BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm so gutted i'm gonna miss this and (cue backlash) i'm lending my season ticket to my mate who's a burnley fan. Dont worry he wont be singing and shouting

As others have said this is a silly thing to do. Rovers have already said that people shouldn't be buying tickets for Burnley fans or face future punishment. What if you were to have your season ticket taken away because of it?

Can anyone confirm whether pubs will be open or not on the day?

There will be some pubs open for certain, I know Darwen pubs will be if not.

People are saying Ewood arms and Fox & Hounds will be open but I wouldn't be certain tbh.

In 2005 3 of us went drinking in town adn ended up getting hearded to one pub as all the others were closed at a certain time, we were then all convoyed from town to Ewood just because we had been drinking in town. Just something to be weary off.

So are there many of the Norwegien supporters travelling over for this one mate?

50 from Norway? GREAT effort!

Wayne - I had to try - We dont want any Dingles in the home areas, simple as that. :wstu:

Maybe admin can get his IP addy and send the post code to the club so that they can monitor the seat and ensure no dingles are in there. :angry:

50 from Norway? GREAT effort!

Wayne - I had to try - We dont want any Dingles in the home areas, simple as that. :wstu:

Maybe admin can get his IP addy and send the post code to the club so that they can monitor the seat and ensure no dingles are in there. :angry:

Look back a page Hughesy ... we allready have the seat details.

There will be some pubs open for certain, I know Darwen pubs will be if not.

People are saying Ewood arms and Fox & Hounds will be open but I wouldn't be certain tbh.

In 2005 3 of us went drinking in town adn ended up getting hearded to one pub as all the others were closed at a certain time, we were then all convoyed from town to Ewood just because we had been drinking in town. Just something to be weary off.

So are there many of the Norwegien supporters travelling over for this one mate?

The Fox and the Blues Bar are deffo open for the game.

Guys, hopefully Wayne will be on shortly to state that he's seen the error of his ways and will no longer be lending his ST to his Dingle mate.

I'm sure it's an error of judgement and nothing more malicious, no need to report to the club just yet and risk the guy losing his ST. Give him a chance to fix the thing himself first....

Guys, hopefully Wayne will be on shortly to state that he's seen the error of his ways and will no longer be lending his ST to his Dingle mate.

I'm sure it's an error of judgement and nothing more malicious, no need to report to the club just yet and risk the guy losing his ST. Give him a chance to fix the thing himself first....

Good speech. Hopefully he can learn by his mistake and carry on supporting the Rovers!

We are all guilty of making an error or two, some maybe not as obvious as others though...

Just been reading through this thread and I think people are being a bit pathetic about Wayne lending his season ticket to his mate who is a Burnley fan. This sort of thing happens all the time and he is lending it in good faith, so it is clear his mate is not going to cause any trouble. In my opinion it is a bit sad to go to the hassle of finding his seat number and potentially have his season ticket taken off him. Think some people on here need to grow up.

Just been reading through this thread and I think people are being a bit pathetic about Wayne lending his season ticket to his mate who is a Burnley fan. This sort of thing happens all the time and he is lending it in good faith, so it is clear his mate is not going to cause any trouble. In my opinion it is a bit sad to go to the hassle of finding his seat number and potentially have his season ticket taken off him. Think some people on here need to grow up.

do you want a dingle sat next to you on the 18th? It mustn't happen, we are not in the position that we can integrate opposition fans. It is also for his own safety and the safety of others around him that he does not sit on the Riverside.

Wayne has clearly stated his own seat number on this very messageboard for all to see. 2 months later telling everybody a dingle will be sat there is nothing but idiotic.

do you want a dingle sat next to you on the 18th? It mustn't happen, we are not in the position that we can integrate opposition fans. It is also for his own safety and the safety of others around him that he does not sit on the Riverside.

Wayne has clearly stated his own seat number on this very messageboard for all to see. 2 months later telling everybody a dingle will be sat there is nothing but idiotic.

If Wayne had kept quiet then no one is the wiser about his mate, however, it is clearly stupid to make such a statement on a Rovers message board saying you are giving your ticket to an opposition fan and more so to a fan of our most bitter rivals. Sitting in the home areas is stupid and leads to other people getting involved should the info become apparent. At the time of heightened tension and anxiety, this can manifest itself in usually only bad ways.

It would be sensible to withdraw the offer to his mate to ensure that no problems do occur.

do you want a dingle sat next to you on the 18th?

I wouldn't mind as long as he shut up and didn't cause any trouble. Wayne has clearly not been too bright here and, as mentioned earlier, it would be better if he admitted his mistake and said he wasn't going to lend his ticket out to his mate any more but the witch-hunt and all the "what seat do you sit in m8 just being friendly" snitching b*llocks is totally unnecessary.

Also, say his Burnley mate does go on his ticket anyway, how does anybody prove it?

Archived