BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton V Rovers

Ben-2000

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Roberts' last minute goal was probably my favourite away day moment.

This is one of the games I look forward to the most, being from Bolton, lived in Bolton all my life, all my family Bolton fans, most of my friends too. I'm afraid to say the first football match I experienced was at Burnden park, it was a good first experience, a memory I'll treasure forever. My family managed to get tickets for the last ever game at Burnden Park and I followed them all the way to Wembley too but they lost 2-0 to Watford in 1999. Embarrassing! (I was a Rovers fan at the time)

Bolton meant nothing to me, the passion wasn't there, after they lost to Barnsley in the season of 1997-1998 just before they were relegated, I randomly picked a team from my brother's BWFC fixture list and Blackburn Rovers just........... I don't really know, I don't know why but I've supported them ever since. I don't regret making that decision of choosing Rovers, in fact it's probably the best decision I've ever made.

More recently I went to watch them when Sam was in charge and they beat Arsenal 1-0 in the F.A Cup in 2006, went to the game with my Rovers shirt underneath my jumper. I even clapped when they scored, shame on me. One things for sure, I won't be clapping for Bolton on Sunday and I doubt Sam will be either. I'm hoping he feels the same way as I do, Bolton days are history we've moved on since then.

I'll be happy with a draw, although on paper I think we have a much stronger team and are more than capable of taking all three points.

The song are you Bolton in Disguise comes to mind reading that lmao :D

The song are you Bolton in Disguise comes to mind reading that lmao :D

:lol:

A thought came to mind earlier about Ireland playing France, my boyfriend is Irish, I'm English. I can't be bothered to watch them play, they mean nothing to me, I don't feel passionate about their football, my point being there's just nothing there when it comes to Bolton, no feelings whatsoever. You only need to look at my fanzone videos to know I'm passionate enough about Rovers ;)

Has anyone received the Rovers v Bolton‏ newsletter. I like it how it is now saying Seniors/Club 16-21 £5 when before on the website it said Under 21's and I emailed the club and they said it is definitely under 21 and does not include 21 year olds.

I'm not bothered I only paid £5 and rightly so.

BoltonvRovers.jpg

Has anyone received the Rovers v Bolton‏ newsletter. I like it how it is now saying Seniors/Club 16-21 £5 when before on the website it said Under 21's and I emailed the club and they said it is definitely under 21 and does not include 21 year olds.

:P Bloody nora you've really got a bee in your bonnet about this haven't you?!!

it would be 4-5-1 thats for sure......

MGP will need to start, and perform, to add 1-2 mil more to his value!

Diouf can be left out, regardless if he perform anot, not many teams would want him.

Andrew should not even be on the bench!

Desired starting line up (4-4-2)

Strikers: di santo + Roberts

midfield: MGP dunn Nzonzi Emerton

Defenders: Givet Nelson Samba chimbonda

Goalie: Robinson

Its just about time we start playing defenders at their preffered position since injury woes are over and done with at that department.

Hard to pick a team for this one.... I am unsure. Our away from with 451 has been abysmal which suggests a change is required. However the main issue I have with that is I think we will lose Dunn's quality as the game will pass him by. Tempeted to go for a diamond to retain Dunn's influence but with two up top.

---------Di Santo------Roberts

---------------------Dunn

-----Pedersen-----------Emerton

-------------------Nzonzi

Givet----Nelsen------Samba---Chimbonda

------------------Robinson

Subs:- Brown, Salgado, Olsson, Grella, McCarthy, Diouf, Kalinic

Bring on McCarthy for Dunn as he tires second half. Kalinic for one of Roberts/Di Santo

It would be nice if we had a proper left back....

Park your caravans on the official car park, you tight fisted @#/?s! :rolleyes:

Hello peeps - only joking. Enjoy your day out in God's Town . Not too much though.

I reckon this has got 0-0 written all over it and no Sky cameras again at either the Reebok or Ewood until at least 2015! (Which might not be a bad thing.)

I might be pleasantly surprised though. Bloody important game - for both clubs.

Team-wise it's pretty simple to me - start with Sam's favoured 4-5-1 with Pedersen playing and we will struggle.

Assuming fitness. I would go with:

...............Robbo

Chimbonda...Samba...Nelsen...Givet

..........Grella...N'Zonzi

Emerton.......................Dunn

...........Benni...Di Santo

Let Benni roam where he wants, and if need be drop 3 into the middle (Bert, Grella and N'Zonzi) and let Benni AND Dunn have free roles with Franco the figurehead up front.

I'm sure 'The Expert' will get it right though and we'll emerge with a positive result .... :blink:

I think the problem with Givet and Dunn on the left is that Givet will be reluctant to go forward and Dunn will drift into the middle, so we'd become incredibly narrow on that side.

A right footed attacking midfielder cutting in from the left can be effective, but they need an overlapping fullback to make it successful. Chimbonda, despite being right footed, would probably compliment Dunn better on that side.

:rover: depends on what team the EXPERT puts out,usual formation or 2 strikers on the park,if he plays the usual formation the fans will have to give him a nudge in the direction ala pompey.usual formation 0-3 defeat 2 strikers 2-1 to us :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

Though our record at the Reebok is good in recent years, saw a stat that said we have only lost once in our last 10 visits? I think this game has a 0-0 boring draw written all over it.

Yep only lost twice since it opened in 1997.

0-0 bore? Bolton haven't kept a clean sheet in the league all season.

Now I've said that you'll probably be right.

Team-wise it's pretty simple to me - start with Sam's favoured 4-5-1 with Pedersen playing and we will struggle.

Assuming fitness. I would go with:

...............Robbo

Chimbonda...Samba...Nelsen...Givet

..........Grella...N'Zonzi

Emerton.......................Dunn

...........Benni...Di Santo

Let Benni roam where he wants, and if need be drop 3 into the middle (Bert, Grella and N'Zonzi) and let Benni AND Dunn have free roles with Franco the figurehead up front.

I'm sure 'The Expert' will get it right though and we'll emerge with a positive result .... :blink:

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:41 PM

Tactics, formations, systems.

Based upon my thoughts on our current best players/most effective and getting them all onto the pitch.

.......................Robinson......................= best keeper

Chimbonda...Samba....Nelson......Givet = best defenders

.........................Grella........................= best holding midfield

...............Emerton......Nzonzi..............= most mobile midfield players

...............McCarthy.....Dunn................= most gifted attack minded players/most likely to score

........................Di Santo.....................= best striker, i.e. most able to hold ball/mobile/score

Your team Mark has not an unsimilar look to one I posted at the beginning of November within the Tactics topic.

At the time I was fed up with EHD & MGP, which the following day against Pompey they duly backed my thoughts up!

My only reservations about this team/formation is that it is best suited at home, away from home against Bolton I think I'd rather have Roberts up top with Di Santo running off him, rather than Benni ambling around.

just had a text saying the match is in doubt due to the pitch being under water....but a lad on fbook (bolton fan denies it)

Rubbish!

Very little rain today over here and nothing major in last few days either! If they cant handle the water they will of had then there is serious issues here!

Archived