BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone got a link to the article about the T-shirts?!

Couldn't find a link but I did fine this.

The reaction to the 5-0 shirts is here..

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124405580

My favourite comment is from someone called Numandroid:

“Give 'em their moment of glory. They've had nothing to shout about since!”

Nothing to shout about since?

Promotion

League Cup Winners

A couple of Premier League top 6 finishes

A few European qualifications

A couple of cup semi-finals

Not to mention beating them again since the 5-0 win

Looking good, but don't know how well tickets are selling in the family stand though as they have never been made available online... it's probably because it's not set up to apply the 1 adult, 1 junior policy properly.

Well I bought 3 adult tickets in the family stand at the ticket office on Monday. don't know whether they still enforce the one adult one child rule there anymore as most of the people I know who sit around us don't have kids. they've just sat there for years and haven't been told to move as they used to be.

Soory that sounds like they haven't actually left their seats. I mean they have kept the same seats from when they had kids with them

Good story for the LET, and no doubt lapped up by their target audience of Jeremy Kyle fodder.

But not true, generally speaking, even though you really want it to be [url="http://tiny.cc/WOkFB "]Not overly arsed[/url]..

Didn't quite see the relevance of that clip Sam, but no doubt you will be happy to enlighten us poor Roverites. The movie was crap, but the music sublime. Didn't recognise the piece, but it sounded very like Mendelssohn's style?? Wild guess: part of the Hebrides Overture?

Didn't quite see the relevance of that clip Sam, but no doubt you will be happy to enlighten us poor Roverites. The movie was crap, but the music sublime. Didn't recognise the piece, but it sounded very like Mendelssohn's style??

Perhaps it's our age Fife. I didn't get it either!

Just rung up the ticket office and managed to buy 4 in the Jack Walker lower near the Darwen End. Need another 2 though, will have to get my brother to buy them. Does anyone know if there are still a few left in the Jack Walker lower, my online planner aint working. Thanks.

Not decided but probably Everton

Some morons from moronmad

"It still rankles me but the best practical joke in football was their staying down banner from the plane.

The tee shirt is just a bit sad IMHO, but I suppose it stops them spending their money on smack for once."

"If this is official merchandise, it demonstrates a level of stupidity at the club that is beyond belief in view of efforts to keep the lid on possible problems"

"Sure some our fans will counter it with a 'Those were the Days, Ewood '83' t shirt!"

Not decided but probably Everton

Some morons from moronmad

"It still rankles me but the best practical joke in football was their staying down banner from the plane.

The tee shirt is just a bit sad IMHO, but I suppose it stops them spending their money on smack for once."

"If this is official merchandise, it demonstrates a level of stupidity at the club that is beyond belief in view of efforts to keep the lid on possible problems"

"Sure some our fans will counter it with a 'Those were the Days, Ewood '83' t shirt!"

Remind them about the blimp. That was hilarious. :lol:

My ticket arrived today, disappointed not to be in the BBE, but looking forward to the JW lower seat with a great view.

With the ticket there was a letter from Tom Finn going on about safety etc.

All this stuff feels well over the top, but I what do I know?

I missed the derby games a few years ago being out of the country but do people who went to them really feel that trouble was likely?

Are we making it into a much bigger deal than we should be (danger wise)?

Or are we being sensible?

[quote name='Blueandwhitemike' date='30 September 2009 - 02:49 PM'

I missed the derby games a few years ago being out of the country but do people who went to them really feel that trouble was likely?

Are we making it into a much bigger deal than we should be (danger wise)?

Or are we being sensible?

I've been to 3 out of the 4 games played during my life time. I've felt nothing but safe at all of them, but I think that is largely due to the way they were policed. Leave it to the experts as Sam would say!

Guest Wen Y Hu

Anyone got a link to the article about the T-shirts?!

Lancashire Telegraph, 30 Sept 2009

Blackburn Rovers putting their shirt on success in Burnley derby

"Blackburn Rovers have brought out a controversial new T-shirt ahead of the eagerly-anticipated derby clash with Burnley on October 18 which boasts about the club’s 5-0 victory in April 2001." Read the article

Don`t feel sorry for him. I know him, & he`s a c###! :lol:

The guy is a self publicist of immense proportions. He`s been on the 'weekest link' & other stuff on tv. He probably went to The Sun with this story himself. He loves being in the limelight.

He`ll be living off 'being in the sun' for ages now, so don`t feel sorry for this pr1ck.

He's just been on Talksport too

Lancashire Telegraph, 30 Sept 2009

Blackburn Rovers putting their shirt on success in Burnley derby

"Blackburn Rovers have brought out a controversial new T-shirt ahead of the eagerly-anticipated derby clash with Burnley on October 18 which boasts about the club’s 5-0 victory in April 2001." Read the article

I'm sure I'm in a minority but I find this whole T shirt thing a bit enbarrassing. Let's face it - it was 2001 when that happened and a lot has changed since then.

I just keep thinking that lots of fans could end up looking daft wearing them if the result on the 18th doesn't go to plan. Which, as we all know with our team - is a distinct possibilty.

Couldn't find a link but I did fine this.

The reaction to the 5-0 shirts is here..

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124405580

My favourite comment is from someone called Numandroid:

“Give 'em their moment of glory. They've had nothing to shout about since!”

Nothing to shout about since?

Promotion

League Cup Winners

A couple of Premier League top 6 finishes

A few European qualifications

A couple of cup semi-finals

Not to mention beating them again since the 5-0 win

Just had a look at that thread and the comment by loadsamoney "So you agree you are numb as a p*8s stone" has me in stitches :lol::lol:

Toilet humour, don't you just love it.

I'm sure I'm in a minority but I find this whole T shirt thing a bit enbarrassing. Let's face it - it was 2001 when that happened and a lot has changed since then.

I just keep thinking that lots of fans could end up looking daft wearing them if the result on the 18th doesn't go to plan. Which, as we all know with our team - is a distinct possibilty.

I agree completly.

We could well end up with a lot of egg on our faces.

Agreed - and this put me off buying one on Saturday.

He's just been on Talksport too

Yeah, i heard the pr1ck on Talksport too.

Before he came on air i txtd the show, asking them not to give this self publicist the airtime he craves.

I`ve known the guy for years. Years ago he got a Bumley club crest tattoo on his upper arm . It was waaay too big for his arm, as it went all the way round & nearly crossed over at the back :lol: When he proudly showed it off to his mates, one of them said "yeah, it`ll look ok once you grow into it!" :lol: Everyone p1ssed themselves laughing. He was not impressed :(

I think we've squabbled about everything there is to squabble about now. A slightly desperate t-shirt controversy (as the LET would have you believe) is scraping the barrel.

Roll on the 18th.

Sadly, I know I shouldn't but I tend to agree SD - as others have stated above - feels a bit of tempting fate for my liking.

Must admit, doesn't half wind your lot up though - what you got planned if and its a big if you manage to get something from the game - what town would you be twinning us with this time? :brfc:

Get away with you - that is not the positive mental attitude we need to be hearing.

ROVERS will win, have faith in the boys!

What's the problem with the t-shirt?

I don't think we should be made to wear sack cloth and ashes for ripping the ###### out of the Dingles, surely that is what the Big Man invented them for. If I still had my Blackburn Rovers Flying Club - Staying Down Forever t-shirt I would be wearing it with pride I can tell you.

Tickets arrived today - BRING EM ON!

Archived