BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eduardo Charged With "decieving The Referee"

den

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bit that annoyed me the most was the quote from eduardo saying he was glad that the truth had finally come out. What planet is this guy on?

The truth is he cheated to win a penalty. I wasn't really bothered about a ban until thye gave him it, but having given it out they should have stuck to it.

The thing that most annoyed me was the cocky little smile he did when he knew he had cheated and got a penalty. That to me just said it all.

How they can over-turn it is beyond me.

The thing that most annoyed me was the cocky little smile he did when he knew he had cheated and got a penalty. That to me just said it all.

How they can over-turn it is beyond me.

Chelsea probably sent them the tape of the second leg of last season's semi-final to be reviewed and UEFA realised they'd opened a can of worms when it comes to video-refereeing after the event.

I'd guess the ref did not put it in his match report so Arsenal successfully argued that there was no actual mechanism for reviewing the incident.

The bit that annoyed me the most was the quote from eduardo saying he was glad that the truth had finally come out. What planet is this guy on?

The truth is he cheated to win a penalty. I wasn't really bothered about a ban until thye gave him it, but having given it out they should have stuck to it.

The question that we should all be considering is: would the ban be overturned for a Rovers player doing the same thing? Or indeed any one of the less "fashionable " clubs players? I think we already know the answer to that one!! THAT is the problem that wants sorting out!!!

The question that we should all be considering is: would the ban be overturned for a Rovers player doing the same thing? Or indeed any one of the less "fashionable " clubs players? I think we already know the answer to that one!! THAT is the problem that wants sorting out!!!

Not that I am defending the rescinding; far from it. I believe it should stand and apply to all clubs and all players who do it. This kind of cheating is ruining the game.

Not that I am defending the rescinding; far from it. I believe it should stand and apply to all clubs and all players who do it. This kind of cheating is ruining the game.

Sorry Fife I didnt quite catch that.........what did you say? :lol:

My understanding is that there doesn't need to be contact for it to be a foul?

If you impede the progress of the player it's a foul. You can impede progress without touching the player.

It's a while since I read the rules. Is that right?

My understanding is that there doesn't need to be contact for it to be a foul?

If you impede the progress of the player it's a foul. You can impede progress without touching the player.

It's a while since I read the rules. Is that right?

It's perfectly permissible to impede the progress of the player with the ball. It is not permissible to impede the progress of a player without the ball.

All by dim memory.

One of the biggest problems here is Arsene Wenger

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_5312209,00.html - Sky Sports

In this first article he criticises Didier Drogba for 'going down too easily' Now on occasions this is true but does the man have any scope to start defending Eduardo when he himself critiscises another player for the same crime.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12098_5549394,00.html - Sky Sports

Now the second article is Wenger comparing Eduardo's penalty to Wayne Rooney Vs Slovenia, now I agree that this particular incident was also questionable(Rooney actually comitted the foul). I think Eduardo dived and Wenger whom is footballs biggest Hypocryte sought to make everything ok by crying 'its not fair' etc.

Anyone who remembers Arsenal being a very dirty over physical team that they were in the late 90's and early 00s under Wenger will also remember the games we played them under Hughes(he has had a dig at Hughes today for defending his player) and his constant moaning about our over physical approach.

I do honestly think Wenger's moans have influanced UEFA in recinding this ban. There was a previous case of Lithuania striker Saulius Mikoliunas who dived and won a Penalty vs Scotland who subsequently recieved a ban obvisously this was not recinded.

Anyone who remembers Arsenal being a very dirty over physical team that they were in the late 90's and early 00s under Wenger will also remember the games we played them under Hughes(he has had a dig at Hughes today for defending his player) and his constant moaning about our over physical approach.

I do honestly think Wenger's moans have influanced UEFA in recinding this ban. There was a previous case of Lithuania striker Saulius Mikoliunas who dived and won a Penalty vs Scotland who subsequently recieved a ban obvisously this was not recinded.

Wenger has turned into an old biddy, a blind man can see that.

There is a difference, in my opinion, between tough tackling, body-checking and hitting out at people on the ground. I hope that all Rovers fans would not moan and defend our player if one of ours did this. I remember Todd kicking someone up that arse, I found it funny as hell but was not aggrieved that he was sent packing for it.

If UEFA can be influenced by that then that is too bad. I fear how much influence the great pooba at Man U has with them.

Sorry Fife I didnt quite catch that.........what did you say? :lol:

Yes sorry about that Hughesy. I tried to use the Edit function to add my second paragraph and the damned thing just kept on adding the whole post at each attempt to correct things. :(

It's just not the same game I played :(

Yes we all miss the days when the game was played with a severed head and the whole town was the pitch. :lol:

In my opinion the nancyfication of the game is getting a bit over the top, I can see it being like basketball eventually.

I know people may sound off about my defense of Van Pussy, but I feel there is a difference between tough football and thugery.

Dugarry. An unprofessional red mist job. Dugarry had just elbowed McEverly and the ref had missed it. Todd hadn't though.

Yeah, and seconds earlier Todd had been caught by another player so the red mist really descended. Watching it now still makes me giggle a bit...

Yeah, and seconds earlier Todd had been caught by another player (in a 'vulnerable area' ;) and Dugarry had just raked his shins with 6 studs too) so the red mist really descended. Watching it now still makes me giggle a bit...

Personally I can never see anything wrong with a touch of good old fashioned honest retaliation.........Truly.

........... And as opposed to the Norman Hunter variety that he usually got in first! :o

Personally I can never see anything wrong with a touch of good old fashioned honest retaliation.........Truly.

........... And as opposed to the Norman Hunter variety that he usually got in first!

Preemptive retaliation is a perfectly sound doctrine, followed by many current and past governments. Surely thay can't all be wrong? :lol:

Preemptive retaliation is a perfectly sound doctrine, followed by many current and past governments. Surely thay can't all be wrong? :lol:

Isn't that what Gerrard did? He was found not guilty so that must mean it's ok.

Archived