BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Life Time Ban

Posted on another board, this made me cringe, probably one of the worst challenges I have seen in 45 years of watching football.

It's in slow mo, mot for the faint hearted.

The title should be imposed on the perpetrator.

Can anyone fill in the details, players, match Etc..

Leg breaker

Ouch. I mean, seriously, ouch! :o

Looking over Anderlecht's site, it appears he almost missed the game because he was recovering from gastroenteritis.

http://www.rsca.be/article.php?aid=24609&menu=1

Marcin Wasilewski, victim of multiple open fractures of the calf and tibia, underwent temporary surgery on Sunday night. "The medical team cleaned the open wound as well as possible", said Louis Kinnen, head of RSC Anderlecht’s medical staff. "That is, because of the nature of the injury, there is a high risk of infection. Therefore, Marcin will be given antibiotics during the next few days. The purpose of that treatment is to make sure that he can be treated (operated on) definitively in the course of this week."

Marcin Wasilewski will be out for at least 10 to 12 months. Out of respect for the player, his family and the club, the medical team will not make any more comments on his condition till further notice.

Anderlecht-Standard was supposed to be the fifth match day’s top game, but it became a depressing match for the team from Brussels. Two of RSCA’s star players had to leave the field with heavy injuries and will most likely be out for the rest of the season.

http://www.rsca.be/article.php?aid=24608&menu=1

The first victim was Jan Polak. The Czech had to leave the field with a ripped cruciate ligament halfway through the first half. For Marcin Wasilewski, things are even worse. After a very reckless tackle by Golden Shoe Axel Witsel, it soon became clear that the Polish international had sustained multiple open fractures of the calf and tibia. Wasyl’s season is most definitely over.

More news will follow as soon as possible.

• Backroom

I saw that gif on NEOGAF yesterday, as bad as it is there have been far worse tackles just the results aren't always as bad.

I think Keanes on Haaland bordered on assualt

Posted on another board, this made me cringe, probably one of the worst challenges I have seen in 45 years of watching football.

It's in slow mo, mot for the faint hearted.

The title should be imposed on the perpetrator.

Can anyone fill in the details, players, match Etc..

Leg breaker

I disagree. As horrific as the injury it looks like he was going for the ball to me but got it horribly horribly wrong. I've seen far worse tackles not result in something that bad.

Gerrard pulls off a good 5 worse challenges than that every season!

Hm, not sure about that.

It's a very, very nasty challenge. Now way could he get the ball stamping down on it like that. I don't think it was totally malicious, more just stupid. 99/100 nothing will happen from it, but tackles like that need to be kept out of the game. Over the past few years I've started to see more and more like that where the player will get away with it so long as he doesn't touch the player he's going for. It needs to be a red card, with or without the broken leg.

Archived