BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fantasy Football League 09/10

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would anyone be up for the paypal idea? Maybe £5 entry each? We had quite a few in the league last season - we could then organise a 1st, 2nd and 3rd pot, which would make it far more interesting and 3 people richer.

Any chance the mods can move it on the main board so we can get more signing up?

I was going to say the same. I'll be signing up this evening.

Can you sign up and not pick players until later? Bit early into the transfer window.

If so i'll sign up.

You can make unlimited changes until the season starts so it doesn't really matter who you pick.

Edit: That's a pretty good idea Hughesy, I think £5 would put people off though. We usually get over 100 people in so £1 each would enough I think then just have winner takes all. It would take a lot of organising though!

Can't say I'm too enthused towards the cash prize, although you could always work it as those who did enter money are the only ones capable of winning any cash, whereas people like myself who did not put any money in are unable to win money regardless of end position.

Would anyone be up for the paypal idea? Maybe £5 entry each? We had quite a few in the league last season - we could then organise a 1st, 2nd and 3rd pot, which would make it far more interesting and 3 people richer.

I'd be up for it, I've never done fantasy footy before so it will be a 5er down the drain! Oh well, let's give it a go...

Won the league that I and about 20 other mates have going every year this past season, but fell out of the top 20 in the BRFCS league with about 5 games to go, which obviously hurt ;)

Have already set up a team, but I bet I'll change it once the summer transfer window starts heating up. Zhirkov was extremely expensive, but I think he might be worth it. Lampard is also a must buy at this game, especially now that Ronaldo is gone.

I was going to put an ex-Rovers team into the league, I did a couple of years back and they seemed to do alright.

I can't seem to get anywhere enough players though. Strikers (Beattie, Davies, Santa Cruz) and goalkeepers (Given, Friedel) are fine. One short in midfield with Bentley, Mokoena, Carsley and Johnson. Three short in defence with only Tiny and a tenuous attempt at Spector (we had a contract to sign him on loan until SAF cancelled it due to injuries).

Are there any others? I remember having to make choices last time about who to leave out, so far that's only happened with Bellamy. Shows something about the quality of players that have been leaving the club over the last few years!

As you'll guess, dodgy links will be accepted...considering putting Valencia in as he had a trial with us apparently...

Are there any others? I remember having to make choices last time about who to leave out, so far that's only happened with Bellamy. Shows something about the quality of players that have been leaving the club over the last few years!

Lucas Neill is set to rejoin West Ham, but I can't think of any others at the moment.

Don't know if Danny Simpson is on there (FPL is blocked at work, strangely enough)? Not that he'll get a single point this season, though.

Lucas Neill is set to rejoin West Ham, but I can't think of any others at the moment.

Aye thought about him but they haven't got him included on West Ham's squad list yet. Really struggling for defenders.

I could do with Keith to go to Fulham to boost my numbers.

Archived