people who claim to know how much players are making; as these are confidential commercial contracts

...he is very concerned about Rover's finances and the clubs ability to compete when other clubs are in a much better market area

He struck me as a very personable man with strong a belief in family. He pointed out that if an individual was given the task of locating a Premier League team, using tangible business criteria, then Blackburn would not be one of the top 40 sites in England. He is acutely aware of the task ahead of the football club.

Anyhow, nothing earth shattering, but a true experience from a long time fan from Canada. I enjoyed the chat and thanked him for taking the time.

You're John Williams, aren't you? ;)

He, like Jan, must now be a committed Rover. This never ceases to amaze me, (that someone not brought up to be a Rover can convert and stay converted).

Yeah Jack Straw's another............ I wonder if he'll renew when he retires from public office? :rolleyes:

Coincidence or something more mysterious - id say he pressed a button in his jacket and his secretary looked out the window and called him so he could get away from you :D:D

Just kidding :P

I'm proud that we have a Chairman like Williams. Apart from Ince, he always picks the right man for the job. Look at how long our managers last and look at how many Chelsea have had this past while. Its a real credit to him and the decisions he makes! :D

Actually, I was quite happy to wish him well but he intiated conversation by asking what had brought me over to England. He was pleased to hear that I have been a Rovers fan for almost 50 years. ( Say it quickly and it doesn't sound so bad...oh the joys!! )

By the way," Are you John Williams?" :lol:

By the way," Are you John Williams?" :lol:

A number of posters have mentioned that John Williams reads this messageboard but to do so he needs to log in and must therefore have a user name. So it begs the question, which one is he?

Would the real John Williams please stand up.

A number of posters have mentioned that John Williams reads this messageboard but to do so he needs to log in and must therefore have a user name. So it begs the question, which one is he?

Would the real John Williams please stand up.

Actually you can read the site without logging in or so I thought.

Ah you're right Jisty. You learn something new everyday.

So, what username is Mr Williams using?

Actually you can read the site without logging in or so I thought.

You used to be able to but I know I have to log in before I can view the mb.

Log out and try it.

so we have a new diversion...find John Williams...an air of suspicion loomed over the messageboard as members looked about for clues. :huh:

Archived