BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dingles won't be there as early as they are making out. Their first coaches depart at 10:15, it'll be the longest short journey they've ever made! They'll be in the ground for 2hrs max before the game so they are welcome to a few scoops at top wack prices on the Darren End.

We went to Stoke last season and got there 2hrs or so before kick off, it was great on the concourse!

The Fox and the Blues will be open, therefore I reckon the Aqueduct will open, not sure about the Ewood Arms. The Fernhurst will certainly be closed. It would be nice to have it for home fans for a change though.

Theres no need for setting off at that ridiculous time, the police only need to bus them in within an hour of the kick off.

60 plus busses ariving and offloading supporters should take a maximum of 45 minutes, absolutely no need to have them in the ground an hour or longer before kick off, absolutely no need whatsoever.

Theres no need for setting off at that ridiculous time, the police only need to bus them in within an hour of the kick off.

60 plus busses ariving and offloading supporters should take a maximum of 45 minutes, absolutely no need to have them in the ground an hour or longer before kick off, absolutely no need whatsoever.

60 or so coaches will take over an hour to get off the motorway and parked. The last lot will arrive over an hour later than the first lot. Leave the logistic arrangements to the professionals, they know what they are doing.

Up to now the Fox and Hounds at Ewood will be open. The police have requested that they don't open until 12, but the licence states they can open at 10... It will be open before and after the game.

Cheers morton appreciate the reply. Do you think they will be operating any sort of "regulars only" policy? Just seen this in a few places aswell. Was over 4 times last season and 3 the year before but can't exactly say we're regulars!

60 or so coaches will take over an hour to get off the motorway and parked. The last lot will arrive over an hour later than the first lot. Leave the logistic arrangements to the professionals, they know what they are doing.

Surely the coaches will offload, then go to the motorway services, park there until every coach has offloaded, then return to the back of the Darwen end to park awaiting full time.

Expect the first lot to be put upstairs with the later lot placed in the lower tier with the last in first out after the match.

I know he's a dingle, but I genuinely feel sorry for this lad. It's REALLY unnecessary!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2658960/Long-trip-for-a-drop-of-Claret.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

:rover: so it the telegraph last night,shame for the lad would be better going with his grandad to the match,as foor the dingles not getting tickets with the rovers fans,there were 2 in ridhton last night with tickets in the jack walker :brfcsmilie:

Cheers morton appreciate the reply. Do you think they will be operating any sort of "regulars only" policy? Just seen this in a few places aswell. Was over 4 times last season and 3 the year before but can't exactly say we're regulars!

It will be 1st come 1st served, he'll want to see match tickets that's about it.

Surely the coaches will offload, then go to the motorway services, park there until every coach has offloaded, then return to the back of the Darwen end to park awaiting full time.

Expect the first lot to be put upstairs with the later lot placed in the lower tier with the last in first out after the match.

It makes no odds really, there is room to park 60 coaches at the Darwen End and march the knuckledraggers into the ground. No need to be moving the coaches around.

It doesn't really matter that much to me as I'll be in the lusher until 12:45 then onto the BBE. Sod them.

It makes no odds really, there is room to park 60 coaches at the Darwen End and march the knuckledraggers into the ground. No need to be moving the coaches around.

It doesn't really matter that much to me as I'll be in the lusher until 12:45 then onto the BBE. Sod them.

As I struggle to walk any distance I pay over 300 quid to park in the Darwen end car park per season which is around 15 quid per game. I have had a letter telling me to find alternative arrangements for this game with no mention of any reimbursement. I will probably have to pay around a fiver to park elsewhere as well as having a fair old trek to the ground. Well sod it! my seat will remain empty and I will watch the match on TV

As I struggle to walk any distance I pay over 300 quid to park in the Darwen end car park per season which is around 15 quid per game. I have had a letter telling me to find alternative arrangements for this game with no mention of any reimbursement. I will probably have to pay around a fiver to park elsewhere as well as having a fair old trek to the ground. Well sod it! my seat will remain empty and I will watch the match on TV

Nothing like spitting your dummy out is there....

Contact the club...im sure there will be an alternative.

Why don't you ring the club and explain your situation. They may let you into the players car park or just give you your money back, which would then make you a bit happier.

I hear there is an artice on Victoria Derbyshire program on 5 live tomorrow Wednesday @ 10.30 regarding the arrangments for the game. If there is representives from the clubs and the police hopefully Victoria Derbyshire will be more direct than that clown Liversey on radio lancs on monday to the match commandor

Heading up from Dursley (near Stroud).

Do you go M4 to M5, or M5 via Ciren, Malmesbury, Tetbury, etc?

Yeah we're travelling up Saturday too, but we've all got footy that day, so not until about 6ish.

I go a417 past Ciren/Stroud etc then on to the M5.

I'll be well on the way by 6pm (infact I'll likely be there and p!ssed by then). Do you go often?

I know he's a dingle, but I genuinely feel sorry for this lad. It's REALLY unnecessary!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2658960/Long-trip-for-a-drop-of-Claret.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

Don`t feel sorry for him. I know him, & he`s a c###! :lol:

The guy is a self publicist of immense proportions. He`s been on the 'weekest link' & other stuff on tv. He probably went to The Sun with this story himself. He loves being in the limelight.

He`ll be living off 'being in the sun' for ages now, so don`t feel sorry for this pr1ck.

Don`t feel sorry for him. I know him, & he`s a c###! :lol:

The guy is a self publicist of immense proportions. He`s been on the 'weekest link' & other stuff on tv. He probably went to The Sun with this story himself. He loves being in the limelight.

He`ll be living off 'being in the sun' for ages now, so don`t feel sorry for this pr1ck.

Fine. I feel sorry for people in similar predicaments. Better?

Just a quick question, are Darwen End tickets not on sale to home fans for this game then? The only rovers fans in there will be the season ticker holders?

I`ve got a letter from the club stating 'no tickets will be on sale in the Darwen End'.

It is Season Ticket holders only i`m affraid :(

The club are probably thinking all the local Ed-the-balls & potential trouble-makers will want to be as near as possible to the returds. I`d try the JW Lower (DE corner) if you want any banter with the Yorkshire folk ;)

Is it better to ring up and buy tickets? The website says tickets will be sold on a like for like basis. Last season I bought 2 sets of 5 tickets, along with orders of 3,4 etc throughout the season. However, when purchasing online it says that there is no allocation left for me after I've put 1 ticket in the basket. I was wanting 5 tickets for mates, as I am a season ticket holder.

Rovers fans have known about this game since June 17th so I dont understand why people are questionning the ticket allocation for the game.

It is very clear that anyone who wanted to ensure a ticket for the game should have at least been to any of the 3 games already played at Ewood this season or should have gone for the cheap season ticket and therefore almost guaranteeing a ticket.

On the 18th I will get up and have the mother of all English breakfasts, sink a couple of lagers to wash it down and then make to a pub somewhere in Leyland. An hour or so before kick off the wife will drop me and my mate at Ewood where we can enjoy the game.

After a positive result, its to the Hordens for a few and the afternoon match (if its on Brownie) and then an early evening curry in Blackburn before an early night.

One thing is for sure, there is NO WAY I could sit and watch this match on the tv.

AS A ROVER YOU SIMPLY HAVE TO BE AT EWOOD PARK.

Archived