BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

They need to open the Darwen End upper when the rest of the ground sells out that's for sure - even if they limit it to 1,000 or even 500.

The DE lower is ST holders only, so I presume the no mans land will be more on our side, if not it will look ridiculous with empty seats.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll post this here rather than bring the other Burnlah thread up.

Watching MOTD last night, I couldn't help noticing the 'row after row' of empty seats in the visitors section at Spurs. Whilst our away support is now only average at best, in the first several years after being promoted to the PL, we sold out the lower and upper sections at WHL with ease.

The cogs on the Burnlah propaganda support thingy have well and truly stuck. After previously paying around £20 for their Championship away day tickets, the reality of continually having to fork out £30 - £45 is hitting home.

I'll post this here rather than bring the other Burnlah thread up.

Watching MOTD last night, I couldn't help noticing the 'row after row' of empty seats in the visitors section at Spurs. Whilst our away support is now only average at best, in the first several years after being promoted to the PL, we sold out the lower and upper sections at WHL with ease.

The cogs on the Burnlah propaganda support thingy have well and truly stuck. After previously paying around £20 for their Championship away day tickets, the reality of continually having to fork out £30 - £45 is hitting home.

Exactly CLB.

Best supporters in the world.

Has anyone else noticed the pattern that has emerged for Burnley's away games this season?

Stoke 0-2

Chelsea 0-3

Liverpool 0-4

Spurs 0-5

Next away game vs Rovers Oct 18th. May just be wishful thinking but would be rather nice to extend the sequence.

Has anyone else noticed the pattern that has emerged for Burnley's away games this season?

Stoke 0-2

Chelsea 0-3

Liverpool 0-4

Spurs 0-5

Next away game vs Rovers Oct 18th. May just be wishful thinking but would be rather nice to extend the sequence.

I'd just take a win ;)

Got a horrid feeling it will be a 1-1 draw, they seem to struggle with the top 6 team's passing and movement, but their big defenders may be more accustomed to our more direct approach. If Roberts plays, I can see Bikey and Carlisle dealing with him, as they're physically equal/superior, and that is Roberts' main strength.

Di Santo could be the difference vs Burnley, if he plays I think we have a much better chance of winning. I'd be tempted to rest Dunn at Arsenal for the Burnley game, won't happen but Dunn would be so hyped up for that game, would hate to see him injured.

Bring em on

Must be season ticket holders buying them on line then...What Burnley fan would be stupid enough to try to get in the home end...I think they should make sure their insurance is up to date... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can someone tell me what the allocation for this game will be? I've been away on holiday for a month so not really had time to read other topics. I know Burnley will only get 3000 tickets, but will Rovers fans be seated in the Darwen End Lower, and are we allowed to purchase tickets for the Darwen End Lower.

Thanks in advance.

They'll be corps or freebies, therefore much harder to police.

Not sure about that. One of the options is behind the goal in the Blackburn end.

Which, by the by, I thought was full with season ticket holders?? Surely they club aren't allowing the family stand seats to go on open sale to anyone!

Could just be a scam? Watch out for touts outside the ground trying to buy your tickets...

So we'll have empty seats on the Sky cameras behind the goals? If we give Burnley 3000 then i'm sure we can squeeze a few more Rovers fans in the Darwen End Lower?

I was hoping that too - but the word from the club so far is that it wont be - suppose that could maybe change if the club sell out asap?!

These company's could well have bought season tickets, and/or be on the clubs database to buy single match tickets.

That is quite a lot of effort to go to. Honestly I can't see there being much demand from either sets of fans at £75 a ticket!

Stoke 0-2

Chelsea 0-3

Liverpool 0-4

Spurs 0-5

I am more concerned about our ability to end teams/players dismal runs. Clarrots so far are winless away and have not scored. Mmmm? Worriesome. 6-0 would suit me though to keep the nice sequence going

I think when tickets do sell out they should be going back to the police, 1,000ish Rovers fans in the DE upper isn't going to make any difference (even just a few hundred in the end block would be better than nothing!)

Large sections of the turd wont be left empty so why Ewood? :angry2: If genuine fans miss out when there is all those empty seats it will be disgraceful.

Im assuming that the empty seats in the Darwen End are purely for segregation, ie there wont be simply an empty block of seats, but rather that the Burnley fans will be situated in the middle of the upper tier with segregation netting around the sides and front, and more netting along the Darwen End lower tier towards the side nearest the Jack Walker stand. Because clearly Burnley or Rovers could sell an extra thousand or so tickets.

Archived