SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2010

Iceman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

Japan take the lead, great corner routine and finish, poor marking from England.

Interesting stat from ITV, Capello incharge for 24 games and only 6 clean sheets.

Japan take the lead, great corner routine and finish, poor marking from England.

Interesting stat from ITV, Capello incharge for 24 games and only 6 clean sheets.

England look a little bit slow and leggy similar to what you see in pre season, maybe a long season is catching up with them. Walcot has been very disappointing so far done nothing when hes had it, cue Lennon misses a one on one.

If only Gerrard had done a Guti and backheeled the ball when he tried to run through the Japanese defence, easier said than done suppose.

Gareth Southgates half time assessment of Bent and Rooneys link up play was shockingly poor especially when a clip was shown of Bents flick onto Rooney, Rooney runs into the box and plays a reverse pass back, Bent is nowhere near, and then Southgates goes on to says its fine link up play, no wonder he lost his job.

Guest Kamy100

I think that these poor performances mean that for the first time in a long time England are going into a tournament minus the ridiculously high expectations. Hopefully as the competition progresses the team will find it's form, normally the team that wins these major competitions really hits form later in the tournament.

Should have selected Robinson.

This England side looks bloody awful. This does not bode well for the World Cup at all. They've played very poorly in the last two games. Not good at all. 

I think its excellent news. Go USA! B)

Despite playing bad today, we still looked the most likely team to win and we did.

Once the final 23 is selected and the World Cup starts i'm pretty sure our lads will grow in confidence and we will look the business.

That's two teams we've faced who are playing in the World Cup and we won both times. Both teams I would say are stronger than at least two of the teams we're going to be facing in our group.

Hart is by far the best GK we've got. I'm bemused by people 'selecting' other keepers, TBH!

Not a bad line up besides that MMLP!

Maybe Joe Cole instead of Milner, but only maybe.

Not sure Barry is the answer at DMC, either, TBH. Parker possibly, but there question marks there, too.

Watched the French this evening and they won't be pleased with a 1-1 draw with Tunisia, but I have to say they look like a side that could well come together for the World Cup. There's a lot of talent in that squad and they did the total opposite of England today and played with pace and regularly ran at the Tunisian back four. A strong powerful side that is good at set pieces and fairly solid at the back, could be one to go a lot further than people expect (just like last time).

Guest Kamy100

The Italians, Spanish and Brazilians are all complaining about the football being used in the world cup, apparently it behaves erratically and it will get worse when playing at Altitude. If this is true, then it is shocking that the FIFA allowing a sub-standard ball to be used.

Archived