BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Vs Rovers

Fulham played well last season. This season they've had a better run of fixtures than us yet before today found themselves below us on the table. Liverpool are worse than last season yet one of the best clubs in the country? Then why had they not won a game in 10 prior to last night, no matter who they were versing :unsure:

We should have been looking for a point tonight, not a three nill drubbing. I'd accept a 1-0 loss but the 2nd half just lacked heart. I'd rather see a bunch of amateurs playing in the blue and white than the tripe that was on show tonight. I feel sorry for those that made the journey :wacko:

So Fulham are sh*t and we're better than anyone below us in the league on any given day?....alright :rolleyes:

Anyone can have a bad run of games, especially if their main players are out injured.

Doubt they were looking for it

I agree

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

:lol:

Kalinic? He's played a handful of games and is only 21 or so come off it, should we just throw away our investment?

Doran? What has this young lad done wrong?

How many times have you seen Elrio play?

THE SKY IS FALLING

Whooosh.

We shouldn't overeact tonight just like we shouldn't have after beating an awful Bolton side at the weekend. I'm getting worried about our inability to put away chances though - it took a howler from the Bolton lad to settle our nerves on the weekend and tonight we couldn't hit a barn door. As somebody else said Di Santo and Roberts are not finishers. I'd be very apprehensive about shelling out 7 million for Franco right now when we're crying out for somebody who can put their chances away ( even when IMO we've got one, maybe two in Mccarthy and Kalinic).

Dear god! I hope none of you lot were bragging on the Bolton thread about us being on the up!

Football does this to you. We dominated first half and didn't take our chances. It came back to haunt us. Up and down the country on any given Saturday you'll see numerous examples of this. You need to give Fulham credit as much as blaming tactical inadequacies, Keith Andrews, Vince Grella etc...

As things stand i'm not about to complain. The performances and lack of heart against Chelsea was the real low point of the season for me. Tonight we got turned over but over the course of the match were possibly unfortunate to lose by the 3 goals. Its football. It happens.

As for Andrews. The poor bloke could never come out of tonight with any credit. If we'd won he'd have received little praise as he'd joined a winning side from the Bolton game. We lost and his inclusion was one of few differences from Sunday's line up. Hence he becomes the perfect scapegoat. Yes he's not great and yes i'd rather see better than him playing for us. But one player will rarely lose a football match on his own.

Grella's first half is surely encouraging. The amount of match practice he's had probably indicates his performance was always likely to drop as the game wore on. To say he is not good enough is remarkable as we've seen so little of him. If and when he gets and stays fit i'll judge him then.

Diouff....we'll i'm inclined to agree with the mass opinion. Perhaps i simply don't understand the game well enough. But i don't see what he adds to our side. People talk about ball retention. But i like to see a wide player beat his man. If not, pick a pass. To my mind he does neither very well anymore.

Were was Dunny tonight?

Nelsen diving in and not winning the ball, did he cost us two of the three goals.

Andrews, is the clubs management taking the micheal by playing this lad in the premier league.

Diouf enough said.

Should Robbo have done better for that first goal?

So Fulham are sh*t and we're better than anyone below us in the league on any given day?....alright :rolleyes:

Anyone can have a bad run of games, especially if their main players are out injured.

Doubt they were looking for it

I agree

Are you honestly wanting me to find positives from tonights performance? Apart from an energetic, exciting opening 40 minutes there wasn't much else on show. It seemed like there was no plan B once going 1-0 down. I'm not expecting Rovers to beat every team below and around us but if Sam is seriously targeting games, well, we're down 3 points after tonight :blush: .

I'm hopeful and optimistic about the future, but just downbeat and disheartened by a shambolic second half is all :(

I'm getting worried about our inability to put away chances though - it took a howler from the Bolton lad to settle our nerves on the weekend and tonight we couldn't hit a barn door. As somebody else said Di Santo and Roberts are not finishers. I'd be very apprehensive about shelling out 7 million for Franco right now when we're crying out for somebody who can put their chances away ( even when IMO we've got one, maybe two in Mccarthy and Kalinic).

We are crying out for a Matt Derbyshire?

Oh yes!

I can't blame the strikers, not when our midfield was very poor. There's just no service from them. N'Zonzi and Emerton are a million times better than Andrews and Diouf. Grella was mediocre at best. I don't understand what kind of players Grella and Andrews are supposed to be (though I have a few choice words for what I know they are) as they don't seem to do anything particularly well.

We need service to the front two. Look at Fulham their first two goals were made by Duff who always manages to put in a decent cross.

What's happened to Van Heerden? He played well for South Africa and is an attacking midfielder.

Was playing very deep, don't know if that was down to instructions or having to cover for Andrews and Grella. Our only creative threat was playing a sitting role most of the game.

He was playing deep because he wasnt FIT enough to get further forward nothing else not tactics.

Are you honestly wanting me to find positives from tonights performance? Apart from an energetic, exciting opening 40 minutes there wasn't much else on show. It seemed like there was no plan B once going 1-0 down. I'm not expecting Rovers to beat every team below and around us but if Sam is seriously targeting games, well, we're down 3 points after tonight :blush: .

I'm hopeful and optimistic about the future, but just downbeat and disheartened by a shambolic second half is all :(

You just found a positive about the first half haha

But seriously, we can look positively at the game, if we'd had taken our chances in the first half; the game could have been very different.

Unfortunatly we didn't, so all we can do is work on our finishing (I know people will say we shouldn't have to with 4 strikers available) but the reality is, we do.

• Backroom

We are crying out for a Matt Derbyshire?

Oh yes!

I really don't think we are, average player at best bigged up because he was local.

if he was here he wouldn't play anyway

2-1, 1-1 or 1-2.

If Keef plays, 3-0.

Not sure we will go with Dunny in centre MF again. Hope so, but maybe Grella and N'Zonners in centre mid and Dunny on the left. Dunny can go in the middle when Grella gets injured.

Come on Sam, even a dope like me knows the score.

A 3-0 at Fulham is as bad as a 6-2 at Arsenal.

We are making things even harder for ourselves.

I can't believe someone has suggested removing Dunny (our best fecking player on current form, never mind midfielder!) from central midfield and only playing him when Grella is injured.

I'm out of here now, I'm already annoyed with the result never mind that kind of nonsense. In the words of Alan Partridge... I just hate people.

I can't believe someone has suggested removing Dunny (our best fecking player on current form, never mind midfielder!) from central midfield and only playing him when Grella is injured.

I'm out of here now, I'm already annoyed with the result never mind that kind of nonsense. In the words of Alan Partridge... I just hate people.

I didn't suggest that....read again.

• Backroom

Corrected.

Couldn't agree with you more, this is now the third thread I've said it in now tonight. He would be the difference between poor and good for us.

The club just seems all over the place at the moment. It doesn't know if its coming or going.

I'm pretty sure its going. But just trying desperately to prolong the inevitable for as long as possible.

Edit...

Or long enough for some Arab or American benefactor to give us a leg up.

Another point is that the balance of the side was all wrong. It worked on Sunday in the second half but with Givet out tonight we didn't have one left footed player on the pitch. Watching the highlights on Sky now Robbo should never have been beaten on his near post like that. Awful goal keeping and defending from Nelsen.

Archived