BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Icc Champions Trophy

Well after watching South Africa get hammered by Sri Lanka, i get the feeling that its going to be another tournament where we choke. Going in as favourites, but after being outplayed by Sri Lanka, its going to be interesting with England and New Zealand in this group. Mods or Ste, can this topic be pinned please?

Isgak

Don't get me wrong, I love my cricket but I do get the impression this summer that it has been on TV far too much, WI series, Ashes, T20 (didn't happen!), 7 ODIs and now the Champions Trophy. Overkill in my eyes. I really have no interest in this Champions Trophy, I might watch England but fear the worst, otherwise not too bothered.

England play Sri Lanka next i think. Should England win, then they will be in a better position as they have New Zealand and SA to play. New Zealand being the easier of the 3 games. SA will be under heavy pressure to beat England, despite beating NZ today.

England on top against Sri Lanka. Dont seem like there is much interest on here. Its still a good tournament, and im hoping England win today, and then beat South Africa on Sunday. Sri Lanka 52/4 at the moment

the cricket season should be over by now ... i like my cricket, but this is overkill!

When we had them at 17-4 off 5.1 overs I was thinking what a great tournament!

Now it's 165-6 I'm back with you though - definitely overkill! :huh:

You guys do know that England tour SA at the end of the year. So that is more cricket. Its hardly overkill, when you consider that SA havent played for almost 2 months. Just unfortunate, that England had the Ashes before this tournament. If Australia win this tournament, then they have played just as much as England. Seems its just a case of England, not doing well in ODI's which have made you guys a bit unhappy.

I wouldn't blame the England players if they felt jaded...after an Ashes summer and 7 meaningless one-day internationals against HMP Australia this tournament is probably the last thing they wanted.

Good win against Sri Lanka today and well done to Strauss for recalling the Sri Lanka batsmen after the runout. Would the host nation and HMPA have done the same ? I doubt it.

I wouldn't blame the England players if they felt jaded...after an Ashes summer and 7 meaningless one-day internationals against HMP Australia this tournament is probably the last thing they wanted.

Good win against Sri Lanka today and well done to Strauss for recalling the Sri Lanka batsmen after the runout. Would the host nation and HMPA have done the same ? I doubt it.

Would Strauss have recalled the batsman, if they were 100 for 0? Or if they needed 2 off the last 3 balls, with 1 wicket remaining? Good on Strauss anyway, and thats good sportsmanship.

Another good win to see us through to the semi's with a game to spare, I also though Broad was no where near what he is capable of, Bob Willis commentating sumed it up when he said" I wonder what James Anderson is making of this rubbish by Broad"

Graeme Smith leading the SA team by example but was struggling later on with cramp, also interesting to see Strauss stand his ground and refuse a runner for Smith.

Good win by England and unexpected

Collingwood - "Who would have thought that two F**king month ago"

:lol:

I heard that also as they were walking off the pitch, must have been someone with a mic on the pitch.

Colly summed it up very well though. Nobody in their right mind would have thought England would beat either Sri Lanka or South Africia, probably the best two ODI sides in the world, let alone beating them both comfortably.

Shah and Collingwood were awesome during that tricky middle period that often sees teams slowing down. Morgan finished the innings nicely with some big hits at the end and did a decent job as a stand-in wicket keeper. Then onto the bowling Anderson was fantastic yet again, he's become one of the best fast bowlers in the world over the last couple of years, seems to be going from strength to strength.

Despite Broad bowling some awful trash near the end, needs to learn a few lessons from Jimmy in bowling at the death, England still won fairly comfortably at the end.

Fine performance with bat and ball by England.

Especially nice to beat that lot, especially on their own middin.

Graeme Smith is miffed apparently that Strass wouldn't let him have a runner when he got cramp.

Colonial tosspot.

Graeme Smith is miffed apparently that Strass wouldn't let him have a runner when he got cramp.

Colonial tosspot.

Not being up to speed with the finer things in cricket I take it that if it is an genuine injury then you get a runner but in the case of cramp the oposing captain can decide to allow a runner, fair play to Strauss for standing his ground

Archived