BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

Maybe they're just grown ups who want to go to a match without having to be herded by police for 7 hours for a game 10 miles away.

Try reading the thread, as a reasonable adult. The idea on there is a good one.

A better idea for you simpletons would be to go on the free travel provided, make it easier for everybody involved and we can all have a good day out.

I'll be travelling from Newcastle for the game, it would be just like you imbeciles to block all the roads with your horse and carts the morning of the game. Then again there's only 3000 of you so it wont really cause that many problems!

So instead of 'being herded by police' (on decent free coaches straight to the ground, onto the concourse for a few ales, then enjoy the game, then a free ride home...) You idiots would be prepared to WALK 12 MILES to prove a point.

That'll show 'em Sam.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just received a letter from the club regarding the Bumley game.

It says

1 no matchday sales are permitted for Darwen End (including ST holders purchasing extras)

2 You must use 'R' turnstiles (DE ST holders)

3 You must gain access via rear of riverside

There is a map of ground showing police cordon around Darwen End (Jack Walker side)

Just received a letter from the club regarding the Bumley game.

It says

1 no matchday sales are permitted for Darwen End (including ST holders purchasing extras)

2 You must use 'R' turnstiles (DE ST holders)

3 You must gain access via rear of riverside

There is a map of ground showing police cordon around Darwen End (Jack Walker side)

BTW, that`s near enough word for word my suggestions in my email to Tom Finn ;)

(i should be head of security at Ewood) <_<

The plan is for all existing Rovers ST holders in the Darwen End to use the lower tier, around 1,100 people and the upper tier half above is to remain empty. No DE tickets will be made available for purchase. So it may be a bit lonely in there for us Cletus!

Attendance is therefore likely to be no more than around 26~27K.

On the official site it seems if you've purchased a ticket for ONE home game either this or last season you can get a ticket for Burnley at home. So if they want they can buy a ticket for the Villa game at home and then get a ticket in the home end against us if they do sell out??

Have been hearing from Burnley fans that there allocation is for the upper tier only 2880.

On our official site today it states tickets for The DE will be for ST holders only, which I believe is around 1000.

4000 empty seats and 1500 dingles directly above DE ST holders. :rolleyes:

Maybe the 10 mile walk to Ewood on other MB's (both sets of supporters together) being planned is not such a bad idea after all. ;)

Have been hearing from Burnley fans that there allocation is for the upper tier only 2880.

On our official site today it states tickets for The DE will be for ST holders only, which I believe is around 1000.

4000 empty seats and 1500 dingles directly above DE ST holders. :rolleyes:

Maybe the 10 mile walk to Ewood on other MB's (both sets of supporters together) being planned is not such a bad idea after all. ;)

If you read the fans forum minutes which have been published on the official site you will see that the club has confirmed that Burnley will have the Jack Walker half of the Darwen End.

The lower tier towards the Riverside will have Rovers fans in and the top tier that side will be empty.

I have read the fans forum including the post on here days after the meeting, which stated the end would be split in two.

I was posting what has come to light since, true or not.

"Access to the WEC Darwen End Stand for home fans will be limited to WEC Darwen End Stand season ticket holders only". From our official site.

Which means only 1000 correct.

Burnley fans have been told when contacting there T/O, tickets are for the Upper tier maybe something has changed since the forum, yet again.

Unless they are releasing the lower tier after the upper has all sold.

Either way there is still going to be 4000 empty seats, of course that will be a bonus for some.

I recall last season or the season before that we welcomed a local regiment back who had just returned from a tour on duty. It was in my opinion a fitting tribute to these brave young lads, to acknowledge from a locally assembled group of civilians, their fine contribution.

After watching the extremely touching Wounded programs this week on the BBC, it struck me that the Burnley game would be a very suitable match to do something similar again. Lancastrians together backing their brave armed forces. Just an idea and without any comment on the rights or wrongs of the politicians who send them to Afghanistan.

