BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2010

Iceman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was quite surprised by the USA v Czech Rep scoreline. I didn't see the game so did the scoreline reflect how USA played or did you play well but were just unlucky? What is the general feeling USA fans have when playing England? Do you expect to get a draw or got a good chance to get the win or do you think you haven't got a chance in getting anything from that game?

Bob Bradley rested quite a few WC starters (Howard, Dempsey, Altidore, Donovan, Bradley, Spector) so it wasn't really similar to the side we will see on June 12. That being said, Bocanegra is still recovering from injury and Onyewu, seeing match action for the first time in forever, got 65 minutes and didn't move very well. If there's no improvement and he's out there in June, Wayne Rooney will eat him alive.

As for expectations, I think that the US team is at the point where there is enough quality to compete on a game by game basis with most teams, so I wouldn't be shocked if they managed a draw or better against England but I'm really not expecting it.

I was quite surprised by the USA v Czech Rep scoreline. I didn't see the game so did the scoreline reflect how USA played or did you play well but were just unlucky? What is the general feeling USA fans have when playing England? Do you expect to get a draw or got a good chance to get the win or do you think you haven't got a chance in getting anything from that game?

The US played well enough at the start and at the very end, but our defense was exposed -- Bornstein and Pearce should be nowhere near the national team as both are left backs who get victimized again and again. Fortunately we'll most likely line up with Bocanegra there and Spector on the right, which will make the back much more solid.

We were also lacking our steel in the midfield - Michael Bradley wasn't playing, and the Czechs dominated the center of the park.

The US played well enough at the start and at the very end, but our defense was exposed -- Bornstein and Pearce should be nowhere near the national team as both are left backs who get victimized again and again. Fortunately we'll most likely line up with Bocanegra there and Spector on the right, which will make the back much more solid.

We were also lacking our steel in the midfield - Michael Bradley wasn't playing, and the Czechs dominated the center of the park.

It also didn't help that our best midfielder on the night, Maurice Edu, ended up playing CB for the last couple of goals.

Normally not impressed by Ching, but thought he had a good match and was unlucky not to make the cut. His passing was impressive and between that and his strength it would be interesting to see him re-born as a midfielder.

Gerrard and Lampard can not play in the centre of a 442, that's way too attacking for us.

Agreed. I'd rather have Carrick holding with one of them in advance. I also think that Cole is a better option on the left than Gerrard. If we were to play a 4-4-2 then one of Gerrard or Lampard would be dropped IMO.

Anyone know or can find out if Huntelaar was a regular starter for Holland during their qualifying campaign.

The 110-1 on Betfair for him to be top scorer looks too big, especially as their group of Japan, Denmark and Cameroon doesn't look that difficult.

NZ wins 1-0, Zigic was very poor, glad we didnt sign him, Nelsen had a good game.

He did almost score an own goal ;) but other than that he had a good game. I was impressed with the New Zealand goalkeeper :tu:

Weren't sre if to start a new topic for this so mere it is, Robbie Williams cover version of Three Lions.

Great video, not sure about the song.

Terrible version of 3 Lions :blink:

Archived