BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2010

Iceman

You beat Colombia in the second game...but generally it is true that upsets seem to happen in the first game.

Biggest one I have seen is when Snenegal beat France in frst game of 2002 World Cup. And absolute shocker. Incidentally Diouf was brilliant that day. If only he could wind back the years!

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liking that draw - it's not bad for England, and in terms of tickets we've ended up with (all Cape Town) ...

And our last 16 game will probably be Spain v Portugal / Brazil / Ivory Coast.

:rover: anyspare for the algeria game tris :glare::brfcsmilie:

The US team will always play up to opponents and down to them as well. 4 years ago we had 9 men and drew with Italy (should have won if not for a disallowed goal) yet we lost the other games. The typically american thing to do would be to beat england and lose the other two matches. That said I just hope we advance. I will be thrilled if the US draws England and wins the other two matches, more thrilled if we then beat Germany, That kind of run would be another huge step in the right direction for the sport in this country.

The US team will always play up to opponents and down to them as well. 4 years ago we had 9 men and drew with Italy (should have won if not for a disallowed goal) yet we lost the other games. The typically american thing to do would be to beat england and lose the other two matches.

Sounds a lot like the Rovers.

They beat the champions Argentina.

that surely must be one of the biggest upsets in the World Cup. I think Senegal at France 98, had a very strong team compared to the Cameroonian team in 1990.

• 4 months later...
Guest Kamy100

Capello must surely be concerned about the form of John Terry. Last couple of weeks he has been very suspect and his performance against Tottenham today was poor, his decision making was shocking. Maybe all of the stuff outside of football is having an impact on his performances. Huge concern for England so near to the World Cup.

• 3 weeks later...

I still cant get a ticket :(

Didnt get a ticket to England vs Algeria :( . i think it was Tris that mentioned, that he might have a spare ticket, so here's hoping. :)

Isgak, how come you can't get a ticket? The guardian website says that there are 300,000 left, and now they're even selling them for cash. You should check out the world cup website and see what you can get!

Not for the England vs Algeria game Claire. Most of those tickets, are for games in areas, that im unable to travel to. It seems, that tickets for the games in Cape Town are all sold out.

Guest Kamy100

Was walking past Going Places at the weekend, they have a good world cup offer.

£997 - Travel (From Manchester), 5 Nights Accommodation and tickets to England v USA and Holland v Denmark.

Not for the England vs Algeria game Claire. Most of those tickets, are for games in areas, that im unable to travel to. It seems, that tickets for the games in Cape Town are all sold out.

Give over.

I reckon you're after a free ticket.

Whoops,I thought you were on about Ewood Park.

Sorry.

Give over.

I reckon you're after a free ticket.

Whoops,I thought you were on about Ewood Park.

Sorry.

what are you on about mate? ill probably be at the Round of 16 game, between the winner of 1G vs runner up 2H or the other way around winner 1H vs runner up 2G

Thats what they said on talksport, he will be named in the 30 and has been assured he'll make the 23. He was due to be a pundit for them in SA and has now dropped out, for the above reason.

Bit of a shock inculsion. So will it be Ferdinand, Terry, King & Jamie?????

Archived