BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Out of interest why are we suddenly going on about Burnleys attendances, is it just because for years we've taken stick from the bigger boys about it?

All seems a bit pointless

Cut and paste from claretsmad:-

[i]Saying he struggled to get out of bed for training knowing even if he made the bench he wouldn't be sent on.....

Came across as trying to burn some bridges to me with his comments, trying to get as far away from that place as possible....

[/i]

Also says that after todays game ha said he didn't want to play for them again.

Not heard these comments myself you understand, anyway if he scores a few goals like todays we won't be able to afford him unless he takes a massive pay cut.

Yeah, he might have said that on Claretsmad, but my I'm only telling you what he said on skysports Yorky.

did we lose our 3 away games?

I was at the 3-3 draw at Palace and the 1-0 win at Arsenal. I think I was on holiday when we won 2-0 at Coventry to go top.

If Nugent continues to do the biz and is on a half season deal at t'Turf, he could be an option for us in January should Chelsea recall Di Santo.

Nugent's two goals showed more attacking flair from Burnley than I've seen all season from Rovers. How often have we broken down the wing and put a decent ball into the box?

I was at the 3-3 draw at Palace and the 1-0 win at Arsenal. I think I was on holiday when we won 2-0 at Coventry to go top.

If Nugent continues to do the biz and is on a half season deal at t'Turf, he could be an option for us in January should Chelsea recall Di Santo.

Philip doing what he does best!

carrot.jpg

did we lose our 3 away games?

Nope..... but we lost our 4th home game to Everton so only the mighty Brum stand between the Dingles and Premier league immortality. :rolleyes:

Who knows the future? The team and their incredible home support (or do I mean 'newly discovered'?) are obviously on course to win every one of their Prem home matches so if they could only manage to pick up a few away points and stop letting zillions of goals in they may even become the first team who play in claret to win the Prem........... ^_^

Truth is Sunderland must be kicking themselves and Bruce will be livid....... from what I have seen the dingles are a poor side with a poor squad and an almost empty tank that is currently running on the vapours of last season. But as they say you make your own luck, and any team is only as good as it's last result. To date we have seen some really good but flash in the pan goals from Blake and Nugent, some idiotic defending from the opposing teams with Billy Big Time attitudes, a run of streaky missed pens by other teams countered by nothing more than a simple bucketfull of enthusiasm, otherwise our neighbours would be down near the bottom. Their defence will be their downfall imo.

Definitely not.

How come so many of you seem to be obsessed about a few empty seats? Have you never had any?

I seem to remember returds who`ve visited this board over the years banging on, saying stuff like "If we were in the prem, we`d sell out every week.....cos we`re a proper football town blah blah blah...."

Well :rolleyes: .....now after all the hype during the summer months, little old Bumley football club & it`s greatest fans in the world cannot walk the walk......all those 'proper' fans who crept out the woodwork for a trip to Wembley have disappeared back whence they came......until their next Wembley trip maybe??? :huh:

I also remember all this bravado happening back in 2000, when we got relegated & the returds got promoted. We`d both be in the same league, Bumley would get bigger crowds, they`d teach us a footballing lesson, the gap would be closing blah blah blah (do you remember it?? :huh:).....Granted, they had a good start that season.....until Rovers rolled into town before Christmas & taught you the lesson in football. Then i seem to remember your season going t1ts up, whilst our season started that day at the Dingle-dome.

Well, now we`re in the same league again, you`ve had a decent start & you still cannot "sell all your tickets".....like you boasted you would.

I can forsee the same thing happening again. Bumley have rode their luck in all 3 home wins & have been battered in all 3 away games. The Rovers game is coming up soon. I predict Rovers will give you a proper good hiding at the Ewood game, your season will go into free-fall, your fans will be disgruntled & when we roll into town next year we will administer the final coup de gras & little old Bumleys premier league adventure will be over.......& you will smash your town up again.

It`ll be like a Yorkshire groundhog day ;)

Good result today, cant see you being relegated now, should be a breeze for the rest of the season.

I agree about noo relegation for them. The main worry for them is keeping their manager......wonder what odds I can get on Coyley still being there at season end?

He's had one good game in... how many years?

He was bloody good when at PNE and scored consistently for them. OK only Championship, but he still showed a goal scorers instincts which is why he got his England cap, and Pompey signed him. They then decided to ignore him completely, hence his paucity of goals recently.

You couldn't clear a couple of things up could you..

1) Is the gap still closing?

2) Is this a good thing or not now?

Where`s your trophies?......You haven`t any.

Where`s your massive support?......You said you`d get one if/when you got into the prem. It hasn`t materialised.

Where`s your fabulous ground?......It`s a sh1t-hole.

Granted, you are above us in the league at the moment, but it won`t last.

You`ve got one thing & one thing only keeping you in your elevated position......Eric Coyle......& he won`t hang around long. The first decent premier league job to come available & he`ll be off.

The gap is still massive Sam. When you can show us trophies & pedigree come back & we`ll chat. Until then, fook off & play with your sister in the bath ;)

Bumley are a nothing club.

Chelsea are almost certain to recall Di Santo come January. Chelsea today brought on a youth reserve player, Fabio Borini against Spuds. I'm pretty sure they will want Di Santo on their bench instead.

Where`s your trophies?......You haven`t any.

Where`s your massive support?......You said you`d get one if/when you got into the prem. It hasn`t materialised.

Where`s your fabulous ground?......It`s a sh1t-hole.

Granted, you are above us in the league at the moment, but it won`t last.

You`ve got one thing & one thing only keeping you in your elevated position......Eric Coyle......& he won`t hang around long. The first decent premier league job to come available & he`ll be off.

The gap is still massive Sam. When you can show us trophies & pedigree come back & we`ll chat. Until then, fook off & play with your sister in the bath ;)

Bumley are a nothing club.

That was too easy.

All that was missing was 'I'd love it if we beat them, love it'.

Archived