SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The "Impartial" Bbc

dixonbrfc

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adrian Chiles has a quickie - but insists he's just good friends with Christine...

BBC Match Of The Day 2 presenter Adrian Chiles was granted a quickie divorce from his ex-wife yesterday, who cited Adrian's "unreasonable behaviour" as grounds for their divorce.

Soon after Adrian's marriage broke down with Radio 4 presenter Jane Garvey, it was reported that TV presenter Christine Bleakley split from her boyfriend, who blamed the break-up on Chiles, citing him as the 'third person' in their relationship.

One wonders whether Adrian has been playing away from home or whether his "unreasonable behaviour" is due to other matters?

Link: Adrian and Christine.

Lineker caught up in Taliban attack....

Gary says that he had to dive for cover when he visited troops in Afghanistan recently. Fortunately he was unharmed in the attack, which Lineker described it as a "scary" experience.

LINK HERE

While he was visiting the country Lineker heard about the new Afghanistan football league set-up. If you miss a penalty you have your feet amputated. The losing side gets stoned to death.

Anyway, back on to more relevant matters and specifically Match Of The Day....

In the link below the Sports Editor Paul Armstrong explains why Match Of The Day is nearly always broadcast live and is only rarely pre-recorded. He also gives some of his reasons behind the running order placement of matches on the programme.

LINK HERE

Anyway, back on to more relevant matters and specifically Match Of The Day....

In the link below the Sports Editor Paul Armstrong explains why Match Of The Day is nearly always broadcast live and is only rarely pre-recorded. He also gives some of his reasons behind the running order placement of matches on the programme.

LINK HERE

Nice guy, Paul. My daughter knows him quite well

I'd be worried if Lawro predicted anything other than a Rovers defeat. Most of his other predictions usually seem pretty rational - but he always make sure to put us down for a defeat.

He has this season. He does predict us to win at home occasionally and that usually makes me worried because he's most often wrong about us. 2-1 defeat? Thanks Lawro :)

• Backroom

Lawro :rolleyes: what logic did he use to get a 2-1 victory for Burnley, considering they haven't scored away from home yet, and we've looked solid in pretty much all of our home games thus far?

Saying that, Lawro and logic don't go together. I can remember a couple of years back somebody worked out that under his prediction league we'd be bottom with hardly any points, whilst in actual fact I think we were in the top half of the table. <_<

I sat down to watch football focus fully expecting to be watching a piece about one of the oldest & fiercest Derbies in world football only to be disappointed to see more pieces about foreign ownership in the premier league.

Now, dont get me wrong, I dont see anything wrong with the league expanding & clubs being run from other countries however, the overwhelming concencus from the focus panel was that it would change the fabric of football & therefore not a good thing!!

OK lads, so when a game between two town clubs who have faught tooth & nail to play in the greatest league in the world against teams that are spending hundreds of millions you barely give it a mention!!!!

No, lets see what the money grabbing Harry Rednapp has to say about returning to the club he almost ruined!!!

Talking about Sunderland football club being 130 years old today (1879)... Still no mention of our derby.

Sticking with Sky from now on, ###### disgrace.

Same here. I very rarely watch Football Focus but sat down to watch a preview of tomorrow's game. I'm astounded that their editorial team did not deem it worthy of a mention. They'd rather continue their love in with 'Arry. Unbelievable.

I used to think the BBC really was something very special, but in recent years it's been rubbish, quite frankly, with all that dancing stuff and talent shows with Andrew Lloyd Wazzock, etc. Putting the Wigan game on first is typical and confirms by suspicion that they really do hate us. I've no doubt that fat-faced (please don't use that word again) Chiles will bang on about how (Eh! You've been told)ing unlucky the dirty dingles were and how that (Sidders, you're on thin ice) of a referee did really well. I hate Chiles. He's a complete and utter (Right sonny, naughty step for you!).

Right that's it! Never again am I watching BBC 'coverage' of the Premier League.

Wigan first was the final straw. Oldest Derby in football between two fierce rivals, a rivalry more intense than most and it gets treated like any other North West game!

And Jesus wept Savage, 'well it's no liverpool everton' behave yourself!

That was an insult to a special football match full of history.

Sky and only Sky from now on.

I dont care what they say about us. If lawro predicts a defeat for us, fine, he has a job to do. But to ignore us on FF and then put us second to a 1-1 involving Wigan and City is an insult. Id love to hear their justification. Its one of only 3/4 games this season where we can legitimately expect to recieve some attention, but nothing.

It is ridiculous as i dont expect us to be above the likes of Man Utd in the running order on a normal saturday evening show but this wasnt that. Our one great derby game at Ewood and they would rather show some borefest from Wigan. Surely on goals alone we would be selected? Cant somebody formally get in touch with the bbc? without resorting to an insulting or derogatory tone, just to ask why we're so marginalised even when our big games come along in comparison to Wigan/Man City.

And Jesus wept Savage, 'well it's no liverpool everton' behave yourself!

I'm surprised he said that, because in his recent column he was saying how overawed he was by the derby and didn't play it down compared to the so-called "bigger derbies."

Archived