BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

What's the problem with the t-shirt?

I don't think we should be made to wear sack cloth and ashes for ripping the ###### out of the Dingles, surely that is what the Big Man invented them for. If I still had my Blackburn Rovers Flying Club - Staying Down Forever t-shirt I would be wearing it with pride I can tell you.

Tickets arrived today - BRING EM ON!

Nothing wrong with the t-shirt whatsoever, infact i bought one on Saturday.

I just think the timing is all wrong.

I wont be wearing mine until after the game, that is if we have won.

They dont need much motivation to beat us, Owen Coyle only needs to pin it on the dressing room wall.

Whereas i am wondering where ours is going to come from, Dunny yeh, but who else?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morten is mad for it too, isn't he?

IIRC there was an article recently where he said people outside the clubs don't realise how big a game it is.

I'm sure all the players will understand that it is huge and be aware of all the fuss already surrounding the game, so I'm not worried about our players' motivation.

Nothing wrong with the t-shirt whatsoever, infact i bought one on Saturday.

I just think the timing is all wrong.

I wont be wearing mine until after the game, that is if we have won.

They dont need much motivation to beat us, Owen Coyle only needs to pin it on the dressing room wall.

Whereas i am wondering where ours is going to come from, Dunny yeh, but who else?

Owen Coyle can pin it on his aXXX as far as I am concerned.

Watch the DVD and notice a common theme. They fold before us. Pressure seems to tell on them before us.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

PS Bought the t shirt also Hee Hee Hee

I'm sure I'm in a minority but I find this whole T shirt thing a bit enbarrassing. Let's face it - it was 2001 when that happened and a lot has changed since then.

I just keep thinking that lots of fans could end up looking daft wearing them if the result on the 18th doesn't go to plan. Which, as we all know with our team - is a distinct possibilty.

I just hope our players don't go into the game with the same attitude as you. It's a bit of fun, it obviously still hurts the dingles and we should sport our t-shirts on the 18th!

Some people seem to be ready to roll over just because the knuckledraggers have had a couple of lucky wins.

Where would that be? Rhoden?

Chances of me making this Christening are looking less and less likely!

Don't think its Rhoden but there is one definately going to be open, im sure it will get spoken about a bit closer to the game.

I think there is more chance of Elvis singing on Karaoke in Golden Cross on the 18th than you going the christening!

Blackburn home record - P4 W2 D1 L1 F5 A4

Burnley away record - P4 W0 D0 L4 F0 A14

If we put the same effort in that we did against Villa - we win. Simple as that.

We shouldnt get carried away, otherwise we undermine ourselves by thinking its going to be easy.

We need to adjust the mindset to thinking its going to be a very difficult game, then, and only then, will we be in with a chance.

It's important that we realise this isn't going to be anything like the last time we played them. New players, new manager and riding the wave of promotion still. On paper we should win but Eric seems to have an irritating habit of making them perform when it matters.

Then again they could get tonked at home to Big Club this weekend!

FFS Think positive!!!

What we write on here will have absolutely no impact of the result of this game. There's nothing we can do, it's in Sam and the players hands. We should remember that equally in victory as we do in defeat.

What we write on here will have absolutely no impact of the result of this game. There's nothing we can do, it's in Sam and the players hands. We should remember that equally in victory as we do in defeat.

It won't do any harm us being positive in the build up and on the day though. We need to be positive from the off and be the twelfth man.

The Rhoden, I can't beleive I've lived in Ossy for 5yrs now and only found The Rhoden a couple of months back!

Fox and Hounds before the dingle game though.

Only reopened a few months back though. Its our usual meet place now and then for a Saturday game at 10am other than Calder!

It won't do any harm us being positive in the build up and on the day though. We need to be positive from the off and be the twelfth man.

Attitude in the stadium is key, I agree. What's written on the messageboard isn't worth anyone getting their knickers in a twist over.

Happens every derby game - people worry about them.

Change your attitudes, be positive and inspire the players to that win - WE WILL WIN, WE ARE THE BETTER CLUB - ITS NOT 30+ years for nothing!! :brfc:

Certainly not worried about them but more our supporters, the ones who seem to think it will be a walk in the park, very dangerous. High expectations can lead to a fall so lets keep our feet on the ground and show our support for the team and then enjoy what comes our way.

Certainly not worried about them but more our supporters, the ones who seem to think it will be a walk in the park, very dangerous. High expectations can lead to a fall so lets keep our feet on the ground and show our support for the team and then enjoy what comes our way.

Nobody has said it will be a walk in the park, there are no easy games in the Premier League. Some of us agree that wee should be positive about it rather than going into the game with our tails between our legs.

Personally I can't wait for the game, I'm excited at the prospect of meeting that lot again, and I am quietly confident, as I was against Wolves, that we will get something more than a point out of the game.

Dunny for the captaincy v the dingles.

Archived