BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eduardo Charged With "decieving The Referee"

den

The Times

So, what do people think? Can UEFA actually rid the game of these divers? Will UEFA handle this fairly? Will they only look at penalty incidents?

It's great that they are clearly identifying this as a problem within the game and it's great that Arsenal, the worst of all in my opinion, are being singled out. Will this initiative work though? The biggest problem UEFA will have is seeing to be fair with the clubs charged. Will they have to charge all clubs, or can they make examples of the worst offenders?

Discuss please.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with it fully. But if they do it they have to enforce it. But how do you go? A defender going over when shielding the ball for a goal kick after a slight nudge from the striker? Only in and around the box? Game changing moments?

Simple, clear dives when there has been no contact.

If there is contact then you have to leave it up to the ref.

"Gordon Smith, the Scottish FA chief executive, called for the forward to be sanctioned, saying: "Eduardo showed disrespect to the game by his actions in winning a penalty.""

I think that this is the major issue, complete disrespect for the game.

I was watching the game and I thought it a dive in real time, when I saw it on a replay I threw up in my mouth a little. Arsen should fine the player himself to show that he does not condone such a spur of the moment rendition of "Swan Lake". Unfortunately I am sure that this will not happen as the Arse seem to have an hour set aside in training for rehearsing Oscar winning performances such as these. UEFA should hit them with the biggest book they have available and make an example of the Director and Actor in this particular event.

Come on English FA and back this up also, instant yellow for a dive in open play and an instant red for a dive in the box, that would cut this out quickly. For the in the box situations the fourth official or even a fifth official should have an instant replay available.

When Wenger admitted during the summer he saw Arsenal players being naughty and then denied having seen it in the post-match press conference, I thought his admission would come back to haunt him pretty soon.

Then let us hope that the haunting is a poltergeist that slaps him around a bit.

its a tricky one to call, because how can you clearly define what is bannable and what is not.

cheats are cheats and they will get round this easily. they'll adapt. The clipping of your own heels is a great example of this and if a penalty is given then how can uefa or the PL decide that this player has dived as it may be intentional or might not have been.

• Backroom

A dangerous door may be opening.

Also if the referee at the time thought it was a dive he would have got a yellow card, how on earth does that mean he should get a ban because the referee missed it.

Arsene has every right to be furious on this one, if Eduardo is banned then EVERY SINGLE DIVE should be punished the same no matter where on the park and in what game.

A dangerous door may be opening.

Also if the referee at the time thought it was a dive he would have got a yellow card, how on earth does that mean he should get a ban because the referee missed it.

Arsene has every right to be furious on this one, if Eduardo is banned then EVERY SINGLE DIVE should be punished the same no matter where on the park and in what game.

Unfortunately you have to start somewhere.

It is always the same with big decisions, the person/entity that is the cause of the ball starting to roll cries and sobs.

Let us hope that when UEFA does this it is considered THE precedent and not just an isolated incident.

Pedersen should have served a 10 match ban for his dive at Arsenal, possibly the worst attempt to deceive a ref that I have ever ever seen!!!

If it wasn't so hideously awful and deceitful it would have been hilarious.

Orson Welles, Gamst is not

I am all for stamping it out. Give them a 2 match ban for the first time, 5 times for the second time and 10 for a third offence.

I doubt managers will stand for it and tricksters will have to erase it from their game.

With that said we have at least a couple in our side who have that as a past-time, although not as often as some of the other players in the land.

Oh dear - Looks like it has upset Wenger - The guy is such a tosser.

"Its a disgrace"

Love this line too - Mug!

"He feels he has done nothing wrong. Of course the timing is not ideal," he confessed.

"It is funny football, you can break a player's leg and it doesn't cause a debate for anybody but this case has been all over the world and treated like Eduardo has killed somebody.

Oh and this one (despite the keeper not going near the little puff)

"To single a player out like that who has come back from injury like he has, been hit like he has been, for going down I don't blame him. When you see his leg first time I don't blame him getting out of the way of the goalkeeper."

The thing is it has to work both ways - if players are going to be charged then so should officials for their imcompetence which is obvious at times

Dangerous can of worms this - unless its blatently obvious.

In addition, funny how they can use video evidence for their own devices but not for a player /club to prove something in their favour.

Archived