BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

and if you weren't a season ticket holder, you would be banned for life. The clubs argument there, doesn't really hold up does it Cletus?

That's not the point Den. What I presume the club want is to minimise any chance of trouble on the day as it could land them in lots of problems with the League and FA. It will be no great consolation if Rovers can ban any fans that cause trouble at this match because they will already have done it, in front of live cameras and with a media looking for any excuse to kick us.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 weeks, and the town and surrounding area is fast approaching fever pitch. It's like a cup final is looming, but this is so much bigger. Defeat is unthinkable; although many are beginning to question whether our previous unflappable confidence was unrealistic. I can't imagine losing, sure many others are the same - I can definitely see people after trouble should the unimaginable happen and we lose to the scum. The atmosphere is going to be electric, the WHOLE ground rocking. The Burnley hoard will no doubt try and sing for two due to their allocation being down on last time, which should ensure one of the best atmospheres at Ewood in years. It will be even better than last time, that I am sure.

But will we win? Will the boys be up for it? Hopefully Dunny will have drilled it into the rest of the team how big this game is, along of course with 2005 survivors Ryan Nelsen and MGP. There's no doubting they will be up for it, as under Coyle they seem to relish every game, especially one where they can make themselves local legends (well, even more so now after their promotion). Will Robinson keep his cool under the pressure from both sets of fans? Will our back line remember how to defend against a team who like to pass and play pretty football? Will our midfield outfight their midfield? Will Andrews start, and if so, could he handle such a pressure filled game - I doubt it myself! Di Santo would be the ideal candidate up front, as he will fight and battle and seems to have a mutual bond with the Rovers fans. Dunny will obviously be up for it, the only worry being he's "too" up for it and it leads to a red card, or selfish play trying to capture the glory. And just imagine Kalinic came on and got the winner?

I cannot wait, yet at the same time I am dreading it. They're a decent side, but hopefully our Premier League class, a vocal home backing and a kick up the arse from Sam will lead to a Rovers win - and the preservation of our 30 year record.

BRING ON THE DINGLES/INBREDS/@#/?S/SCUM etc...

:rover::brfc:

2 weeks, and the town and surrounding area is fast approaching fever pitch. It's like a cup final is looming, but this is so much bigger. Defeat is unthinkable; although many are beginning to question whether our previous unflappable confidence was unrealistic. I can't imagine losing, sure many others are the same - I can definitely see people after trouble should the unimaginable happen and we lose to the scum. The atmosphere is going to be electric, the WHOLE ground rocking. The Burnley hoard will no doubt try and sing for two due to their allocation being down on last time, which should ensure one of the best atmospheres at Ewood in years. It will be even better than last time, that I am sure.

But will we win? Will the boys be up for it? Hopefully Dunny will have drilled it into the rest of the team how big this game is, along of course with 2005 survivors Ryan Nelsen and MGP. There's no doubting they will be up for it, as under Coyle they seem to relish every game, especially one where they can make themselves local legends (well, even more so now after their promotion). Will Robinson keep his cool under the pressure from both sets of fans? Will our back line remember how to defend against a team who like to pass and play pretty football? Will our midfield outfight their midfield? Will Andrews start, and if so, could he handle such a pressure filled game - I doubt it myself! Di Santo would be the ideal candidate up front, as he will fight and battle and seems to have a mutual bond with the Rovers fans. Dunny will obviously be up for it, the only worry being he's "too" up for it and it leads to a red card, or selfish play trying to capture the glory. And just imagine Kalinic came on and got the winner?

I cannot wait, yet at the same time I am dreading it. They're a decent side, but hopefully our Premier League class, a vocal home backing and a kick up the arse from Sam will lead to a Rovers win - and the preservation of our 30 year record.

BRING ON THE DINGLES/INBREDS/@#/?S/SCUM etc...

:rover::brfc:

Well said this man!

Good evening.

So the count down starts in earnest. There are 2 genuinely big games for me this season, this one and the return at Turf Moor.

So who will prevail? Will the old cliches about Derby games really come into play? Who knows, lets be honest your team are no mugs, you have years of Premier League experience and a manager who has been around the Prem for a long long time and knows all about it. Not forgetting that our away form so far has been terrible (though that was against some of the leagues best teams plus Stoke who had one of last seasons best home records). It seems the odds are very much in your favour.

That said I suspect however awful many of you keep saying we are, however lucky you think we have been so far, in your heart of hearts you know we are a better team than you suspected and just maybe you are a little more worried than you care to admit. I'm under no illusion we are under dogs in this one, won't stop me enjoying it. We can play a bit, have some decent players and with all due respect you don't have forwards with the quality of Torres, Drogba etc.

