BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2010

Iceman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you bother following Rovers if that's your view on it?

Very predictable response and without going into one of my soulless premier league rants.. I think the answer is:

Loyalty, habit and a chance to meet up with some good friends. The football side of things is now secondary, there are only two or three fixtures a year with any spark.

I've enough independent thought and nous to see that the emperors new clothes aren't that impressive no matter how flashy the sky graphics. Have you? I mean come on the football season is now one long grind to forty points and that's good? I'm surprised no-one has tried to play for 38 draws yet!

I still love my club but the day our players refused to cross the half-way line at home to West Ham (and played for a draw against a dire team) - That was me done with 'modern' premier league football.

World Cup now that's exciting stuff!

Is it just me or is 34/1 outrageously generous odds for Portugal? Going to be sticking a few quid on that.

Carvalho, Miguel, Pepe, Pedro Mendes, Deco, Veloso, Nani, Simao, Almeida, Ronaldo...

That's a hell of a squad to pick from.

Is it just me or is 34/1 outrageously generous odds for Portugal? Going to be sticking a few quid on that.

Carvalho, Miguel, Pepe, Pedro Mendes, Deco, Veloso, Nani, Simao, Almeida, Ronaldo...

That's a hell of a squad to pick from.

No chance.

Tough group that they might not even get out of and then if they finish 2nd (which is more likely than 1st), then they will probably face Spain....Just cant see them even making the Quarters & would not be suprised if they dont progress from the group stage. I do however see Ronaldo causing mayhem with the new ball with his dipping free-kicks.

• Backroom

Very predictable response and without going into one of my soulless premier league rants.. I think the answer is:

Loyalty, habit and a chance to meet up with some good friends. The football side of things is now secondary, there are only two or three fixtures a year with any spark.

I've enough independent thought and nous to see that the emperors new clothes aren't that impressive no matter how flashy the sky graphics. Have you? I mean come on the football season is now one long grind to forty points and that's good? I'm surprised no-one has tried to play for 38 draws yet!

I still love my club but the day our players refused to cross the half-way line at home to West Ham (and played for a draw against a dire team) - That was me done with 'modern' premier league football.

World Cup now that's exciting stuff!

I have plenty of nous about me but i still love watching the premier league.

Even a drab 89 minutes can be made into a brilliant feelin with a scrappy winner ala vs spurs the season before last.

The feeling i get after a rovers win is unrivalled amongst sport for me

There are reports that Drogba has broken his elbow in a friendly against Japan. That will certianly hinder the Ivory Coast if true.

Looks like i am going to have to make a transfer in the Fantasy league before the games start,

Sky are now saying Rio out of World Cup, I wonder if England can call up a replacement.

Aye I think the rules are they are allowed to call up a replacement anytime up to 24 hours before their first game. I think that rule still applies if a second player gets injured as well, although I could be wrong.

Jamie Carragher. Now there's an Englishman.

With Caragher in the team and Gerrard as captain I think few people can have any qualms about the character of the players. Those two are a fair and true representation of working class English footballing lads and will both give it their all.

With Caragher in the team and Gerrard as captain I think few people can have any qualms about the character of the players. Those two are a fair and true representation of working class English footballing lads and will both give it their all.

When it suits them I guess, shame Carragher couldn't be bothered with any qualifying and retired from international football when he couldn't get a game and now is happy to be back in it since it's World Cup year, but yes to be fair you can't doubt his attitude on the field.

• Backroom

I don't get it, what does the fact that they are working class have to do with anything? And as pointed out wannabe gangster carragher has shown far less commitment than pretty much any of the squad.

I'm sure anyone in the world cup for us will give it their all I just hope king gets the nod.

I think we might see King play the first two matches as they're nearly a week apart. Then we can rest him for the third game (assuming we've got six points by then!) and play him again in the next round.

That said...it does get a bit dodgy if we get further than the second round, because the games might be too close together for King to start in consecutively. It might be better going with Carragher from the start and having that stability. Plus I think Carragher's game will compliment Terry's well.

The trouble with playing Carragher and Terry from the start means we have no pace in defence especially if Johnson and Cole are bombing forward at every opportunity. At least with King he has good pace and is an excellent reader of the game. The impression I got from King during his press conferences is that he's fine to play games as long as he keeps playing games and obviously doesn't train like the other members of the squad do. Remember he played 3 games in 9 days at the end of the season and was superb in every game.

Archived