BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another home win, another 3 points and it is all just luck?

Ah well, if that is the case so be it. Thats 9 points on the board so far, maybe Derbies record is safe after all?

By the way did you hear the chanting of bring on the @#/?s? Still, you lot are already recording the 2 games against us as 6 points in the bag aren't you? You better hope we don't get 'lucky' again.

Ah well, if that is the case so be it. Thats 9 points on the board so far, maybe Derbies record is safe after all?

By the way did you hear the chanting of bring on the @#/?s? Still, you lot are already recording the 2 games against us as 6 points in the bag aren't you? You better hope we don't get 'lucky' again.

I heard the "no nay never" Longsiders. Are you lot thick, or what?

Oh and you had three shots on target all game - one of them a penalty. Every game you have played you have been out performed by the opposition - but you are picking up points and that's all that matters.

Full credit to you. Champions League next season then?

As for 6 points for us, I think that's a bit of wishful thinking but when you record two victories against us then you can come on here and spout off. Until then I suggest you enjoy your decent start.

And as sure as night follows day the Burnley boys appear after their win. :rolleyes:

BTW...YOU'VE ONLY GOT ONE SONG! :lol:

How did we lose to Sunderland? They're awful. Another lower-mid table finish for them this year.

I think Sunderland are actually quite a good side with a rubbish defence. THey will do alright this year once the forwards gel. Their midfield is good. I will be suprised if they don't finish top half.

Burnley are also a good team with a shaky defence. However, luckily we are just the sort of team to give them real problems. We are more athletic, defensively solid, and we will test their backline repeatedly. I will be amazed if they beat us at Ewood.

Burnley are also a good team with a shaky defence.

Exact opposite.

Their strength is their defence Joey. They're pretty poor elsewhere IMO.

I'VE BEEN SAYING FOR MONTHS THAT WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED NUGENT.

We'll see 47er.

Brilliant header for his first goal, but poor marking. He'll never get more room than he got for the second one. There were 4 defenders around him and he didn't get close to being tackled.

Awful defending from Sunderland for all three goals. - and how Anton Ferdinand has lasted in the Prem for so long is beyond me.

Get on your own site dingle.

Derby's *

I heard you weren't even that good today, if it wasn't for that stupid penalty it would have been a different game.

• Backroom
Awful defending from Sunderland for all three goals. - and how Anton Ferdinand has lasted in the Prem for so long is beyond me.

You can only assume it's because he's Rio's brother and they think that he has similar potential. He's a liability for Sunderland much of the time.

• Backroom

Fair play to Burnley you can only beat who you're against on the day, we have failed to beat a poorer West Ham and got beat by the same Sunderland team.

They have had some luck and adrenaline is with them at present, I see them finishing about 13th then struggling more next season.

Nugent isn't a bad signing at all and is more likely to bag a goal than most of our strikers at present sadly.

You sure? Thought we only had him 'till January. Understand he has said he doesn't want to go back tho.

He actually said he would be happy to go back.

Reading between the lines though, he's also happy to be back in the NW. and for sure he'd stay if he was wanted, if you could afford him and if you stay up.

He actually said he would be happy to go back.

Reading between the lines though, he's also happy to be back in the NW. and for sure he'd stay if he was wanted, if you could afford him and if you stay up.

Cut and paste from claretsmad:-

[i]Saying he struggled to get out of bed for training knowing even if he made the bench he wouldn't be sent on.....

Came across as trying to burn some bridges to me with his comments, trying to get as far away from that place as possible....

[/i]

Also says that after todays game ha said he didn't want to play for them again.

Not heard these comments myself you understand, anyway if he scores a few goals like todays we won't be able to afford him unless he takes a massive pay cut.

Archived