BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No point in opening the Darwen End. Tickets have been on sale for over a week and there are still some left. Any Blackburn Rovers fan worthy of the name will have made sure they had a ticket by now. The couple of hundred left are more likely to end up in the hands of desperate dingles!

It is almost 2 weeks before the game and there are only a couple of hundred left. The few remaining tickets are amongst the worst views from the Jack Walker stand costing around the £35 mark. These will all sell as people sort out work & family commitments to be able to attend, or just get the money together to buy a ticket! If cheaper tickets were made available in the Darwen End I think you would find they would all be snapped up. At the moment we are in danger of a lot of good work with the 'Taking Back Ewood Campaign' going to waste with casual but genuine Rovers fans being unable to obtain tickets for the game in the full knowledge there are around 4000 empty seats in the Darwen End. Under those circumstances what chances of turning a casual fan into a regular fan again if they cannot obtain a ticket for the most eagerly awaited derby in the PL this season? A PR own goal!

How many times has a top four club shipped four/five goals at home?

Thing is Arsenal could have - Dunny was causing all kinds of problems- He should have shot before he was tripped in the box and when he did shoot he lost composure and hit it straight at the keeper. Then there was the Hoillet chance.

Only thing is we could have easily shipped 8!

He's the expert Paul .. .didn't you know? :rock:;)

And this is the worrying factor for the majority.

Majority? Define majority and show me the stats that back it up that it is the majority?! You sound like a big baby keep refering to this 'expert' line.

The subbing of Dunn when he did yesterday told me everything I needed to know about how importantly Sam rates the dingles game.

Spot on Philipl.

In fairness, the Burnley game is two weeks away. With the international break coming up, where Dunn won't be involved, there's little reason to rest him. He might've felt a niggle, but looked a bit too incensed to be injured if you ask me.

2 weeks? Oooooh thats alot where Dunn is concerned - surely you can understand looking at his past injury record that it doesnt much for Dunny to pick up a niggly injury which can keep him out for a month or two. Made perfect sense to me!

Majority? Define majority and show me the stats that back it up that it is the majority?! You sound like a big baby keep refering to this 'expert' line.

Keep referring ??? - think I have only used it once before nothing compared to your 'its about being realistic' :blink:

And what else are we supposed to refer to Sam - its you who said it after all :glare:

Keep referring ??? - think I have only used it once before nothing compared to your 'its about being realistic' :blink:

And what else are we supposed to refer to Sam - its you who said it after all :glare:

Sorry it was more aimed at people in general keep referring to him as that - not just you.

Anyway im not getting into it...its my ball and im taking it home..... ^_^

:rover: talking to my mate yesterday and his son has to appear in court on the 14th,no charges but has to appear.he's approached a soliciter who reckons anyone with a history of football offences in east lancashire is due in court that day,the police will ask for a adjourment and ban all that appear from football games till the next court appearence.i think the law is going a bit far here :brfc:

:rover: talking to my mate yesterday and his son has to appear in court on the 14th,no charges but has to appear.he's approached a soliciter who reckons anyone with a history of football offences in east lancashire is due in court that day,the police will ask for a adjourment and ban all that appear from football games till the next court appearence.i think the law is going a bit far here :brfc:

I don`t want to enter into a debate as to whether this is a correct course of action. However, at least there is some logic in that it is targetting 'known football holligans' as opposed to the vast majority, on both sides, who just want to attend a football match and have no history of causing trouble at matches.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Re Dunny's substitution:

I know that the Sky commentators were saying that Dunny looked disappointed at the decision to be taken off, but the way I saw it was that Dunny was still shaking his head in frustration: in frustration at (1) going 4-2 down, (2) not having done better with his chance shortly before that, and, perhaps, (3) not having been awarded a penalty earlier.

Also, I wonder whether Sam wouldn't have already discussed with him in the run-up to the match how he would use him in the Arsenal match, with an eye on the Burnley game, so I don't see it as an issue as such. Surely Sam will see Dunny as the key figure in both the build-up to the Burnley game and the game itself, will he not?

I don`t want to enter into a debate as to whether this is a correct course of action. However, at least there is some logic in that it is targetting 'known football holligans' as opposed to the vast majority, on both sides, who just want to attend a football match and have no history of causing trouble at matches.

The last time we were at Ewood, Norman 'Knuckles' Jones was there. Lifelong thug, convicted murderer, general idiot and banned from every ground in the country, still got a ticket and got in the ground. He'll probably be there on the 18th.

You'd have thought he'd have been 'targetted' by the police? Nope. Far easier to target the supporters club coaches and season ticket holders I suppose.

Ok so it looks like rather than flying out from London at a stupid hour on the day of the game I will catch the train on the Saturday afternoon, far more civilised. As I will be going directly to Blackburn I will need a place to stay. Does anyone recommend any hotels? I am aware that most of you live local enough to not require accommodation, but there are still some travellers amongst you.

This late on you will be paying a premium price and for that reason I'd recommend the Premier Inn or Fernhurst, as the Travelodge isn't worth any more than £29 a night.

The Premier Inn and Travelodge are both just off the Motorway junction above Ewood and the Fernhurst is just up the road from the ground.

Thanks Brian, am going to book the Premier Inn. The damn midday kick off is a killer travel-wise. Don't suppose there's a massive nightlife around the Motorway then?

If you're coming up the Saturday let us know as a few of us are planning on hitting either Blackburn and/or Preston that evening. Few of the locals and a few of us from Ireland.

PM me if you're interested.

The last time we were at Ewood, Norman 'Knuckles' Jones was there. Lifelong thug, convicted murderer, general idiot and banned from every ground in the country, still got a ticket and got in the ground. He'll probably be there on the 18th.

You'd have thought he'd have been 'targetted' by the police? Nope. Far easier to target the supporters club coaches and season ticket holders I suppose.

'Knuckle head' was warned not to attend the game beforehand.He was spotted by the Police in the ground with his son and later appeared in Court....general idiot indeed :blink:

It was reported on in the LET.

Id advise you all to go Preston instead - Blackburn is so poor for a night out now....

I've experienced both Hughesy inside the last year, Blackburn isn't that bad...well we did have a ###### up de Vita and his Italian mate to entertain us in Liquid, as well as a certain board member from here chasing some older "women" :lol:

Its disgusting really, how can you be forced to appear in court for doing nothing? Only evidence is past history and some of that is debateable.

Can’t believe how the police can get away with this.

Archived