BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tickets VERY limited now in JW stand,almost sold out with 2 weeks to go......will Rovers open the other half of the Darwen End top tier for OUR fans?

No real offence to you Waggles but we've nearly sold out with just 3,000 Dingles present......the decision to limit their allocation HAS been justified,why give them more tickets?

Watched Dingles v big club for my sins.

Soporific first half marked by Lee Bowyer striking at an empty net from a yard out only to send the ball backwards and booing in the 22nd minute marking wee barry ferguson's first contribution.

Dingles pressed a bit more second half and won 2-1. A few half hearted "Bring on the @#/?s".

Nugent looked the pick but really these are two very sub-standard teams with the dingles getting a run of luck they will badly miss when the tough times come.

Well Peed me off that the scum won today, Birmingham are truly crap! No doubt SamDingle will be back spouting his usual rubbish. :glare:

Had the most vivid nightmare last night that a comical own goal put the scum 1-0 up.... at Ewood. But no worries, in this very weird dream the Burnley fans were in the lower tier of the Jack Walker close to the Darwen End, and I was sat in my old seats :wacko:

Completely random, hope this doesn't happen :brfcsmilie:

Tickets VERY limited now in JW stand,almost sold out with 2 weeks to go......will Rovers open the other half of the Darwen End top tier for OUR fans?

No real offence to you Waggles but we've nearly sold out with just 3,000 Dingles present......the decision to limit their allocation HAS been justified,why give them more tickets?

Yes quite a few sold this morning by the looks of it...

If more seats in the DE are not made available for Rovers fans then it will be a crying shame. 99% of our fans want to go to this game, let's get as many in as possible Rovers!!! Opening the upper tier wont affect the police cordon outside and it can be segregated inside exactly like the lower, obviously the full half wouldn't happen but between 500-1,000 tickets on sale wouldn't jeapodise any safety/security and would have a positive impact on the team. Do the right thing Rovers, fans have more or less snapped up all seats in the rest of the ground and if allowed would do the same in the Darwen End - let's have the biggest Rovers following at Ewood for years!

Very unhappy with Burnley winning. Very.

I keep looking at the Championship page for their results though. The habits of a lifetime are hard to kick I suppose.

Just said the same to "the wife" plus a couple of swear words :lol:

Even with 2 weeks to go I'm still not sure we'll sell out with £38 tkts still available. :rolleyes:

Well, there are not many left and even parts of the Jack Walker have already sold out...

As soon as tomorrows game is finished, Blackburn goes into countdown.

I've never know the town to be like this for a Burnley game in my forty years here.

My take on this is that everyone faces extremely difficult times financially and that Rovers playing and beating Burnley is just one very good way to hide all the difficulties that they currently face.

If Burnley managed to beat Blackburn, every clarets fan would be extremely grateful that security meant they would be bused immediately out of Blackburn instead of freely making their own way home such is the expectations and annimosity from Rovers fans.

Yes quite a few sold this morning by the looks of it...

If more seats in the DE are not made available for Rovers fans then it will be a crying shame. 99% of our fans want to go to this game, let's get as many in as possible Rovers!!! Opening the upper tier wont affect the police cordon outside and it can be segregated inside exactly like the lower, obviously the full half wouldn't happen but between 500-1,000 tickets on sale wouldn't jeapodise any safety/security and would have a positive impact on the team. Do the right thing Rovers, fans have more or less snapped up all seats in the rest of the ground and if allowed would do the same in the Darwen End - let's have the biggest Rovers following at Ewood for years!

Indeed it will be a crying shame, but i don`t think the club will budge on this one :(

I think their way of ensuring there`s no chance of trouble in the DE (from the home supporters)is to have it ST holders only. If you`re caught being naughty, you run the risk of having your ST taken off you. That would not be the case for walk-ons.......although, they could`ve marketed a 'part Season Ticket' of "11 home games for £110, including the Bumley game" You might`ve shifted a few more on that basis alone.

Indeed it will be a crying shame, but i don`t think the club will budge on this one :(

I think their way of ensuring there`s no chance of trouble in the DE (from the home supporters)is to have it ST holders only. If you`re caught being naughty, you run the risk of having your ST taken off you.

and if you weren't a season ticket holder, you would be banned for life. The clubs argument there, doesn't really hold up does it Cletus?

I think the problem with the burnley match is they wern't sure up untill recently as to what they were going to do about the Darwen end..I think it was more a recation to the poor allocation for our return mattch that we are giving the season ticket holder in that end the right to the seats....I think the Darwen end will sell out as far as home fans go..they won't want to miss this one..As to the rest of the stadium it looks like there are only about 150 or so seats left in the Jack Walker....

Rose & Crown in Ossy open at 9am, with brekkie on, let me know anyone thats interested so we have an idea on how much food to get in.

I'm interested, live in Clayton so I fancy going down mate

It should be obvious that Burnley fans will be in our areas. Anyone with some nouse would have been able to get tickets whether they be touts or dingles.

I recall when we were promoted back in 2001 it was clear that the rearranged game at PNE was going to be a biggie for Rovers...and that few tickets would be available. I used an address in Leyland ( a chippie who are probably still naffed off receiving mailings from North End !!) to use as a database address and bought a load of reduced tickets for "family" for a game I never went to, and then bought a shed load of tickets in the Main Stand, it worked until Jansen scored and I was asked to leave.

I am sure that the touts/dingles would have done the same. What would you do in the same situation when desperate for tickets?

Archived