Interesting to hear some suggesting 'if Burnley win our fans will batter their fans', after all the time you have spent saying how thuggish Burnley fans are. Surely if there are fans of both persuasions who'd like a 'rumble' they can seek each other out at their respective drinking dens and sort it out away from all the decent fans who want to go to the match and enjoy a great game of football in one of the most electric atmospheres world football can offer? Because no matter what anybody says Burnley V Blackburn games do generate that - whereever they are played.

Good evening.

So the count down starts in earnest. There are 2 genuinely big games for me this season, this one and the return at Turf Moor.

So who will prevail? Will the old cliches about Derby games really come into play? Who knows, lets be honest your team are no mugs, you have years of Premier League experience and a manager who has been around the Prem for a long long time and knows all about it. Not forgetting that our away form so far has been terrible (though that was against some of the leagues best teams plus Stoke who had one of last seasons best home records). It seems the odds are very much in your favour.

That said I suspect however awful many of you keep saying we are, however lucky you think we have been so far, in your heart of hearts you know we are a better team than you suspected and just maybe you are a little more worried than you care to admit. I'm under no illusion we are under dogs in this one, won't stop me enjoying it. We can play a bit, have some decent players and with all due respect you don't have forwards with the quality of Torres, Drogba etc.

Interesting to hear some suggesting 'if Burnley win our fans will batter their fans', after all the time you have spent saying how thuggish Burnley fans are. Surely if there are fans of both persuasions who'd like a 'rumble' they can seek each other out at their respective drinking dens and sort it out away from all the decent fans who want to go to the match and enjoy a great game of football in one of the most electric atmospheres world football can offer? Because no matter what anybody says Burnley V Blackburn games do generate that - whereever they are played.

You're spot on with a lot of what you've written there. However, I'm not worried about the quality of Burnley FC's team. It's more our manager's insistence on questionable tactics and team selection, reducing our team to the equivalent of a capable boxer fighting with one arm tied behind his back. Like for example today, no one expected to beat Arsenal. But at 3-2 down to take off our best player in Dunn was suicidal. Keith Andrews, by far our worst player, remained for a full 90 minutes.

If he picks the best eleven and plays 4-2-2 I think you're in for a tubbing. If he persists with the 4-5-1, Andrews in midfield, almost every defender out of position, etc... Then as I said to my BFC supporting colleague, you will never have a better chance.

Interesting to hear some suggesting 'if Burnley win our fans will batter their fans', after all the time you have spent saying how thuggish Burnley fans are.

The reason for the over the top restrictions on fans is because of the burnley fans recent exploits, and form in recent games between the 2 clubs, not the Blackburn fans.

So that tosser in the paper night after night complaining about having to travel to the morgue to come to Blackburn, need look no further than his own fans for the reason.

CANNOT WAIT!!!

BRING ON THE DINGLES!!

Same here!! Really really hate that lot...

Come on Rovers

We MUST win, and a 5-0 win would be nice ;)

For the next 2 weeks, I am going to be a wreck. Excited/nervous/scared/happy all come to mind.

:brfc:

Same here!! Really really hate that lot...

Come on Rovers

We MUST win, and a 5-0 win would be nice ;)

For the next 2 weeks, I am going to be a wreck. Excited/nervous/scared/happy all come to mind.

:brfc:

Kalanic hat-trick...

We can but dream :D

The reason for the over the top restrictions on fans is because of the burnley fans recent exploits, and form in recent games between the 2 clubs, not the Blackburn fans.

So that tosser in the paper night after night complaining about having to travel to the morgue to come to Blackburn, need look no further than his own fans for the reason.

rembember the knobheads climbing on the roof..loons.

On DingleMad they seem to think they will win. Say they're better, destiny etc....surely there is a reason for their confidence, or are they just setting themselves up for a fall? :unsure:

Then again, the scum have a thread questioning whether Bikey is the new Essien :blink:

I think they have the right attitude, they've got nothing to lose and haven't really played anyone at home yet (Man Utd & Everton weren't themselves). The only time I've seen them hammer a team is Saturday but Birmingham were awful. I think of the side's that have come up, they are the better team. It's how they'll cope when they suffer a few defeats at home that'll be the acid test for them - and how the fans will cope (some of them are already disgruntled with their away form).

