BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2010

Iceman

Said before, it's all one way. The majority of English people couldn't give a toss.

Apart from you then!

We should win all three group games with relative ease.

Dear God lets not get into this Rule Britannia ###### all over again! We did very well in qualifying and have a decent if unspectacular team, but we are not that special. It is quite concievable that we will lose or draw at least one of the games.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill be at match 56 at the Cape Town Stadium, will anybody be at that game? I think its the winner of group H against the Runner up in Group G... That could potentialy be Spain against Portugal, if ive worked that out correctly. Or could be Brazil against Spain, if Portugal somehow overcome Brazil. :tu:

:rover: Have you got a ticket for the england game in cape town,i might have a spare at sud africa prices :blush::brfc:

So Capello is thinking about going 3-5-2 if Barry isn't fit? Is Barry really that important? I'm sure Parker, Carrick or Milner could do that job.

In fact, it seems crazy given the amount of wingers he's included in the squad. I can't see how Lennon, Walcott, Wright-Phillips or Johnson fit into that system; surely Ashley Cole and Glen Johnson will be wing backs?

I can't see how that formation solves the problem either, you still need a holding midfielder.

So Capello is thinking about going 3-5-2 if Barry isn't fit? Is Barry really that important? I'm sure Parker, Carrick or Milner could do that job.

Barry is arguably our most important player after Rooney. He keeps things simple and ticking over in a way that no one else in the sqaud does, but is also capable of the insightful pass. Carrick is not as good as Barry imo and has had a poor season, and Parker is more box to box than a sitter.

Trying to replace Barry will be difficult.

Put Carrick in the holding role. He's a top international quality CM who plays regularly at the highest level for one of the world's top teams.

Have Carrick holding, Gerrard and Lampard ahead of him and Lennon and Cole in advanced wide positions. Rooney on his own up front.

If not, then put gerrard out left, Carrick and Lampard in the middle.

Don't get me wrong, I think Barry will be a miss, but he's by no means irreplaceable.

:rover: Have you got a ticket for the england game in cape town,i might have a spare at sud africa prices :blush::brfc:

Ahhhhhh here he is!!! You done your run round Rishton yet? Noticed you have been VERY quiet in the Big Sam thread,,,,,why is that?! :rolleyes:

Capello's likely line-up if we go 3-5-2?

---------------------------Green--------------------------

----------- Ferdinand -- Terry -- Upson --------------

A.Cole --------------------------------------- G.Johnson

--------- Gerrard ----- Lampard ----- Milner -----------

------------------- Rooney ---- Heskey -----------------

Quite like the look of that although surely it's a major risk changing to a untried tonight after doing so well in qualfying. Capello does like Barry in the centre of midfield, like as already been mentioned Carrick's been poor this season Huddlestone would be a natural replacement for Barry but he lacks international experience.

Ahhhhhh here he is!!! You done your run round Rishton yet? Noticed you have been VERY quiet in the Big Sam thread,,,,,why is that?! :rolleyes:

:rover: i answered your last snide remark in the villa thread,june the 5th if your that intrested,lard@rse still plays crap football,and i remanber someone saying he was getting sacked in jan,your info is @#/? :wacko::brfc:

This isn't aimed at you Grizfoot, but Capello if he were to play 5-3-2 - this is the World Cup FFS! It comes once every four years and it the most prestigious trophy in world football. Now is not the time to be experimenting with stupid 5-3-2 formations because we're mising ONE CM. And Barry isn't even one of our top players. It's not as if we're missing Rooney.

I thought we had a crisis at CB as well? Apparently not if we're playing 5-3-2.

This isn't aimed at you Grizfoot, but Capello if he were to play 5-3-2 - this is the World Cup FFS! It comes once every four years and it the most prestigious trophy in world football. Now is not the time to be experimenting with stupid 5-3-2 formations because we're mising ONE CM. And Barry isn't even one of our top players. It's not as if we're missing Rooney.

I thought we had a crisis at CB as well? Apparently not if we're playing 5-3-2.

I agree not really the time to be messing around with formations I was just stating what it might look like.

On a side note, anybody seen the Capello rating index site that has recentley been launced, makes for interesting viewing:

http://www.capelloindex.com/site/

It has Rovers players ratings for the Man United and Arsenal games on, Samba scores particuarly high in both games.

So whats the excuse for taking 'Calamlity' James??

Why didnt he take Kirkland instead?!

James is not the one to worry about Hughesy - its Green that should be the concern - no way near international level.

As for Hart difficult to comment - but if can only base it on the game we played against Brum at home - he has the same problems as Robinson with regard to coming for crosses, if not worse.

My biggest fault with Robinson is that he doesn't communicate or bark at his defenders enough, which I feel is why you see alot of of uncertainty at times from him and the Rovers defence.

Barry is arguably our most important player after Rooney. He keeps things simple and ticking over in a way that no one else in the sqaud does, but is also capable of the insightful pass. Carrick is not as good as Barry imo and has had a poor season, and Parker is more box to box than a sitter.

Trying to replace Barry will be difficult.

12 months ago i'd have agreed with those comments, but twelve months or so on and after the hip injury that Barry sustained towards the end of his Villa career, I think its a blessing in disguise that Barry is now out of the world cup as his lack of pace and his ability to turn quickly would have been exposed.

I don't see anything other than a very difficult game for us against the Yanks. If we walk in overconfident it will be our demise, I think on their day the USA can play with any team in the World, they've shown that. Those looking for an easy win will be disappointed. Still, we do love to think we are better than we actually are don't we.

For the fella having a BBQ in Bullhead City in June good luck fella, what you gonna do toss the meat outside and let it slow cook on the cement.

Capello's likely line-up if we go 3-5-2?

---------------------------Green--------------------------

----------- Ferdinand -- Terry -- Upson --------------

A.Cole --------------------------------------- G.Johnson

--------- Gerrard ----- Lampard ----- Milner -----------

------------------- Rooney ---- Heskey -----------------

Quite like the look of that although surely it's a major risk changing to a untried tonight after doing so well in qualfying. Capello does like Barry in the centre of midfield, like as already been mentioned Carrick's been poor this season Huddlestone would be a natural replacement for Barry but he lacks international experience.

That formation looks good as a plan A, and if it doesnt work then his plan B would be to get 2 pacey wingers on ( Walcott, Lennon, SWP, or Johnson)

With Cole and G Johnson we have 2 very attacking full backs/wing backs.

Ballack is out of the World Cup.

Sick tackle by Boateng robs one of the worlds best players of an international swansong.

Germany are hit with the loss of both him and their first choice keeper Adler now.

Its Germany, nobody cares!! The more injuries for them the better! It was a German who did it too him too! :lol:

Archived