I have read the fans forum including the post on here days after the meeting, which stated the end would be split in two.

I was posting what has come to light since, true or not.

"Access to the WEC Darwen End Stand for home fans will be limited to WEC Darwen End Stand season ticket holders only". From our official site.

Which means only 1000 correct.

Burnley fans have been told when contacting there T/O, tickets are for the Upper tier maybe something has changed since the forum, yet again.

Unless they are releasing the lower tier after the upper has all sold.

Either way there is still going to be 4000 empty seats, of course that will be a bonus for some.

As a member of the Fans Forum and the man who wrote the minutes, this is what has been agreed: -

Burnley fans will get the Jack Walker side of the Darwen End, both Upper and Lower tier - 3,000 tickets. (Rovers will get 2,400 seats in the Cricket Field Stand for the return game).

All tickets to Burnley fans will be sold only with a bus ticket. (It's not clear whether the tickets will only be given out on the bus, making sure everyone has to come by bus, as that's down to Burnley. That is what will happen with the away fixture in March for Rovers fans though).

The Fernhurst pub will be closed on the day, so all Burnley fans will go straight into the ground.

Rovers fans will occupy the Riverside side of the lower tier of the Darwen End with a segregation gap in the middle. That side of the upper tier will be left empty.

There was no comment at the Forum about whether match tickets would be available for Rovers fans in the Darwen End, so it's quite believable that only current season ticket holders will be allowed in there. With Burnley fans in the other side and segregation there won't be room for many more than the 1,000 ST holders anyway.

Rovers fans will not be able to transfer their season tickets to the Darwen End for this game (You can do it for any other game, allowing you to sit with mates coming on a match basis)

All this means that there will be about 4,000 tickets available for purchase for the game, mostly in the Jack Walker Stand. To get one you have to be on Rovers database and have bought a home match ticket either this season or last.

All this has been agreed with Burnley and the police and was stated by Tom Finn at the Fans Forum.

If anyone feels like making up any other wild rumours please fell free.

As a member of the Fans Forum and the man who wrote the minutes, this is what has been agreed: -

Burnley fans will get the Jack Walker side of the Darwen End, both Upper and Lower tier - 3,000 tickets. (Rovers will get 2,400 seats in the Cricket Field Stand for the return game).

All tickets to Burnley fans will be sold only with a bus ticket. (It's not clear whether the tickets will only be given out on the bus, making sure everyone has to come by bus, as that's down to Burnley. That is what will happen with the away fixture in March for Rovers fans though).

The Fernhurst pub will be closed on the day, so all Burnley fans will go straight into the ground.

Rovers fans will occupy the Riverside side of the lower tier of the Darwen End with a segregation gap in the middle. That side of the upper tier will be left empty.

There was no comment at the Forum about whether match tickets would be available for Rovers fans in the Darwen End, so it's quite believable that only current season ticket holders will be allowed in there. With Burnley fans in the other side and segregation there won't be room for many more than the 1,000 ST holders anyway.

Rovers fans will not be able to transfer their season tickets to the Darwen End for this game (You can do it for any other game, allowing you to sit with mates coming on a match basis)

All this means that there will be about 4,000 tickets available for purchase for the game, mostly in the Jack Walker Stand. To get one you have to be on Rovers database and have bought a home match ticket either this season or last.

All this has been agreed with Burnley and the police and was stated by Tom Finn at the Fans Forum.

If anyone feels like making up any other wild rumours please fell free.

As I said previously I am aware and have read the above minutes from the meeting.

Ill leave it at that.

On another note, a large number of supporters are getting together as FOOTBALL FANS to show a united front in the way that the clubs/police have chose to implement policies for travel to our derby matches.

I'm not in any way involved in either starting this campaign or in it's organization, no shooting the messenger.

Some will be totally against it for various reasons, most of which have all been aired in the topics where this all started, so ne need for a debate on here.

You are either for it or against, which will dictate your support.