That said, they certainly aren't as good as some of their fans think they are. However some of their fans are realistic and aren't expecting much out of the Ewood game. My BFC supporting colleague turned up the other day after their 5-0 defeat and said... "It's 6-0 next, looking forward to it?" :D

He's still certain they'll go back down and that anything else is a bonus. And he's a big Burnley fan who has supported them from being a kid and doesn't miss a match.

I won't be surprised if Coyle gets offered a job elsewhere if he keeps them playing alright. I've met Coyle (don't ask why, I'll just say work commitments :wacko: ) and he's a funny decent guy, very down to Earth. It's not hard to see why he's got a championship team playing out of their skin weekly. So he'll definitely get snapped up by a bigger club.

Although we were thrashed today I am infinitely more confident we will beat them than I was three weeks ago. We know what our best team is (DROP ANDREWS SAM!!) Dunn is in fine form, Di Santo offers us much more than Roberts did, hopefully Samba will be back.

We do have a good team.

My one point would be, again, HOILETT HAS TO START RIGHT WITH DIOUF ON THE LEFT. It won't happen but it should. Pedersen and Emerton give us little out wide.

A loss would put Sam back in a very awkward position again.

Yes quite a few sold this morning by the looks of it...

If more seats in the DE are not made available for Rovers fans then it will be a crying shame. 99% of our fans want to go to this game, let's get as many in as possible Rovers!!! Opening the upper tier wont affect the police cordon outside and it can be segregated inside exactly like the lower, obviously the full half wouldn't happen but between 500-1,000 tickets on sale wouldn't jeapodise any safety/security and would have a positive impact on the team. Do the right thing Rovers, fans have more or less snapped up all seats in the rest of the ground and if allowed would do the same in the Darwen End - let's have the biggest Rovers following at Ewood for years!

No point in opening the Darwen End. Tickets have been on sale for over a week and there are still some left. Any Blackburn Rovers fan worthy of the name will have made sure they had a ticket by now. The couple of hundred left are more likely to end up in the hands of desperate dingles!

Good evening.

So the count down starts in earnest. There are 2 genuinely big games for me this season, this one and the return at Turf Moor....................

In regard to the football I think you're spot on, with regard to the fans battering each other I don't know as I've never been near that sort of thing. Good post though.

Really looking forward to this, the best game at Ewood this season. I hope Allardyce takes notice of how important it is. I'm sure he understands, it's whether he takes note or not?

Really looking forward to this, the best game at Ewood this season. I hope Allardyce takes notice of how important it is. I'm sure he understands, it's whether he takes note or not?

He's the expert Paul .. .didn't you know? :rock:;)

And this is the worrying factor for the majority.

The subbing of Dunn when he did yesterday told me everything I needed to know about how importantly Sam rates the dingles game.

Spot on.

I can't understand posters that complain of Sam's incompetence over that decision.

At 4-2 down, the game was over, getting anything from the game was beyond us by then.

In fairness, the Burnley game is two weeks away. With the international break coming up, where Dunn won't be involved, there's little reason to rest him. He might've felt a niggle, but looked a bit too incensed to be injured if you ask me. I think the main reason was to get another real striker up front. With Andrews' being totally out of depth in midfield, I'd rather see Dunn take his place - but there you go, Sam's the expert.

As for Di Santo, what a class player he is, and what a player he will become. Too bad he's only here for a short while.. Think he and Kalinic could make a good partnership, preferably with Diouf and Emerton or Hoilett on each side of midfield - Grella and N'Zonzi in the centre.

Robinson

Jacobsen, Givet, Samba, Chimbonda

Hoilett, Grella, N'Zonzi, Diouf

Di Santo, Dunn

Dunn could alternatively take Diouf's place, that would allow a Kalinic or McCarthy up front with Di Santo.

The subbing of Dunn when he did yesterday told me everything I needed to know about how importantly Sam rates the dingles game.

I didn't so much have a problem with him taking Dunn or Emerton off but did have a problem with him bringing Pedersen and McCarthy on. They offered nothing.

Spot on.

I can't understand posters that complain of Sam's incompetence over that decision.

At 4-2 down, the game was over, getting anything from the game was beyond us by then.

Exactly.

I wonder how people would have felt if had been Dunn hobbling off the field instead of McCarthy?

No doubt the same people whinging about the substitution would have been on here complaining that Dunn had been left on. Weren't people even suggesting Dunn should have been left out of the Arsenal game entirely? :rolleyes:

If anybody thinks a game is over at 4-2 then they shouldn't be involved anywhere within football.

Its not over until the fat lady sings.

As I have posted - if we are that reliant on Dunn we have got big big problems, especially if he does pick up an injury.

Archived