BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-Match Song Over Pa.

As the teams walk slowly out of the tunnel, the PA should start to play Hey Jude by The Beatles. They all line up and shake hands etc, and by the time the song gets to the chorus (Nah,nah nah nana nana..)bit, the players are running to the BBE, and the whole ground joins in with the nah nah nana chants, obviously adding Rovers instead of Hey Jude. The PA is faded down, and the Rovers fans keep singing this for a minute before the toss.

Makes me hair tingle at the thought if it actually happening.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate is desperate for Rovers to take the field to Ten Pole Tudor's "Swords of a Thousand men". I can see where he's coming from but I reckon it's more England than Rovers.

I'd quite like "Hit the North" by The Fall when we play Southern teams.

The band name and song here might be appropriate at the moment -

As the teams walk slowly out of the tunnel, the PA should start to play Hey Jude by The Beatles. They all line up and shake hands etc, and by the time the song gets to the chorus (Nah,nah nah nana nana..)bit, the players are running to the BBE, and the whole ground joins in with the nah nah nana chants, obviously adding Rovers instead of Hey Jude. The PA is faded down, and the Rovers fans keep singing this for a minute before the toss.

Makes me hair tingle at the thought if it actually happening.

Little bit too overthought mate :P haha

My mate is desperate for Rovers to take the field to Ten Pole Tudor's "Swords of a Thousand men". I can see where he's coming from but I reckon it's more England than Rovers.

Good taste has your mate, it's one I've suggested before too. A really good 'rabble rousing' song. You might be right about the England bit, can't think of anything that really links it to any one club/team.

• Backroom

Final countdown for me

Edit: I remember in the early ninties it would be boys are back in town then final countdown and Tina Turner simply the best if we won :lol:

Archived