The main concerns are the compulsory transport, (the freedom to travel to a match, have a pint with mates, people coming from out of town who now can't make the journey because public transport services on a Sunday mean they can't get to the pick up point in time.) many other points are in the topic link.

I have been asked to post a couple of links.

The first is the banner under which they will walk and is still being worked on (tweaking) the second to the topic where it all started.

Banner

Topic

Job done. Im out of here before the shells start dropping. :D

we will be able to access the riverside by going past the darwen end, will we have to go via the blackburn end?

No you have to access via Riverside end as a fortress will be built at the 'burnley side' of the darwin end.

Treat people like animals they will behave like....?

No you have to access via Riverside end as a fortress will be built at the 'burnley side' of the darwin end.

Treat people like animals they will behave like....?

Indeed they will be in the ground 3 hours before kick off. Depart burnley 9.15, 20 min drive to ewood park into ground by 10am. what are they suppose to do for 3 hours god only knows.

You would think the games being played in kabul.

When we played them in the Fa cup they were given the whloe stand & could travel however they wanted train, car etc, there was no major problems & now they have to get club travel leaving @ 9.15 into ground by 10. 3 hours of doin what??? completely over the top, i for one think that if you treat people like cattle they will behave likewise.

There should be a protest about treating them like this & no doubt we will get the same treatment when we go to Burnley!

I fully understand that the police and other authorities have to keep the peace, but they did this in the FA cup when Burnley came to town without leaving at stupid O'clock,

So the Burnley fans are going to march to Ewood eh?...so what happens if 100's of ticketless Burnley fans turn up at Ewood?,the Police have already stated that NO fan will be allowed within the vacinity of Ewood without a ticket.What happens if this march is hijacked by idiots from both sides?....you really have a situation on your hands then!

It is being planned so hundreds of ticketless fans arriving at Ewood will take their chance and hopefully force the Police's hand into letting them into our stadium....nothing more nothing less.

The idea is a sweet but ill thought out one,Clarrots and Wovers hand in hand down Bolton Rd.....WHAT UTTER BULL! :rolleyes:

So the Burnley fans are going to march to Ewood eh?...so what happens if 100's of ticketless Burnley fans turn up at Ewood?,the Police have already stated that NO fan will be allowed within the vacinity of Ewood without a ticket.What happens if this march is hijacked by idiots from both sides....you really have a situation on your hands then!

I

The idea is a sweet one,Clarrots and Wovers hand in hand down Bolton rd.....WHAT UTTER BULL!

Was there any mojor problems when they came to town in the FA cup? , they were in town from 12 noon and there was no mojor problems

Read the post again,I am talking about the problem of possibly 100's of ticketless 'fans' turning up at Ewood......what happens then?

YOU HAVE A SITUATION ON YOUR HANDS.

Why cant Burnley fans just except the decisions made? why not the fuss from Rovers fans? :rock:

Im a rovers fan i wouldnt like to be treated like cattle like they are

So the Burnley fans are going to march to Ewood eh?...so what happens if 100's of ticketless Burnley fans turn up at Ewood?,the Police have already stated that NO fan will be allowed within the vacinity of Ewood without a ticket.What happens if this march is hijacked by idiots from both sides?....you really have a situation on your hands then!

It is being planned so hundreds of ticketless fans arriving at Ewood will take their chance and hopefully force the Police's hand into letting them into our stadium....nothing more nothing less.

The idea is a sweet but ill thought out one,Clarrots and Wovers hand in hand down Bolton Rd.....WHAT UTTER BULL! :rolleyes:

This only came to light last night, there are people on both sides working on the details.

Two members one from each club have already been contacted by 5 live, other media sources are also being contacted.

It may develop it may not depending on the organization, we'll see.

ROVERSFC :D

This only came to light last night, there are people on both sides working on the details.

Two members one from each club have already been contacted by 5 live, other media sources are also being contacted.

It may develop it may not depending on the organization, we'll see.

Uve lost me could you explain?

Archived