BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there only one person taking the phones at the ticket office??? There doesn't seem to be a queueing system, just get the busy tone! The onerovers website isnt working either!

I got through via the switchboard which is 08717021875. At least that gets you into the Q although it still takes 5 minutes or so to get through. The ticket office line seems to be completely overloaded.

Can't wait.....BRING EM ON!

Mate has just got two tickets in the BBE lower, thought this was sold out?

I bought one in the BBE five minutes ago. Taken since 9.00 to get through. Seems the queue is dropping as I got through almost immediately having decided to give up after one last try

went down at lunch to ticket office and was able to get the tickets required for my non season ticket holding mates. there were other people there who were not able to obtain the amount of tickets they required. ie the woman at side of me asked for 4 and could only get 2. As far as i could see she walked away without purchasing any. This is the reason I think the game will not be a sell out. She was clearly a rovers fan, she was clearly buying for other rovers fans but the jobsworth ticket office lady would not let her have anymore. I understand the strict ticket policy, to stop dingles getting in, but a bit of discretion would not have gone a miss.

I asked if they had been selling well and was told there was a queue of about 30 at 9am, but other than that just a steady trickle.

So forget tickets being sold in a day and forget the darwen end upper being opened for rovers fans!

went down at lunch to ticket office and was able to get the tickets required for my non season ticket holding mates. there were other people there who were not able to obtain the amount of tickets they required. ie the woman at side of me asked for 4 and could only get 2. As far as i could see she walked away without purchasing any. This is the reason I think the game will not be a sell out. She was clearly a rovers fan, she was clearly buying for other rovers fans but the jobsworth ticket office lady would not let her have anymore. I understand the strict ticket policy, to stop dingles getting in, but a bit of discretion would not have gone a miss.

I asked if they had been selling well and was told there was a queue of about 30 at 9am, but other than that just a steady trickle.

So forget tickets being sold in a day and forget the darwen end upper being opened for rovers fans!

Why should the woman behind the ticket office window ignore the clear guidelines she's been given - and risk her job - in order to believe the story of someone she's never met before who suddenly wants 4 tickets?

If the "Rovers fans" in question haven't sorted themselves out with a buying history in the 5 months since the play off final (or bothered to respond to any of the amazing priced tickets on offer both before and since May) - then tough.

I'm sure there will be plenty of sob stories over the next week or so - but there really isn't any excuse for Rovers fans who wanted tickets for this game.

Same thing happened to me. Rang up for 4 but would only sell me two, I told her I had all 4 account numbers etc but in the end I had to settle for two. Luckily my mate was with me and I said, well if I pass you over to someone else can they buy 2 more, and she went yeah sure, too late though to sit together because the other transaction had already gone through. . . she couldve just said at the start!

Just listened to Tony Livesey on bbc radio iplayer, he was interviewing the match commandor what a cop out his question were nothing about why the burnley fans have to set a stupid time, and nothing about why most of the pubs in will be shut! Calls himself a presenter?

He did however mention that some Rovers and Burnley fans were planning to join together and walk to the ground.I hope they do in protest at the ridiclous state en-forced rules! Target the idoits don't tare everyone

Read something quite amusing this morning, to the effect of:

Burnley have lost their last FOUR away games with the following scores (in chronological order)

2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 and their next game is against us! What are the odds for a 6-0?

Walk together with Dingles?!

No thanks - who cares about what the police do to them to make them set off early etc....I hope they have an awful day, followed by a result which makes them rip up their own crap town!

Not for me either Hughesy. I'm sure they'll be going out of their way to accommodate us in the away fixture? I don't think so.

They wanna grow up and just get on with it.

All I'll be bothered about on the 18th October is getting myself back from Newcastle on time to get a few beers in before the game, I couldn't give a toss about the opposition support just like I couldn't care less about any opposition supporters who visit our ground.

The poor souls mustn't be used to getting up early in a morning other than Giro day.

Archived