BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

I agree about noo relegation for them. The main worry for them is keeping their manager......wonder what odds I can get on Coyley still being there at season end?

Having had no interest in going to his heros, Celtic, I can't see why he would have any interest in any job outside the big 5 or 6 and just don't think he has done enough to interest them yet so I'll give you evens on a pint if you like.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the million dollar question ....

Would you rather do the double of Burnley and get relegated....or lose twice and stay up?

Would have to be lose twice and stay up.

They would be two of the toughest games to ever have to get through as a Rovers fan. Not as bad as the Palace play-off final in 1989 but close...

As for Burnley...fair play to them. After over three decades outside the top flight they are finally back there and giving it their all. A tad reminiscent of 1992 when we were back for the first time in quarter of a century. It will not last too long as without being able to compete financially it never does but I am not surprised they are lapping it up.

Come the day at Ewood however and it will be time to wipe those smiles off their faces.

You're not related to him are you ? Tell me what he's got that Derbyshire hasn't got ?

A full England cap. And no I'm not related to him, just right about him.

You sure? Thought we only had him 'till January. Understand he has said he doesn't want to go back tho.

Sorry-- you're correct.

"Bumley are a nothing club."

What does that actually mean? Are you a "nothing club" if you've not won the Premier League inside the last 10 years? Or does the timeframe go back just far enough to include Rovers as a "something club"? At what point to Rovers join the majority of English football clubs as being placed in your category of "nothing"?

Also.........why............ are.......... your.......... posts............. littered.......... with............. full............ stops?

Chris McCann is ruled out for up to 3 months with a medial ligament injury, this is good news as there squad will be stretched with a few more injuries.

Classy. Sort of sums up what you've been reduced to now.

No need to worry however, there's good back-up. We'll not be fielding the likes of Keith Andrews in our first XI just yet.

About as pitiful as a post can get.

As pitiful as your supporters singing sings about Jack Walker dying of a heart attack? :rolleyes::huh:

(Btw, he didn't even die of a heart attack, but don't let the facts get in the way of a crap song <_< )

I am Rovers through and through, and I feel the sniping Burnley fans have to endure quite, frankly, childish. My d*ick is bigger then yours etc, perfect liners of a kiddy sling match in the school yard.

I've not vented my frustration, but Rovers at this current moment have absolutely no right to taunt Burnley fans. We wilted at the sight Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool, when the Dingles conjure much commitment not to quake in their pants and instead, tackle those purported hotshots. Unlike our boys.

So what if we have a more illustrious history - certainly our history didn't help us NOT to roll over against the big boys.

:huh: i know scumley fans are well known for there 6 fingers and inbreeding,but sunday was the 1st time i had it in the neck of a dingle,jesus i thought thet would have 9pts in december,they are 25% of there way to safety,i'm dumfounded and i worry how lardarse is going to motavate our team off johnny foriegners when we play the dingles,btw anyone hear carlisle on talksport sunday morning -_-

And as sure as night follows day the Burnley boys appear after their win. :rolleyes:

BTW...YOU'VE ONLY GOT ONE SONG! :lol:

Harsh Simon - I came on after both the Chelsea and Liverpool games.

Would have to be lose twice and stay up.

They would be two of the toughest games to ever have to get through as a Rovers fan. Not as bad as the Palace play-off final in 1989 but close...

As for Burnley...fair play to them. After over three decades outside the top flight they are finally back there and giving it their all. A tad reminiscent of 1992 when we were back for the first time in quarter of a century. It will not last too long as without being able to compete financially it never does but I am not surprised they are lapping it up.

Come the day at Ewood however and it will be time to wipe those smiles off their faces.

Not sure I agree with the last line of that but the rest, well its a refreshing post to read. If any of you Rovers fans think we at Burnley are under any illusion that we will have anything but a long hard slog this season, an arduous journey that is most likely to end in relegation you are wrong. Does that mean we should not enjoy our little victories along the way? There will be more of the Liverpool/Chelsea type results than the ManU/Everton/Sunderland ones but when those good days come, I'll enjoy them whilst not letting the inevitable drubbings get me down. There are only 2 games this season where us getting a drubbing will really hurt, you know which they are but I promise you that no matter what the result when we play you I will come on here and accept the stick should it be merited, I hope you will accept my smugness should we manage what you think is impossible and win.

"Bumley are a nothing club."

What does that actually mean? Are you a "nothing club" if you've not won the Premier League inside the last 10 years? Or does the timeframe go back just far enough to include Rovers as a "something club"? At what point to Rovers join the majority of English football clubs as being placed in your category of "nothing"?

Also.........why............ are.......... your.......... posts............. littered.......... with............. full............ stops?

1454585_c5eb_625x625.jpg

BOING!!!!!!

Aye up! It`s Jack in a box once more! :tu:

The returds must`ve won a game! That`s the only time he pops up.

Owd Jack stays quiet when they get beat, then miraculously re-appears when they win.

muppet! :lol::lol:

Remember last time we played in the league? First game they were above us, then we did them 2-0 and placed them below us, where they belong.

I've got a big problem with Burnley. Previously i thought of them as Jack straw said as an irrelevance. However, here they are doing well in the league and my daughter has just found herself a nice boyfriend who is however, a Burnley fan. I can't ban her from seeing him as she is over 21 and independent, so how do i cope?

I've got a big problem with Burnley. Previously i thought of them as Jack straw said as an irrelevance. However, here they are doing well in the league and my daughter has just found herself a nice boyfriend who is however, a Burnley fan. I can't ban her from seeing him as she is over 21 and independent, so how do i cope?

It seems that she does not aspire to the finer things in life. ;)

Don't let him in the house!

Legally disown her, kill him, kill her :blink:

Support your daughter unconditionally. Have him over for BBQs on a regular basis. These should be timed to occur when the Rovers are playing on your television. While cheering on the Rovers, be sure never to mention Burnley, either in a positive (you don't want to lie) or negative (likely) light. Maybe you'll convert him, best case. Worst case you will have laid the groundwork for ensuring that possible grandchildren (if you daughter makes a big mistake and marries the boy) become Rovers fans while sitting on grandad's knee.

Archived